Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I have a Husky 1651, 358 Norma Mag in very good condition and I want to mount an older Kahles 2.3 - 7 scope on it. The rifle has steel weaver bases fitted, the scope does have some 26mm Leupold rings with it. Are there any 26mm rings available that will fit the Weaver bases, preferably windage adjustable? Or, what 2 piece Leupold bases do I mount on the rifle to use the Leupold rings?
Cheers, Al

Guide/Outfitter, NZ Backcountry Guides, fishing and hunting since 1985
GB1

C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Burris Signature Zee rings with inserts will fit on a 26 mm diameter scope tube. I have used these with both Weaver and Warne bases to mount an old 26mm Pecar scope.

Mule Deer suggested it some time ago and I found that it works.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks CKW, do Burris make a zee ring thats windage adjustable?

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
And now I do my research! So the zee rings with the off set inserts provide the windage adjustment? I've never used Burris rings before. And do I use 1" rings and the inserts crush up enough?
Cheers, Al

C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That is correct, Al. It takes a little effort to get them to fit the 26 mm tube, but it works. Use the inserts as designed to provide some windage adjustment; they can also be used for vertical adjustments.

In my case the holes in the rifle receiver appear out-of-line and the reticule on the non-centered Pecar scope remained off-set. Currently, I'm using the same Burris Signature rings and inserts on a 1" diameter tube scope.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a set of factory Redfield rings for their mounts.OR if you find a set of 1" rings that will work for you I also have a 26mm lapping bar custom made by Sinclair for me.I have used this to open the 1" to 26mm.You would be welcome to borrow it for shipping cost.....rifle

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Hi Rifle, thank you for the offer, I was able to pick up the Kahles locally 2 days ago,in very good condition, and at a very good price, hence I havent got back to you. But it has come with its problems. And now I find that the Kahles is approx 3/8" too short to fit in to std mounts on the Husky action, so need to have at least one extension ring. Lots of research later I have found that Millet have windage adjustable extension rings in both 1" and 30mm. So am off to the gunshop to see if I can order some, and all I have to do is decide whether I want to spend some time honing out 1" or go 30mm with Delrin inserts. Would have liked to try the Burris, but they dont make an extension ring.
Cheers, Al

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Or use an adjustable king-pin reamer and cut 1" rings out.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not all 1" rings can be enlarged.You have to look at the screw holes and see how much material is there or you will lap into the tapped holes.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, you are probably right...I have only done a dozen sets to 26 mm and a couple to 26.5mm.

Must have got lucky in the choosing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 35 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,208
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.