Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 115 116
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Check out this site for great info and commentary on the case.

Zimmerman Trial Day 2 � Analysis of State�s Witnesses

Today can only be characterized as an utter debacle for the prosecution in Florida v. Zimmerman. Besides the testimony of a couple of highly professional law enforcement witnesses, the testimony of the the other State witnesses ranged from signing George Zimmerman�s praises, to acknowledging the utility of following a suspicious person from a distance, to being utterly discredited by razor sharp cross-examination of the defense.

[Linked Image from ]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've been watching a good bit of the trial. I'm just hoping the jury can decide on the facts, not the emotion or the medias account of the story. This should have never even been to trial.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by garyh9900
I've been watching a good bit of the trial. I'm just hoping the jury can decide on the facts, not the emotion or the medias account of the story. This should have never even been to trial.

true

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Andrew Branca | June 26, 2013 at 1:26 am

I don�t claim to be �unbiased�. I am very much biased against those who would do harm to innocents. I spent the bulk of my firearms instruction years teaching, for free, women how to protect themselves against violent ex-partners. Are the women I trained and the men I trained them to defend against morally equivalent?

Of course not.

I DO however, claim to be fair. I go where the evidence leads me. In this case, the overwhelming majority�really, ALL�the evidence points to Zimmerman being a good neighbor exercising his Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, who was attacked by a foolish and brutally violent young man who thought he could use deadly force against an innocent with impunity, and whose attack was relentless an unceasing until a desperately-fired 115g 9mm tore open his heart.

If the State has actual evidence to the contrary, they�ve kept it well hidden through more than a year of mandatory mutual discovery.

In any case, I don�t see the the two people in that above described encounter as being any more morally equivalent than I would a rapist and his victim.

So, yes, in that sense I am biased, indeed.

�Andrew

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'd like to watch it, too. What station is carrying it? Or are you watching via the internet? Either way, please fill us in on how to watch it.

PS I just found a way to watch it. Here it is: Link

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Andrew Branca | June 26, 2013 at 2:30 am

You are mistaken.

If I launch a non-deadly force attack against you (e.g., simple battery), and you respond with non-deadly force, I cannot justify my use of non-deadly force as self-defense, because I was the aggressor (unless i retreat, communicate intention to retreat, etc.).

If I launch a deadly force attack against you, and you respond with deadly force, I cannot justify my use of deadly force as self defense, because I was the aggressor.

But if I launch a non-deadly attack, and you respond with DEADLY force, I am entirely entitled to use deadly force in self-defense. I may later be held accountable for my initial use of non-deadly force (e.g., prosecuted for simple battery), but I do not lose my right to save my life from your gun shot simply because I chest-bumped you.

�Andrew

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
NBC news has a link to the feed on their front homepage, i've not found it on any TV channel yet. I was hoping to watch it on the tube, but apparently CourtTV doesn't exist anymore...

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CNN's Headline News has wall to wall coverage.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he is found not guilty, do you think we will see the riots like we did after the LA case in '92?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
If he is found not guilty, do you think we will see the riots like we did after the LA case in '92?
I hope he is found not guilty, and that the true racist start rioting...

NRA Benefactor Member
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Either way it's bad for Floridians, because if he's convicted, it means it's open season on non-blacks, and non-blacks will have essentially lost the right to defend their lives against black attackers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How far from this are you TRH?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
About 150 miles.

PS When I lived on Long Island I personally attended the trial of Colin Ferguson, the Long Island Railroad mass murderer who insisted on handling his own defense. That was nuts to watch live. The mass murderer was up there cross examining the witnesses who saw him murder folks. He would ask them, for example, "Can you identify the person who committed the murders?" and they'd point to him and say, "Yeah, you."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I hope he is found innocent but I doubt that will happen-hope I'm wrong with my feelings about it.

I just believe that this damned adminisration and the current feeling in this country is going to make George Zimmerman an 'example' jsut to keep the spearchuckers quiet and pacified!
The white population owes NOTHING to the black population at this time in history if they ever did! The last slave owner died many decades ago and the last plantation basically went out of the slave business in 1865! They have had every law passed that they ever wanted and it has done them NO GOOD overall because the basic characteristic of this bunch is to "let the gub'mint do it fo' me"!

Until the American black gets rid of the hypenated racial designation and drops the "African" they'll never move ahead to achieve their full potential. I doubt if 2% of the blacks in this country could find Africa on a map or globe let alone have ever been there! It is time to assimilate and become "Americans" or the Mexicans are going to totally over-run the blacks too! And they think they have it bad NOW?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Check out this site for great info and commentary on the case.

Zimmerman Trial Day 2 � Analysis of State�s Witnesses

Today can only be characterized as an utter debacle for the prosecution in Florida v. Zimmerman. Besides the testimony of a couple of highly professional law enforcement witnesses, the testimony of the the other State witnesses ranged from signing George Zimmerman�s praises, to acknowledging the utility of following a suspicious person from a distance, to being utterly discredited by razor sharp cross-examination of the defense.

all of which makes the trial all the more shameful

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
btw

The ladies of the jury should be shown the video of the home invasion in NJ.

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
About 150 miles.

PS When I lived on Long Island I personally attended the trial of Colin Ferguson, the Long Island Railroad mass murderer who insisted on handling his own defense. That was nuts to watch live. The mass murderer was up there cross examining the witnesses who saw him murder folks. He would ask them, for example, "Can you identify the person who committed the murders?" and they'd point to him and say, "Yeah, you."

TRH -- In the Fort Hood shooting, Nidal Hassan ( the gunman and killer ) will be representing himself.
This happened 3+ years ago, and will be as crazy as the Ferguson trial. crazy

Just take the SOB out back and hang him. hang him high !

Last edited by Hotload; 06/26/13.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

After reading some commentary about the defense dissecting prosecution witnesses, I tried to find coverage to watch but can't find it.

Where can a person watch the proceedings?

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Where can a person watch the proceedings?
I provided a link in a previous post in this thread.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Headline News has it. They go to commercial about every 30 seconds though.

It's unwatchable IMO.

Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 23 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.