Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It cracks me up every time I look at it....

[Linked Image]

Dave

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got my first and only at 38, it's a flint-knapped arrowhead with deer tracks running across it. It has the initials of my two sons across the top in script. It's for me, I don't really care what anybody else thinks about it. I do not regret it in any way, shape, or form. As long as I have at least a short sleeve shirt on nobody can see it anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody needs to do stupid things in their youth, that's how you learn the difference between stupidity and wisdom later in life.

No one is made wise by the mistakes of others.

Gonna be a LOT of really wise people in 20 years... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I can't explain all tattoos, I can explain part of that cultural phenomenon with teens, especially the girls. It goes like this:

Teen gets tattoo. Teen then shows it to everyone she knows, which at school is about 200 other teens. For two weeks, they are the center of attention.

"See my new tattoo?"

"Oh, that's SOOO cute!!!!!"

Repeat above scenario 200 times. Teen loves the attention. After the whole world has seen the tattoo, the attention dies down. Teen craves the attention, figures another tattoo will renew his/her place at the center of the social universe.

Meanwhile, other teens seeing their friend become this weeks hot teen local celeb contemplate getting a tattoo so they can become next weeks center of attention.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good analysis of teenage girls' thinking.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My Neice was in a pretty bad accident a few years ago, and her system shut down enough to kill her Pancreas. After her near death hospital stay she was able to get an insulin pump system installed, pretty cool but it does have an external controller that is a daily reminder of that accident.

Several months ago we were at her parents home and there was some commotion as she walked around showing everyone her new Tat, when she got to me I almost touched it as it looked like a Kid's rub on stencil. Luckily she retracted her arm soon enough and I realized, that brilliant blue shield was a Tat, not a rub-on.

I am not thrilled by the sight of Tatoo's, intrigued but I guess I am too old school th appreciate most Tat's I have seen. But, I have seen people drive cars in colors I am not fond of and think less of the owners taste than someone who puts art on their body.

Allen

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I heard a new name for the "tramp stamp" last week... The "Panama City License plate"... Laughed out loud at that one...

Some people are just stupid....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am not a fan of tattoos. I do respect the rights of anyone who wans to get one (or more), so long as they respect my right not to look favorably at them for their decision. When I see a young lady with tattoos on what would otherwise be beautiful skin, I wonder why she made that decision.

The interesting thing about tattoos is that, 25 or so years ago, folks got tattoos to be different. Now they get them because everyone else has them. I've asked a number of people whether they would have gotten their tattoo if no one else around them had one; the answer is usually "Probably not".

I'm wonder what they will all look like in 25 or 30 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 40O
Never had a problem with the guy with a tattoo on his arm, or the girl with a little butterfly somewhere. However, the new fashion is to have large and numerous tattoos to which I have a visceral negative reaction that I don�t understand. It is a blind, mindless reaction that comes from some primeval part of me that says the person is sub-human. I suspect this reaction is similar to the way bigots react to people of color, homophobes react to gays, ets.

You have a visceral reaction because someone with large and numerous tattoos is broadcasting a message. You don't like the message. That message can be any or all of the following:

- I have absolutely no respect for my body

- I hate my parents

- I hate society, probably because I've never fit in anywhere, and now I can fit in with other freaks in the same boat.

- I'm a non conformist, and I hate your world and your society. This is my way of giving all of the establishment the finger.

- I want to advertise that I'm I'm into to sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but not into responsibility. I call it "body art" because I don't want to dwell on reality that this is all self abuse and self mutilation.

- If my emotions start to run to the extreme, after tattoos, I will pierce everything. that will piss you off more and make you uncomfortable around me. I like when people are uncomfortable around me because it gives me a sense of power.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There are a lot of good reasons not to. Like future job interviews. Saying things that you change your mind about.

There are a few good reasons to. I like the idea of tattooing blood type. That isn't going to change. I think doing the wedding ring is awesome ... gold you just take off if things go wrong. Tattooing that sucker on seems like a higher level of commitment.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
These threads are always entertaining..

Once again we agree on something. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a cape buffalo and a leopard on my back. When I whack an ele, lion, and rhino I'll get those on there, too.

