Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
British Columbia without a doubt.

One of their slogans is "Supernatural", and it's no exaggeration.

Regards,
Ben
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Tryin my best,
Have taken 9 off the list so far and I had forgotten about Bison.
cheers

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tangozulu
Tryin my best,
Have taken 9 off the list so far and I had forgotten about Bison.
cheers

I've been trying for a bison draw for many a year!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's not forget to list the large number of species of fish that you can catch here - many of which are available in no other province.

But back to the OP's question, even though there are many, many beautiful places all over Canada, there simply is no comparison - BC is by far the most beautiful province. Travelling here should be on everyone's bucket list, and if you do, plan to spend a lot of time, as the variety of places, climate, vegetation, and geological types is astounding. You get everything: desert, rainforest, arctic tundra, ocean coast, high alpine, and more.

That being said, the US is no slouch in providing folks with beautiful scenery. Any of the Rocky Mountain states offer tremendous beauty, as do the Pacific NW states. In the east, there are places in New England that will charm the hell out of you, and in the southeast as well. Even in heavily populated California, there is a huge variety of beautiful places. And let's not forget about Hawaii for sheer beauty, either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hoping this would take off on the megafox tangent.

1Minute
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
BC has a lot going for it, I can see. No one has said anything about the fruits, and nuts, and I'm talking the tree type, not people.

I am surprised we have not heard from the prairie province bolsters, or the Maritime's.or Alberta.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I count myself blessed to be born in Canada,and only wish I could see more of it.Thankfully after 10 days of brain radiation in Kelowna I CAN see a little more of it,my vision is better today and I can type for myself.I'm pretty weak and they won't allow me back on chemo yet because of platelet counts,but I fully intend to hunt antelope with EH76 inn Wyoming this fall.Good to talk to you guys,I wish you all long happy Healyhy lives.Cheers,Murray McLennan(Monashee)

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wishing fast healing to you Murray. We are lucky ducks to be living in the time we are. Myself, and a lot of other folks would be dead at our ages save medical advances made not that long ago.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
BC has a lot going for it, I can see. No one has said anything about the fruits, and nuts, and I'm talking the tree type, not people.

I did say:
"The Okanagan has already been mentioned - and to that I can add excellent wineries and orchards provide a cornucopia of delights from late spring until fall."

One of my favourite things to do, well was when I hunted the area, was to stop in at the various fruit stands in the Okanagan during September hunts and take advantage of the amazingly varied offerings of squash. The colours were simply incredible. Of course there were apples, pears, peppers and the like too!

Monashee - all the best to you on your road to recovery.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will agree that B.C is a beautiful place, but Alberta has one thing that no other province has- it is where the plains, foothills, rocky mountains, and boreal forest all meet together. This gives it an enormous diversity of game, plants, terrain, and opportunity.

It also has a lot of oil grin

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
WHAT???????

Here in BC, we certainly DO have the ecotones where the bio-geo regions which you mention meet. We have the "Taiga" in northern BC which meets the ...prairies... in the northeaster section of the province and these evolved into foothills of the Rockies.

As to petro-resources, we actually do not know exactly what lies beneath northern BC, however, there are indications that it may be an enormous amount. I wish that there were NO petro or mineral wealth there so as to keep it all wilderness for hunting, angling and other such activities...and free of the hordes of immigrants of the type I don't want in Canada-BC as well.

There are "two sides to every story" and the resource wealth of Canada, is not entirely an un-mixed blessing.

That said, even with the occasional "spat" with the government of the great republic to our south, we are blessed in almost all aspects of our daily individual and national lives in Canada.

We NEED to remember this and fulfill our awesome responsibility to BE THE nation that leads the world in environmental responsibility and protection of our cultural traditions from the devastation that corporate-controlled governments bring wherever their vile activities exist.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still think you Canucks have been blessed by God and Mother Nature, regardless of almost where ever you are in Canada..

Canada has always been my # 1 tourist destination... and as extensively as I have traveled to all parts of your beautiful nation, I still haven't seen enough of it.. or maybe I should say seen it often enough....

from little PEI, to crossing the country on the Yellowhead Hwy.. to the Cassier Hwy heading north to the Yukon.... the only thing I have ever disliked in Canada, is the number of 3rd world immigrants you have let in to muck it up....

of course I have the same complaint about our side of the border also... so its a mute point... whistle

as the mythical character Buckwheat would say.. " you'se Canucks be OOOOO...Tay!".. eh?

E
E
I've lived in 4 provinces and visted them all including the territories. Every one of them has it's attributes. Leaving people totally out of the equation, I believe that Alberta is the most diverse. Having the prairie, the boreal, the mountains and the badlands. No other province has such stark contrast within it's boundaries. In one day you can leave the prairie with it's endless fields of canola, watch your dog run away for three days, drive through the desert badlands complete with tumble-weed blowing across the highway and prickly-pear cactus underfoot, have a staring contest with antelope, approach the foothills and climb the mountains, having to slow down for bighorn sheep and mountain goats, north to the boreal and being observant for moose in the ditches. I live in AB now but ON is where I grew up and I sure miss the colour of the trees in the fall, it is simply jaw dropping beautiful.....and the lakes and water!!!!

Somebody mentioned hunting and fishing opportunities. BC has that one for sure with the most abundance and variety of wildlife. AB would be second in that regard (for hunting). Yes, we are blessed.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Well said!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=ehntr]I've lived in 4 provinces and visted them all including the territories. Every one of them has it's attributes. Leaving people totally out of the equation, I believe that Alberta is the most diverse. Having the prairie, the boreal, the mountains and the badlands. No other province has such stark contrast within it's boundaries. In one day you can leave the prairie with it's endless fields of canola, watch your dog run away for three days, drive through the desert badlands complete with tumble-weed blowing across the highway and prickly-pear cactus underfoot, have a staring contest with antelope, approach the foothills and climb the mountains, having to slow down for bighorn sheep and mountain goats, north to the boreal and being observant for moose in the ditches. I live in AB now but ON is where I grew up and I sure miss the colour of the trees in the fall, it is simply jaw dropping beautiful.....and the lakes and water!!!!

Somebody mentioned hunting and fishing opportunities. BC has that one for sure with the most abundance and variety of wildlife. AB would be second in that regard (for hunting). Yes, we are blessed.

+1
Alberta is a very special place and my birthplace. Growing up in the mountains of Bragg Creek back when the dogs laid on the street all day long and the phones were all party lines, I had the greatest of childhoods. No doubt today the dog would be flattened but my memories are priceless.
Hunting trips up the Elbow before the Park arrived are some of my fondest memories.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
MY great grandparents were from P E I. Been to Nova Scotia And New Brunswick, someday I'd like to see the Island.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't now where else in Canada you can go from the rain forest and wettest place in Canada:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ausmc_photo/8686165501/

to the desert and the driest place in Canada:

http://www.thestar.com/life/travel/2009/06/24/osoyoos_canadas_lone_desert.html

in one day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have to add that BC has the best looking women also...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pics, or it's not true. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
I have to add that BC has the best looking women also...

Guess you have never been to Nova Scotia or Lethbridge AB...

or if you were, you weren't paying attention, eh?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,429
Posts18,507,520
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.