Campfire Ranger
P!ss me off!

[sorry needed to vent]

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who died?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nobody, yet...

Carpe' Scrotum
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
And?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At my mothers wake, my cousin came up to me and asked if I would sell her my Moms house. Then, at the cemetary, she asked for some things of my Moms for her and my Aunt. Timing is everything

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's why you need a will where it is stated clearly any one contesting your last will and testament it totally cut out.

NRA Lifetime Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And your cousins timing sucks...as does her courtesy.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Minor thing. My kid a couple of weeks ago called to tell me that his car crapped out and was asking for a small loan to get something else.

I mentioned it to my wife. We'd been thinking of getting her a new car for several months. She suggested we pull the trigger on the new car (see my other thread from last night) and give him her old car (2005 Forester).

Good deal. It's reliable, gets good mileage, well maintained. He's trying to get on he feet after being unemployed for a while. He would have gotten another beater and I'd rather he have something reliable so he can get back and forth to work. He's agreed to pay Lisa a nominal amount for the car.

He picked it up yesterday and was very grateful. He posted on his FB page how happy he was.

Well my wife's nephew apparently thought that he was going to get the car. My wife mentioned that we were thinking of get a new car several (like before Christmas) months ago and he expressed interest. It's her car and I wasn't aware of this. But I probably would have counseled her against giving it to him. Sell for a really low price, maybe. Not give it to him

So after seeing my kids post, the nephew took a mild [bleep] on my kids page. Also about how disappointing he was and how he was counting on it. Now I don't think Lisa and he have talked since a couple of months or so ago when she said she wasn't going to be getting a car for a while (before the recent events with the our kid).

Now, my wife should have told the nephew what was happening. But it all happened pretty quick and she didn't. And it's not like the nephew doesn't have a car (I think he might have two). He's got himself in financial problems and she's pretty sure he'd just sell it or one of the others.

Anyway, rather than just calling us and asking us what's up it's become a mild bitch fest.

Anyway, it got my nose out of joint.

I just needed to 'anonymously' vent.

Carpe' Scrotum
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Entitlement is rampant. Buncha BS there. Sorry for the difficulties but kudos to you helpin your son!

Happy Father's Day!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Minor thing. My kid a couple of weeks ago called to tell me that his car crapped out and was asking for a small loan to get something else.

I mentioned it to my wife. We'd been thinking of getting her a new car for several months. She suggested we pull the trigger on the new car (see my other thread from last night) and give him her old car (2005 Forester).

Good deal. It's reliable, gets good mileage, well maintained. He's trying to get on he feet after being unemployed for a while. He would have gotten another beater and I'd rather he have something reliable so he can get back and forth to work. He's agreed to pay Lisa a nominal amount for the car.

He picked it up yesterday and was very grateful. He posted on his FB page how happy he was.

Well my wife's nephew apparently thought that he was going to get the car. My wife mentioned that we were thinking of get a new car several (like before Christmas) months ago and he expressed interest. It's her car and I wasn't aware of this. But I probably would have counseled her against giving it to him. Sell for a really low price, maybe. Not give it to him

So after seeing my kids post, the nephew took a mild [bleep] on my kids page. Also about how disappointing he was and how he was counting on it. Now I don't think Lisa and he have talked since a couple of months or so ago when she said she wasn't going to be getting a car for a while (before the recent events with the our kid).

Now, my wife should have told the nephew what was happening. But it all happened pretty quick and she didn't. And it's not like the nephew doesn't have a car (I think he might have two). He's got himself in financial problems and she's pretty sure he'd just sell it or one of the others.

Anyway, rather than just calling us and asking us what's up it's become a mild bitch fest.

Anyway, it got my nose out of joint.

I just needed to 'anonymously' vent.

Its always nice to find out what your relatives are really like. Don't look back and write him off.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Better timing maybe, but don't see a problem with either case otherwise. Selling the house to a cousin and keeping it in the family could be a win/win all the way around for you.

As to the car, why your child by all rights should take priority over a nephew.... proper thing to do would have been to explain it to th nephew first since he'd already been negotiating with your wife.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
That's why you need a will where it is stated clearly any one contesting your last will and testament it totally cut out.

BINGO!!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
In my family when someone passes away the guns they own "disappear" and nobody knows anything.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there is an old saying: where there is a will, there is a relative

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
P!ss me off!

[sorry needed to vent]

Phug 'em. ( easy for me to say ), yeah, dealing with relatives and estates sucks. Sorry.

Want in one hand...........................

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been through it twice with my brother, at our ages we end up saying "I don't want it, you take it" because we're old enough that we really don't have any more room for "stuff". We did split our Fathers small gun collection according to his wishes before he passed away, it was an equitable and mutually agreeable division.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems sometimes the vultures are circling before the body even gets cold. A will is a must. I have seen familys split forever over dividing up stuff that would not bring 200 bucks at a yard sale.

Whatever price you have to pay to find out what REALLY lurks in the hearts of friends and relatives, it is worth the money.

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ive got 2 brothers like that, my dad bought a place in WV, was nice enough to split it and give myself and my brothers each a 1/4, through out 10 years those 2 treated it like a vacation property, never cut wood, or the grass, or do any of the maintenance a place 2 miles from anywhere needs, would just show up, hunt and leave. My Dad tells me and everyone else he is leaving his share to me, sadly he passed away in 2005, I inherited his 1/4 along with the mineral rights, now those 2 are all butt hurt because their not seeing the pay day Iam from leasing the gas rights, to bad, I could care less, if they had gotten off their lazy asses and not showed up at 8pm the day before deer season and turkey season, not to mention not going down in the summer to make sure the place was ready to hunt out of Dad would have included them in the will, F them. They made their bed, now they can lay in it!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
When my dad's step father passed away the youngest son who
never came around unless he needed money showed up and started
loading things into his car from the house. My grandmother
stopped him and told him to put everything back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

BINGO!!

Mike

That one little clause saved our bacon when the mother in-law checked out. One of the sisters was going to go for it until my wife pointed out that simple clause to her again. We had real peace in the family real quickly.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (257 roberts, 257Bob, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 257robertsimp, 67 invisible), 4,335 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,583
Posts18,532,286
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.