Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,146 of 1,842 1 2 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1841 1842
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
White bass I've heard of, thanks! And Stripers, Wipers (hybrid?), Silvers and a few others that I can't recall at the moment. The electric knife thing I've heard of too, but seems like sacrilege to me. I am getting too old for this brave new world smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear ya on the e-knife but when your cleaning 50 or more at a time its the only way to go but I skin catfish first then fillet.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is this thing on?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well...it happened. First one of the year. Yep, you guessed it. Deer hunting dream. Now with the days getting shorter it's that time of year to start getting serious about deer camp. grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like your way of thinking Tom...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its kinda hard for me to think about deer huntin when its 97� outside:-)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, there is that, but I just got back from the range. More about some last minute adjustments before blasting off for 2 weeks of shooting matches in New Mexico. But it is all relevant. And when I get back, I will go to work in earnest on the .38-72 for a better elk load for the fall. Just enough time smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
family reunion of sorts this weekend, got my folks and nephew with me tonight. tomorrow we head north and have a cabin in lead/deadwood for the weekend. looking forward to seeing some family I aint seen in a spell. amazingly I'm leaving the fishin poles home for this one. been looking forward to this weekend for the last 6 months, even more than hunting. have a great weekend ya'll!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Can't ask for a better early summer day here. 69* breezy, clear skies... Beautiful day to work outside.

Looking forward to 5 much needed days off of work next week!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Family reunions are awesome Ryan, have fun.

6 years everyone, today marks 6 years from that terrible day June 28th 2007 when we learned that we had lost a man so dear to many of us. A father, husband, brother, son, a best friend.

It was a terrible day.

And in this 6th year we've lost his dad, Dusty. Oh it makes it tough, you feel like you are dragging your feet along through deep heavy mud as we carry on forward in our paths through life.

But I congratulate my family, my whole chickenbuck family. You are all doing great.

Here's to the beginning of our 7th year together, these past 6 have been wonderful. I see no reason to stop.

I'm not saying this god awful thread will continue, but camp chickenbuck will continue. We may fade off the page here, but our camp will continue with business as usual.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I say a prayer, I tip my hat, raise a glass, and sneak a smile to them as they look down. They know we're OK down here.

From getting to know you all, I know how dear he was to all of you. If Waylon was 1/2 the man his father was he's better than I'll be.

To Waylon. To Uncle Dusty. We'll keep a spot in the rack for your rifle, a spark in the wood stove, and the lantern on for you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This is far from an awful thread though. As far as I've seen it's the best one on the internet...anywhere.

Without it, I'd not have met you or your family, who have become great friends with...who'd I'd do anything for.

I've written here many times and will again today. I met you to give you the treestand and it was like we've know eachother for a long time. That didn't change the next year when I met Uncle Dusty and Missy up at Chickenbuck. Missy got out of the truck and gave me a big hug and it was like we were family right there.

Dusty got out, shook my hand, patted me on the back said something and his smile lit up the place...and always will.

Chickenbuck is a magical place. My boy has been there once and talks about it at least once a week, asking when we're going again. Always trying to get me to find him a dirt bike so he can ride with Joe and Nate. The boy was hooked right out of the gate...just like the rest of us that have been there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lost my sister to cancer 2006 she was only 56 and its been tough every family gathering she is missed and especially at Christmas. But we carry on and are great full for the time we had together.

Dave I hope this thread doesn't go away I visit it daily and really consider those that post here like friends or family . I wish we were closer so it would be easier to lend a helping hand when needed. Plus I feel like I have missed a bunch of "hold my beer and watch this" stunts .:-)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pretty neat cast of characters here. I imagine they will approach Dave at some point about the movie rights. Sam Elliot would play Grizzly Bill I am thinking!

Here's to Waylon and the legacy of this thread that he inspired!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sam Elliot! eek I was thinking something in the line of Channing Tatum. cool

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Who would play Stan? Wilford Brimley? grin

Got back from Canada. Had a great time. Weather was really unsettled, but we still beat up the fish. Biggest pike was 44.5 and biggest 'eye was 25.5. Just couldnt find the big 'eyes this year. Found quantity though. Lauren had a blast.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Who would play Stan? Wilford Brimley? grin

Brad Pitt

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got Ryan played by Brad Pitt!

Who is the guy who played Norm on Cheers? Cuz I think I got a role for him!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I got Ryan played by Brad Pitt!

Who is the guy who played Norm on Cheers? Cuz I think I got a role for him!

George Wendt I think I know where your going with this

What about Dave ? Tim Allan ? Johnny Depp idk
But I'm thinking Shrek for myself

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Who would play Stan???Hmmmm.Thanks Berettaman,Grizzly Bill and my old buddy Mule1 for the suggestions.
I think Jeff Dunham's "Walter" would be most appropriate to portray me.
I love this thread.I've met a lot of good people here.It has helped pull me thru recuperation from heart bypass surgery in June of 2008.
As far as losing relatives I lost my older sister in June of 2008 just two days after I got out of the hospital.I was under doctor's orders of "no travel" so I could not go to her funeral in Georgia.Losing folks ain't easy.
Chickenbuck forever!!!!!

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 1,146 of 1,842 1 2 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (2500HD, 160user, 17CalFan, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.