Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Did some horse trading and managed to get a new toy for the toy box. A ftf transaction that will no longer be legal in a few weeks.

First plastic one in the toybox a XDS.
Sure like how it feels in the hand.

Now for IWB holster and tritium front sight suggestions.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome gun. I've carried mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck made for a Glock 36, and it disappears. Crossbreed makes a Mini-Tuck for it that probably would be smaller and even better. I also have occasionally carried it in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster, available at Midway.

The only sights I see specific for the gun are XS 24/7 and XS Express that Midway sells. The other manufactuers do not seem to offer them expressly for this gun, and they can be big and bulky and even overhang the rear of the slide. I am going to wait a while to see what turns up.

Midway is showing 7 round magazines in stock, but they may be gone shortly if you don't act fast. I use them without the magazine adapters.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I know a shop in town that has some Mini tucks in stock, thanks for the tip.

It was the slim trigger guard that won me over. It is not big and blocky like so many others.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I put a Sig Trijicon front sight on mine,and bought a PJ holster
LLC kydex holster both work great.

The sigg sight fit perfect and I used the stock rear W/the rear dots blacked out.

Last edited by iblong; 06/07/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome to the club

Great guns!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bcolorado
I know a shop in town that has some Mini tucks in stock, thanks for the tip.

On the Supertuck the higher you raise the belt clips the lower the gun goes inside the pants. I adjust it with a cant so I get a full firing grip but with as much of the gun as possible up against the torso, so none of the gun hangs beyond the torso. The XDS with the 5 round magazine is so short that this is possible, at least with my body profile. So, I have the holster adjusted with the front clip one hole higher than the back one. You have to experiment with the holster/gun combination once you get it.

Originally Posted by iblong
I put a Sig Trijicon front sight on mine,

I would like some more information on this. What is the part number and where did you get it? It sounds like you are using the stock rear sight, which I like because it is very low profile. I noticed that the gun tends to shoot low unless the three dots are centered exactly where you want to hit. Is that your experience with the stock sights and does the Sig Trijicon change that? Thanks.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Cheyenne
Sorry I do not have the part # I brought it to my Smith buddy
And he broke up a set he had,but the Sigg cut is the same.
We just measured the hights.I told him that if the front is a little lower than factory that would be good. and it was slightly which worked out great as I did shoot it a little low.
It now shoot's to point of aim for me.As in aim at the dot hit the dot.I was shooting about 1.5" low.
Wish I could be more help.

The Sigg rear sight would fit but was a little wide for the slide so yes Im useing the factory rear.

Last edited by iblong; 06/07/13.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
That Sig sight sounds good. Gonna have to do some research.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm interested, too, but not ready to commit. It looks like Brownell's has two types of Trijicon front sights for Sigs, and 2 types of Sig branded front night sights. So, I'm still going to wait until more info is available. Maybe someone else has some info to share.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have several IWB holsters for my XDS including a Mini-Tuck. They are obsolete now since I got a N82 Tactical Professional holster. It is absolutely the most comfortably holster you will ever wear....bar none. The suede leather is as soft as a Baby's behind against your skin.

You don't have to worry about your gun falling out or someone snatching it from you because the gun locks into the molded polycarbonate holster and requires a "twist" to release it.

[Linked Image]

The soft side
[Linked Image]

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
still carrying mine in the little kydex holster it came with. Just disappears under a tee shirt.
I have just about stopped carrying any of my other pistols or revolvers, in favor of the XDS.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the Ameriglo's you'll want the #8 height profiles and Trijicon SP01, SG01, SG05 will work but need to be fitted. Definitely want a sight pushing tool as they're tighter than a cats..well they're real tight anyway. smirk

All that per "ajames" from HS2000

He includes installation with the sights he sells.
HS2000 Sights

Jeff

I'm NOT the JScottRupp of Wolfe Publishing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congrats, nice gun! I'm a Colorado resident too, and just bought a Springfield Professional. Paid too much, but really really wanted it. I had already bought the holster for it so I had to buy one. Now, that's an expensive holster lol!

Last edited by colorado; 06/08/13.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (2500HD, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.