Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
We made a deal in a trade for his bow set-up and I made good on my part, in fact, he already used what I traded him to build the 6.8 spc that he has been discussing in this forum and is having fun with it. Anyway, I got a bow from him and according to the trade deal, he would send the soft case too. After over 2 months, no soft case. He has stopped responding to my PMs as of a month ago. The last one claimed that the PO must have lost it and to wait a couple of days to see if it shows up. If not, he would send me some cash. No cash, no case, and it has been over a month since we last talked. I lived up to my end of the bargain, but he did not, and he seems perfectly fine living with that, as he continues to post on this forum regardless of my PM's.

Dubya, quit hiding and pay up.

Originally Posted by dubya
I have a very lightly used Bowtech Tomkat for sale. I believe it's a 2008 model. It comes with 3 pin sight, drop away rest, newer string, quiver, release, a few new carbon arrows, and a soft case (i can buy a hard case to ship it in for an additional $30). I can't remember exactly what it's set at but i want to say it's between 65#-70# and a 29" draw. That's all adjustable anyway of course. Im asking $300 + shipping costs. I can text or email more pics or Info.

Thank you

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...EAP#Post7588106

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought from Dubya in the past and everything went without a hitch.

I'd buy from him again too...

Last edited by shortactionsmoker; 06/12/13.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Got the bow from him without a problem and was very happy with it. However, when he said that the soft case will come in a separate package and it was never received and I never heard from him again, that is the problem that I have with the guy. I gave him more than enough time and more than enough communication on my part to make it right. The dude keeps on posting on here while ignoring my PMs. Even gave him a notice that I would post a negative review about him if he did not communicate with me regarding the case, but he kept on posting on the AR forum here and ignoring my request for the case.

Because of this, I would NOT recommend buying anything from this guy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
of course you have his phone number so you can call him and talk, right? And you called before the deal went down?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Yes, we talked on the phone before the deal went down, and we were both on the same page. I have since misplaced his phone number, but I have provided my phone number in our PMs.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
My dealings with dubya have been good. In fact, I just mailed some dies to him.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
And you corresponded via PM, right? So he must have been seeing mine?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chevy_dog
We made a deal in a trade for his bow set-up and I made good on my part, in fact, he already used what I traded him to build the 6.8 spc that he has been discussing in this forum and is having fun with it. Anyway, I got a bow from him and according to the trade deal, he would send the soft case too. After over 2 months, no soft case. He has stopped responding to my PMs as of a month ago. The last one claimed that the PO must have lost it and to wait a couple of days to see if it shows up. If not, he would send me some cash. No cash, no case, and it has been over a month since we last talked. I lived up to my end of the bargain, but he did not, and he seems perfectly fine living with that, as he continues to post on this forum regardless of my PM's.

I have a very lightly used Bowtech Tomkat for sale. I believe it's a 2008 model. It comes with 3 pin sight, drop away rest, newer string, quiver, release, a few new carbon arrows, and a soft case (i can buy a hard case to ship it in for an additional $30). I can't remember exactly what it's set at but i want to say it's between 65#-70# and a 29" draw. That's all adjustable anyway of course. Im asking $300 + shipping costs. I can text or email more pics or Info.

Thank you

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We need to hear from dubya. As of now, it looks like dubya owes chevy_dog a soft case or some cash.

Just my $0.02!

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Thank you

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Travis

+1
You may be right but it's a lot of whining over a small thing.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Yea, you guys are probably right (it is only ~$20), but I feel cheated out of the deal, and don't want it to happen to anyone else. Call it what you want, whining or whatever, but hopefully he will see this or some of his friends on this forum will mention this to him and he will get in touch and make it right.

A man's word is all that he has when it comes down to it.

Use this information however you want when dealing with him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
+1

I guess I don't see it the same way. Cheating someone out of $20 is no better than cheating him out of $200.

With that said, it's hard to pass judgement in deals like this until both sides have had their say.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not takeing a side yet as communication should be the answer to the problem. However i DO agree 2.00 or 2000.00 doesn't matter right is right and wrong is wrong. IF the guy can't be trusted we all should know. Hopefully, for 20.00 or so it all gets worked out.

Guy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm not saying it's OK because it was such a small amount but you would think it could be concluded without a public accusation.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I agree 100% with 8SNAKE and guy57. The amount isn't the issue here. It's the fact that if dubya will screw someone out of $20 it could, and is likely to happen again.

RH Clark is also right but if one of the parties won't respond and it is a fact that he is on the site regularly, what else can you do. Just from what I've read it appears that dubya is intentionally ignoring this issue and hopes that it will go away; however, that is just my perception and I've always been told that PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I gotta agree. $20 here, and then $20. there, it all adds up to a snake in the grass..

