-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
I have been a long time lurker here on 24 hour, and have picked up a lot of good info from here also, along with some good laughs too! But I have an issue with my Browning buckmark. Picked it up at a gun show a few months back for my 14 yo daughter, and I bought a Tactical Solutions 7" barrel for it. Never shot it until after I put the new barrel on it.
So the problem I am having with it is that when I shoot it, it fires one round, cycles the fired case out, and chambers another round. But will not reset the trigger to fire the following round. Either I goofed something up, or the gun had issues when I bought it.
Just throwing this out there to see if any of you guys have had any similar problems and have a remedy for it. Cause we all know how teenagers get very impatient, and she is all excited about shooting her blue barrel Buckmark. LOL

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With a new barrel on any semiauto there is likely to be just a little friction which is enough to slow things down and stop the slide before it can reset the trigger.

I would clean it well, lube it very lightly, and get some of the very fast ammo like CCI Stingers and run a bunch of them through it to polish things up.

Last year I gave my son, 19, his grandfather's Buckmark. My father wrote a piece for the American Rifleman about the pistol in which he had hacksawed the barrel off his long barrel target model, overbored the cut off piece and remounted it on a section of steel Weaver base stock.

He then continued to shoot with it competitively and his scores were essentially unchanged. This allowed him to carry it on the trapline in a very convenient size, or return it to the firing line in just a few minutes. He was a very good handgun shooter.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for the response,
So far I have taken it apart 3 times just to ensure there was no kind of resistance, and cleaned it real good all times. I put the factory barrel back on today, and still the same result. Used Mini-mags, some Federal bulk pack, and some stingers. It will fire the round. eject it. Chamber another round, then nothing when you pull the trigger. But when I manually pull the slide back, and chamber the 3rd round. It fires it, with the same results. Just as if the trigger is not getting reset.

I have tried different mags, ammo. All with the same deal. I make sure the rubber buffer pad is in place. It seems there is something going on with the trigger assy. But it is so odd that it will fire after manually racking the slide. But again, I never fired it until after I put the TS barrel on. So either I goofed something up, or the problem was there when I bought it. So who knows what was done to it before I got it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have not taken it apart in a while and remember there is an unusual disconnector link in there... I still have to go with friction and grime as the most likely causes in light of the fact it cocks in "Manual" mode.

The issue is a failure to cock and that brings it back to just a few parts... Oh wait, it's a Browning! wink They use lots of extra parts... like the disconnector link...

When my son gets home I will get his out of the safe and break it down and see if there might be some hint in it...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
I
OP Offline
I
Well I took all the parts and put them in a ultra sonic tub. Scrubbed the hell out of everything too. I even tried pulling the slide back really light and soft too, just enough to get the round to chamber.
As I was just messing with it, it seems that the trigger is not going forward to get the sear to reset. Like there is a broken, or missing spring some where in there.
No joke about it having an odd disconnector set up! Never messed with something set up like this thing. Thats why I'm sure I'm over looking something that should be clickin and clackin. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is the disconnector spring still there? It sits on the starboard side, just under the grip, flat stock bent in a sharp "U" with the open side up?

It would reset the disconnector link by ensuring it steps up to catch the sear. The only other spring involved in cocking is the mainspring under the trigger. It may just be weak or tweaked.

I doubt there is any dynamic edge failing to grab as it is pretty simple in there, aside from the disconnector.

H
h24 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Sitkadeer above has a good suggestion on the sharp "V" shaped spring that must sit beside, not under, the disconnector to put tension on it. Be careful putting the grip back on as the position of this spring is critical to reset. Also, the sear spring must engage the center of the sear in the "V" shaped bottom of the sear to properly reset on the long arm of the sear spring and the short arm of the sear spring must be centered in the back part of the frame itself. The sear spring may need the tension adjusted if it is not purring enough tension on the sear itself. Also, you did not say if the trigger has a set screw for overtravel. If so, it may be adjusted out too much not allowing the trigger to reset. Hope this info is helpful.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 63 invisible), 2,822 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,752
Posts18,476,274
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.