Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wonderful news Ringman. May you continued to be blessed each day.

Thank you. I hope the same for all our .com friends.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Soon after Carol Anne died, the son of a Sister Christian was getting married. I gave 'em the houseful of our furniture, except for only one item � the recliner that our daughter had won for me, that Carol Anne had died in. (I live in it still.)

Never heard a mumblin' word from the son, but his mother went all around babbling about how generously God had provided, how He'd answered her prayers, etc. Never a word to me or about my part in that glorious answer to prayer!

(Gee, I'd thought that I'd had a hand in it, too!)

The marriage soon evaporated. I have no clue where any of the furniture went.

Was your act of kindness and generosity done for self-aggrandizement and credit in this world, or for His glory? Anonymous gifts in this world are like His blessings, they come from a silent Father out of the blue, without a card naming their source or begging for accolades. Yet we know where the source lies, and are humbly thankful in prayer. A gift of furniture in this world will result in an even grander place in heaven, be grateful that you received no acknowledgement, your reward is pending elsewhere.

Somehow, I know that Carol Anne and all those you held dear, will again be together in joy and love, and that recliner will be there too if you so desire. God sometimes shows us our home to come, and explains that we may furnish it anyway we desire. That vision is marked by a procession of those loved ones that preceded us, each explaining that they await our arrival. The greatest gift is for our skeptical heart to learn how much we are loved by a universe that saw fit to create us in the first place. Imagine, an infinite God saw the need to give us substance and life.

My God, how little I knew of my importance to you! Praise be unto you for allowing me to see through your eyes.

Kem will have his recliner if he desires.
I'm lookimg forward to getting my past dogs back.

Yes, dogs and horses, and even one or two cats. I have very fond memories of my first dog, given as a gift at age five. She woke us up during the dark of night when an arsonist set our car ablaze under my second story bedroom. When I was bitten by a rat hidden in a lumber stack and had to be medically attended to, that dog went back to that lumber every day until she found the rat and killed it. She presented it to me as a canine gift by laying the dead torn carcass at my feet.

Next, there was the dog that taught me to play catch, and had a store of possessions stuffed between the cushion and arm of an old recliner in the patio. Woe be to her sister if she came too close to the toy stash. The old feisty tomcat steered a course well away from that chair.

Then there were spooky smart horses that displayed behaviors of intelligence and gratitude far beyond anything that behaviorists attribute to them.

Animals are good and loyal friends, well worth meeting again.

Amen to that.My best friends have had four legs.They were born that way ,they did not grow on later in life.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Some of you are rude.

I was healed in 2007 by Jesus. Took myself off the transplant list and was told I'd be dead in a year. I remain without symptoms, alive, and well.

I now teach small classes on the many healing scripture. I have seen many healings. Legs grown out instantly to match the other. Backs straightened. Pain stopped. Demons cast out of people. It's all real.

Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever. Only believe.

How about amputees? I would like to see one case where a person who had to have a arm or leg amputated had one replaced by God.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I do recall one of my wife's aunts excitedly declaring that the lord had provided them with this new[to them] Cadilac, in which her BIL immediately replied "you'd thought tha lord woulda put a decent set of tires on it for ya"

FJB & FJT
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Raeford,

Now that right there is funny. laugh The Lord provided me with a winning lotery ticket the other day. Now I am one of those fat cats. I don't remember what I bought, but I didn't spend the whole $40.80 in one place.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was told about a month ago that I would have to go on dialysis soon, because of the rate my kidney function was failing.

My family and some of my neighbors prayed for me, and I also prayed for me.

Last week, my doctor's nurse called me and said my latest results were back for my kidney function.

The nurse told me that my kidney's have improved enough that I would not have to go on dialysis anytime soon.

Yes, I believe the Lord lives, and I will continue to ask for his blessings.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 1234567
I was told about a month ago that I would have to go on dialysis soon, because of the rate my kidney function was failing.