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
why is it that everyone come to try to put the blame on the buyer,he posted what the transaction was and stated what was missing.If the seller did not hold up his end of the deal,then he is a rat plain and simple....

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by deflave

Thank you

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Travis

+1

From dinged up bullets and failed Leupolds to missing soft cases, sure seems to be a lot of [bleep] swollen vaginas around here lately......Not saying "dubya" isn't wrong on this deal but I think I'd simply cut my losses and put him on ignore as to never have deal with him again..............as opposed to this!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dkhnt
I agree 100% with 8SNAKE and guy57. The amount isn't the issue here. It's the fact that if dubya will screw someone out of $20 it could, and is likely to happen again.

RH Clark is also right but if one of the parties won't respond and it is a fact that he is on the site regularly, what else can you do. Just from what I've read it appears that dubya is intentionally ignoring this issue and hopes that it will go away; however, that is just my perception and I've always been told that PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I had a nice long post that I accidentally deleted (using my phone) when I lost internet connection so here we go again.....

CD and I made the deal his Aero stripped lower for my Bow tech Tomkat bow with either a hard or soft case, he chose the soft case. I told him I would ship priority mail with tracking and went to get the bow out from the basement and realized I had left the soft case at my cousins the past fall so I let CD know I would be shipping the case at a later date and everything was cool. Now, when I shipped the bow I sent it priority with tracking and normally when you make a trade sight unseen it's kind of an unwritten rule you try to get the items together within a day of each other but CD shipped the cheap route and without tracking. I realize that is not a big deal at all but it bothered me a little bit, especially since I haven't felt with him nor seen any feedback about him so when he had the bow and the lower he shipped wasn't arriving until the following week I was a tad nervous. No problem, it arrived in great shape just as he said it was in. When I had the time to drive an hour north to get the soft case from my cousins it was around 8 days after I shipped the bow IIRC and me being stupid about the deal decided to ship the case as cheaply as I could without tracking. That's the issue, I didn't expect the case to supposedly not show up and wish now that I had shipped priority like everything else I ship. My fault.
Anyway CD PM's me a week or so later and says it hasn't arrived, just looking for an update. I think I started texting him now and explained I shipped parcel post or whatever its called and asked him to give it a few more days. Im not calling CD a liar but it crossed my mind that he got the case and didn't realize it wasn't exactly a case you'd trust to protect a nice Bowtech (it was my dads case 20 something years ago). I have also had a trade here three months ago where i traded a NIB Kimber rifle with VX3 scope for a $1000 AR15 and shipping was messed up where the other member received the Kimber and already sold and shipped it three weeks before I even had a tracking update and yet another week until the AR arrived here, so I thought that may have been a possibility with the case. The case could also be sitting in the USPS lost warehouse in Atlanta (I think its Atlanta?). I have shipped close to 50 times USPS for online gun or gun parts deals and have never had anything lost though.
I'm really not sure what to think about the problem but I assure you CD, I shipped the case when I told you I did, I swear on my infant son. I have done many many deals from $1 roll pins to $2000 rifles with quite a few members here and as "dubya" on THR, Saiga12 forum, FN Forum, 68Forum, and a few local ones. I'm not the type of guy to rip another member off nor would I be stupid enough to make a bad name for myself over a case that you could get at a garage sale for $5! There are a few members that I've done deals with here that ship parts/ammo to me before I even send payment (these are guys I barely know and have never met besides here) and have two members that shipped items to me early this week when I explained I won't be able to send payment until payday this Friday. My point is, there are quite a few guys here that I've done business with and have no problems. I haven't had any issues on any forums until you CD.

Now I'll admit that I noticed a PM from you this past weekend and yesterday I believe when I went to my inbox to deal with another member and didn't open your pm because frankly, I'm a bit annoyed with the situation. I had figured the case arrived and that was that because I've called you and texted you, thought that if I hadn't been delivered you would have contacted me on my cell phone, I use my phone for surfing the forum and if I have more than one PM I don't always notice the older new PM's.

If you honestly haven't seen the soft case I totally understand you being bothered but you stated you sent me a "warning PM"?! Really dude? I gotta admit it's a little pathetic to me you've tried to make a big issue over a 20 year old case that you claim didn't arrive but I'll give up yet another bow case or a little money since you've been completely taken when you got a bow worth $300 for your $100 lower and the soft case somehow disappeared.

So, I have one spare case left. Its a pretty nice hard case with foam padding and arrow holders inside but if you want it you'll have to pick up full shipping costs because it'll probably cost as much as its worth.
Or you can have the $20 I have already told you, over text message well before you started a whine thread about me, if the case was MIA.

So CD, do you want another case or $20?

Last edited by dubya; 06/12/13.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 160user, 54 invisible), 13,219 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,833
Posts18,537,092
Members74,047
Most Online13,949
9 seconds ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.