Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
article here

Apparently a lot of the news we've gotten about the decision isn't correct. Apparently, we won big.

The decision says that if a state is using the EAC voter registration form, they cannot require positive ID or proof of citizenship. That sounds bad.

But apparently there is no requirement that Arizona use the EAC form. They can hand out state generated forms, and use state generated forms online, and just let those federal forms "gather dust". As I'm reading it, the decision specifically permits this.

The Left wanted all state imposed citizenship verification shut down. They didn't get it, and with this decision, likely never will. The decision actually puts more power in the hands of the states.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Makes sense since Scalia was for it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Glad to hear this.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by denton
article here

Apparently a lot of the news we've gotten about the decision isn't correct. Apparently, we won big.

The decision says that if a state is using the EAC voter registration form, they cannot require positive ID or proof of citizenship. That sounds bad.

But apparently there is no requirement that Arizona use the EAC form. They can hand out state generated forms, and use state generated forms online, and just let those federal forms "gather dust". As I'm reading it, the decision specifically permits this.

The Left wanted all state imposed citizenship verification shut down. They didn't get it, and with this decision, likely never will. The decision actually puts more power in the hands of the states.
That might be very good - but now let's see if they actually DO it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, Let's see what Arizona's next move is. I hope they get tough.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Saw the AZ AG on news yesterday and he basically reiterated what the article said and that they would ultimately be victorious in securing voter ID.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by denton
article here

That is great. States Rights was a huge issue years ago today it seems many have forgotten the value of States Rights

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another short write up here.

Here

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup... "federal law clearly empowers the states to take additional action to assess a potential voter�s eligibility." A.S.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
normal Americans should be outraged at the democrats attempts to make it easier for illegals to vote.....there is simply no other excuse for opposing a voter ID requirement

this is what the GOP ought to be beating them with, not joining in the amnesty fiasco

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
normal Americans should be outraged at the democrats attempts to make it easier for illegals to vote.....there is simply no other excuse for opposing a voter ID requirement

this is what the GOP ought to be beating them with, not joining in the amnesty fiasco

Spot on�� What the hell is wrong with people today? Foreigners should never ever vote but they do and libs are all for it. Sounds like treason to me

Too many commies and muzzies in this administration

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve, I breezed through the decision and it seemed that the prevailing attitude of the Justices was "Why is this a problem? It is ILLEGAL for them to be here!"

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You just cannot trust the media. Thanks for the good news.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks denton for once again clarifying the SC's decisions. I for one, really appreciate you work.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Steve, I breezed through the decision and it seemed that the prevailing attitude of the Justices was "Why is this a problem? It is ILLEGAL for them to be here!"

This is too much

really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Found on the Conservatives4Palin site:
Arizona Voting Case: Hey! We Won!
Posted on June 18 2013 - 11:15 AM - Posted by: James V DeLong
The headlines on the Arizona requirement that proof of citizenship be provided for voting registration billed it as a victory for the �if you breathe, you vote� side.
Not so, says PJMedia�s shrewd legal analyst, J. Christian Adams. He explains: �The court ruled that Arizona could not require proof of citizenship when voters registered to vote using the federal form promulgated by the Election Assistance Commission [but] Arizona is still free to use the state form and require proof of citizenship. They can hand out state forms and keep the federal forms in a dusty box in the back.�

(Adams is a former Department of Justice lawyer who regularly uses his platform at PJMedia to blow the whistle on DOJ political correctness and mendacity. See his book Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department.)

After thinking it over, Adams found even more good things in the decision. Left Loses Big in Citizenship-Verification Supreme Court Case. And in answering comments he drives home the point:
The only point that matters in relation to the federal form are the procedures that Scalia greenlighted today even if someone submits the federal form. You simply must understand the history of this fight to understand how significant this is.
In the past, the left has argued that once the federal form is completed and submitted, there is nothing a election official can do. As a result, election officials all over the nation have been beaten into submission by the lefty groups regarding the federal forms.
They do no checking whatsoever because the left has argued such checks would be preempted by federal law.

Scalia today rejected that squarely and greenlighted extra checks.
This means that Secretary of State Kobach in Kansas, for example, can continue to use federal noncitizen databases to check those federal form applicants.
That means other double checks, like jury excusals can be used to block an improper federal form applicant. T

his is devastating to the ACORN style voter drives because the federal form was (before the opinion) seen as a no questions asked way to fill up the rolls with registrants, sometimes invalid ones.
There are other great things in the opinion which I didn�t even address in the article because the EAC is a zombie agency right now.

But conservatives up in arms about this opinion are displaying an unfortunate lack of understanding of the wider field of battle and focused on the enemy breakthrough in the Arizona sector

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Yup, Let's see what Arizona's next move is. I hope they get tough.

Take a look at the incredibly screwed up and gerrymandered "Redistricting" that put Raul Grijalva in Office. It DEFINES Arizona's problem with population densities.......

Re: "Getting Tough",......Az. SCR 1016 looks to fulfill that mission, I'd venture.

Posted THIS on another thread yesterday,.......like HR 1070, this is legislation that ventures off the reservation, and into new unexplored territory.

I'm GLAD that Kobach is coaching and steering in the backround

From AZCDL:

The 2013 legislative session officially ended on June 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

To view a summary of legislation that AzCDL monitored this session, along with each bill�s current status, visit our Bill Tracking page.

The following are firearms related bills that were signed by the Governor this session. The effective date of these legislative changes is September 13, ninety days after Sine Die.

HB 2326, which prohibits maintaining information on a person who possesses, purchases, transfers or sells a firearm, except in the course of a law enforcement investigation, was signed by the Governor on April 29.

HB 2455, the AzCDL-requested bill that clarifies that firearms voluntarily surrendered to a state or local entity cannot be destroyed and must be sold, was also signed by the Governor on April 29.

Another bill of interest that passed this session is SCR 1016, a resolution creating a 2014 ballot measure to amend the Arizona Constitution to allow the state to reject federal actions that violate the U.S. Constitution.

Stay tuned! AzCDL is already working on proposed legislation for next year.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
--------

Ted Cruz didn�t wait long to mount a legislative response to the Supreme Court�s ruling against Arizona�s voter registration rule.

An amendment submitted by the Texas senator on Monday afternoon to the Senate�s immigration bill would �permit states to require proof of citizenship for registration to vote in elections for federal office.� Cruz�s measure would amend the National Voter Registration Act.

�Today #SCOTUS ruled federal �Motor Voter� law preempts AZ proof-of-citizenship requirement for voter registration,� Cruz said on Twitter. �I�ll file amendment to immigration bill that permits states to require ID before registering voters & close this hole in fed statutory law.�

Cruz worked quickly: About two hours later, his amendment had already been filed � it�s one of several dozen that lawmakers are trying to get attached to the immigration overhaul as Senate leaders negotiate which ones get time on the Senate floor. It is Cruz�s first amendment to the immigration bill and the proposal didn�t initially garner any co-sponsors.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Arizona requires that all persons living in the State must obtain an Arizona drivers license if they intend to drive. In other words, if you move from Texas to Arizona you better register with Arizona within 6 months before you fire up your El Lobo truck here. I wonder if the Feds can over rule that law to meet the demands of illegal aliens here? If an illegal drives a vehicle in Arizona, is he/she subject to registration within the 6-month time frame? Watch, that is the next issue, Arizona drivers licenses on demand by illegals. Oh wait, they already got that!

Last edited by CoupdeGrace; 06/18/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya got 30 days here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

428 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.