Last week, my doctor's nurse called me and said my latest results were back for my kidney function.

The nurse told me that my kidney's have improved enough that I would not have to go on dialysis anytime soon.

That's wonderful news! Praise the Lord! I'm very happy for you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Praise the Lord!"

Yes, thank you. Praising the Lord was my first thought, also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone ever have removed kidneys regrown after a healing?

Curious.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Quantify "anytime soon"

You could've been dehyrdated at the vascular level when the first test was performed. The following test could've been skewed, results keyed in from another patient's data, a different testing algorithm might have been used for the GFR calculation, etc

If you were that close to the cusp of dialysis consideration, being on the "good" even so, is not too far off.

Maybe the results were really ditched and truly you have say 6 more months. Better take the "Grace" of time and make sure your house is in order.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well what do you know!

My prayers might just have been answered.

To my kidneys!

A beer a day could reduce your risk of kidney stones

Carpe' Scrotum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Steve
Well what do you know!

My prayers might just have been answered.

To my kidneys!

A beer a day could reduce your risk of kidney stones

Think of what a case a day could do for you!!!! laugh

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Every time in the new testament when Jesus healed somebody, the healing was fast and complete right then. Nobody got a little bit better as in being healed a little at a time. You are either completely healed or you are not.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

You are not correct. On one occasion, Jesus had to try twice to the healing completed. Read Mark 8:22.

It has been my experience that often (most times actually) a person is healed according to there faith. If that faith weak or wavering then healing is not always everything they might have desired. Can still get it, though.

Every time in the new testament when Jesus healed somebody, the healing was fast and complete right then. Nobody got a little bit better as in being healed a little at a time. You are either completely healed or you are not.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There is a difference in the Maker and the man. Consider the following.

"The doctor told me not to make any plans for next year, 'cause I won�t be here," Todd mentioned with emotion taking control of his voice. "The doctor took a tumor the size of a grapefruit out of my chest the other day and also told me I have bone cancer. Can I come visit you?" Hew wqas thirty-one years old at the time.
"You know you're welcome in my home any time. When can you come?" I asked.
"Next weekend I could fly into the Medford airport," he explained.

During that week, I called Pam, to learn a little about bone cancer. She worked in the hospital at that time. Pam told me she had never heard of a patient recovering from bone cancer andnormally they don't survice more than a year.

When I picked Todd up, his deteriorated physical condition surprised me. Normally he was in great shape. Just a few months before, he was a desert motorcycle racer, and would occasionally take first place. Second or third was not uncommon for him. These races are up to one hundred and ten miles long. This is a sport that demands more conditioning than any other, with the exception of perhaps soccer. Even that may be questionable. This athlete was reduced to a wheezing labored breather, if he merely tried to hurry across a room.

We socialized all day Saturday. He told me how God had provided him with his wife through His divine intervention. He talked of his kids and of his mom and dad. He told us about his motorcycles. There wasn't much to say about his disease.

The next morning I got up and showered and put on the best suit from the closet: A nearly new three piece. Before coming out of the bedroom, I bowed before the Most High God and confessed I was a sinner and needed forgiveness. I asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit to perform God's work. When Todd saw what I was wearing, he asked,
"Where are we going?"
"We are going before the Most High God," I informed, and told him the story of Esther. She put on her best clothes and went before the king without being summoned. If he did not extend the golden scepter to her, she was killed. I explained the king received his authority and power from God. We should know our place, and yet also know we can come boldly before the Throne of Grace. But we should remember the Word instructs us to:
"Let your words be few, for you are men." Todd was anointed with oil in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I prayed for him to be healed.

We were barely late getting Todd back to the air port. His flight was already boarding. He wheezed as he hurried across the boarding area.

A few weeks later Todd called to let me know what was going on,
"The Lord healed me when I was on the plane. I felt it would be insulting to God if I took any more Chemo therapy or anything else the doctor wanted me to when I got home. I knew the Lord had healed me. What's more, when the Lord healed me, He also restored my athletic conditioning and abilities. I came in first in my division in the last 110 mile desert race."