Permanent reminders of permanent experiences.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite tat (not me) is the bald headed guy with a face tattooed on the back of his head.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Later today, after my soon approaching Dr. Appointment, I will post photos of my upper and lower arms. Both arms, upper and forarm's, are tattoo'ed with visual and written depictons of what Christ did on the cross and that we must all come to terms with that event. My reason was to make people think about Christ and the cross and the redemption that is availalble to them even if they do not choose to talk to me about it. Many DO ask me about them and I get to share the good news of the Gospel with them. So, I am saying with my ink "There is a redeemer!" and at the same time you don't have to be a oddly dressed, out of touch, soft speaking wussified twit to be a Christian man. Such is also one of the reasons I try to keep my arms well defined and somewhat muscled.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
While I can't explain all tattoos, I can explain part of that cultural phenomenon with teens, especially the girls. It goes like this:

Teen gets tattoo. Teen then shows it to everyone she knows, which at school is about 200 other teens. For two weeks, they are the center of attention.

"See my new tattoo?"

"Oh, that's SOOO cute!!!!!"

Repeat above scenario 200 times. Teen loves the attention. After the whole world has seen the tattoo, the attention dies down. Teen craves the attention, figures another tattoo will renew his/her place at the center of the social universe.

Meanwhile, other teens seeing their friend become this weeks hot teen local celeb contemplate getting a tattoo so they can become next weeks center of attention.

Comes pretty darn close to nailing it!

Tattoos are usually evidence of peer pressure. From the WW2 Navy guys who had an anchor on their forearm, to the NBA players whose tats are illegible. The tat that isn't evidence of peer pressure is rare.

Not that there's necessarily something inherently wrong with that. Symbols bond people, and people need bonded. There's just something profoundly ironic about the ubiquity of tattoos all saying, "Look at me; I'm unique!" -- when even without a tat every person is unique.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 40O
Never had a problem with the guy with a tattoo on his arm, or the girl with a little butterfly somewhere. However, the new fashion is to have large and numerous tattoos to which I have a visceral negative reaction that I don�t understand. It is a blind, mindless reaction that comes from some primeval part of me that says the person is sub-human. I suspect this reaction is similar to the way bigots react to people of color, homophobes react to gays, ets.

You have a visceral reaction because someone with large and numerous tattoos is broadcasting a message. You don't like the message. That message can be any or all of the following:

- I have absolutely no respect for my body

- I hate my parents

- I hate society, probably because I've never fit in anywhere, and now I can fit in with other freaks in the same boat.

- I'm a non conformist, and I hate your world and your society. This is my way of giving all of the establishment the finger.

- I want to advertise that I'm I'm into to sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but not into responsibility. I call it "body art" because I don't want to dwell on reality that this is all self abuse and self mutilation.

- If my emotions start to run to the extreme, after tattoos, I will pierce everything. that will piss you off more and make you uncomfortable around me. I like when people are uncomfortable around me because it gives me a sense of power.

You missed ,I was drunk on my azz ,and got double dog dared!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really don't have a problem with tattoos but stupid decisions are just that. There is a guy in town, mid-20's unemployed and his face is tattooed up like a clown. That's just stupid in my mind and unemployable. But what seem even dumber is the people with all the weird piercings, the giant holes in there ear lobes or the spike coming off there chin. I just don't get it. My goal in life is to leave with no more holes than I was born with.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz

You missed, I was drunk on my azz ,and got double dog dared!!!

Ah, yes! I forgot about the alcohol inspired tattoos. I will see one of my college buddies this weekend that is a victim of such.

Seems after his divorce some years ago, he hit the dating scene. Went out with a wild chick a few times. After dinner and a whole bunch of drinks one night, she says "let's do something wild. I want a tattoo!"

So they go and do it. My buddy has a freaking 7" tarantula on his right thigh. The chick dumped him not long after that "wild night". My buddy now has a permanent reminder of alcohol induced stupidity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like mine. Nobody else has to. Most of you know that when I kill a critter, I have someone put some of the blood in the tigers' mouth to "Feed the tiger". My jump wings say GFY.

[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Back in my military days, way back in time, I considered a tat. After enough liquid courage (about half a wine cooler), I approached the tattoo shop. I wanted to get MOM across my bicep but the tattoo artist looked at my skinny little arms and said' "you might get MO there". grin By then the effects of my over indulgence in alcohol had worn off and wisdom prevailed. I remain tatless to this day.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 24 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.