Todd is now fifty-three years old.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Some of you are rude.

I was healed in 2007 by Jesus. Took myself off the transplant list and was told I'd be dead in a year. I remain without symptoms, alive, and well.

I now teach small classes on the many healing scripture. I have seen many healings. Legs grown out instantly to match the other. Backs straightened. Pain stopped. Demons cast out of people. It's all real.

Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever. Only believe.

How about amputees? I would like to see one case where a person who had to have a arm or leg amputated had one replaced by God.

Sorry, but I do not personally know of such a case. But THAT would be so cool to see! If God can create life from nothing, he can surely create an arm/leg onto an already existing body. No problem what so ever. For reference, there is Jer 30:17: "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord." Wounds are not "illness" or disease. Wounds could be from accidents, battle, etc. I would consider amputation a wound that perhaps started in disease like diabetes.

The only story I ever heard of an amputee healing was of a guy who had lost a foot. He EXPECTED to get healed, so before the healing he went down and bought a pair of shoes. Otherwise he would have only had the one shoe for the foot he had and would have to walk home barefoot on one foot. Can't have that! Story is he was healed and got his foot. HE BELIEVED, acted on it, and was rewarded for the faith he exhibited. Now, I cannot swear to that story because I did not see it. But, I don't doubt it either.

Only believe. All things are possible to him that believes.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 06/17/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gun Geezer, I am correct. Notice that Jesus led him out of town. Do you wonder why? And this man had not came to Jesus of his own accord but was brought there by others. His faith was very small until Jesus did what he did before he ask the man if he could see. He could see a little bit so by that his faith became much stronger so Jesus restored his vision after the man showed his strengthened faith. You said Jesus HAD to make two attempts before He got it right. You are wrong. The man was healed immediately, not a day by day process. Jesus did it this way because He chose to therefore using this man as an example. This from Matthew Henry commentary.

Here is a blind man brought to Christ by his friends. Therein appeared the faith of those that brought him. If those who are spiritually blind, do not pray for themselves, yet their friends and relations should pray for them, that Christ would be pleased to touch them. The cure was wrought gradually, which was not usual in our Lord's miracles. Christ showed in what method those commonly are healed by his grace, who by nature are spiritually blind. At first, their knowledge is confused; but, like the light of the morning, it shines more and more to the perfect day, and then they see all things clearly. Slighting Christ's favours is forfeiting them; and he will make those who do so know the worth of privileges by the want of them.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Geez!
So "Gawd" allows these people to be born with short legs, children with major birth defects, and then he comes around to "unfucc" everything that he could have "unfucced" in the first place. Right?

Course these poor,hurting people must believe and accept, "jest rite," or the miracle of abolishing the first "[bleep]-up" ain't going to happen.

Is that pretty much the deal? LAWD help us!

BTW: How many of you fellers are affiliated with the Assembly's of God or Penecostal Church?

Last edited by michauxii; 06/17/13.

Everyone lives"Downstream!"

Plant Oak Trees! Catch tarpon...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by michauxii
Geez!
So "Gawd" allows these people to be born with short legs, children with major birth defects, and then he comes around to "unfucc" everything that he could have "unfucced" in the first place. Right?

Course these poor,hurting people must believe and accept, "jest rite," or the miracle of abolishing the first "[bleep]-up" ain't going to happen.

BTW: How many of you fellers are affiliated with the Assembly's of God or Penecostal Church?

Satan comes to kill and destroy. The Lord comes that we might have life and have it to the full. The truth is before you. You just don't understand it.

I'm a Baptist leaning toward Cowboy Church.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
michauxii,

Geez!

You and I are almost on the same page here; except for the "jest rite," and God allowing. God does not allow anything, God does it. And the healing happens when and for the maximazation of His Glory.

It may surprise you, but I have no church affiliation.

Everyday Hunter
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,171
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.