Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 116 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 115 116
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It wasn't a expert witness, just a fact witness.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Tell you what boys, this nightmare makes it all the more difficult for one to carry, much less use a firearm to protect oneself. If even in Florida with one of the supposed best personal defense friendly states gets you into this much trouble, I think I'm staying home and become a recluse!

Oh, you can carry. Just don't shoot. I don't know about pointing or aiming. That's another court case.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
They used Skype for an "expert witness to testify"???? I have been trying not to keep up with this "trial" to avoid a major bad mood.... I saw Shreck post so I figured it would be worthwhile to check out one of his pithy posts..... This brings new meaning to the term "A cluster f......" .

I do appreciate your confidence on my pithyness sir. grin

Apparently they don't know how to do a private chat. The skype addy was visible on the screen.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I don't entirely buy self defense theory. He could have avoided confrontation simply by not following Martin. He was clearly told by 911 operator not to follow him. He elected to act nevertheless. Any reasonable man would be cognizant that a confrontation could happen in such situation. The bottom line is, even if his life was in danger when the fight erupted, what led to the confrontation was a result of his willful choice.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The bottom line is, even if his life was in danger when the fight erupted, what led to the confrontation was a result of his willful choice.
============

Were you paid to post this nonsense or is it actually what you believe? a 911 operator has no more authority than a receptionist at WalMart.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's put that 911 call in context. When you listen to it, the conversation is very collegial. The dispatcher keeps asking Zimmerman questions about Martin like, what does he look like, what is he doing, where is he now. George does his best to provide the dispatcher with the information requested. Then, it seems to me that it dawns on the dispatcher that George may be following Martin as a means to gather the information requested. He asks George if he is following Martin, George says yes, and the dispatcher says, "you don't need to do that."

I believe the dispatcher was not admonishing George for following Martin. Rather, he wanted George to know that he was not directing Zimmerman to follow Martin to get the information that the dispatcher was requesting.

In no way was it a directive to George to stop following Martin.

I'm better when I move.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If he had have went to a bar he would not have run into him either.

Sometimes stuff happens.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by k98junkie
I don't entirely buy self defense theory. He could have avoided confrontation simply by not following Martin. He was clearly told by 911 operator not to follow him. He elected to act nevertheless. Any reasonable man would be cognizant that a confrontation could happen in such situation. The bottom line is, even if his life was in danger when the fight erupted, what led to the confrontation was a result of his willful choice.

Your analysis utterly begs the question. You don't loose the right of self-defense because you fail to predict that someone whose actions you find suspicious (and therefore who you decide to follow and monitor) will suddenly turn on you, attack you, tell you "you are going to die tonight" and then try to take your concealed weapon and use it on you.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What led to the confrontation was an unknown person, in a gated community, at 3am, lurking in shadows. If the average citizen is not allowed to even ATTEMPT to protect his own property, what is in place to deter crime? Are the police the ONLY ones allowed to confront a criminal?

Last edited by benchman; 07/03/13.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Tell you what boys, this nightmare makes it all the more difficult for one to carry, much less use a firearm to protect oneself. If even in Florida with one of the supposed best personal defense friendly states gets you into this much trouble, I think I'm staying home and become a recluse!
Tell me about it, jorge. If this guy wasn't 100% justified within Florida law, it's hard to imagine who would be. Troubling for those of us who carry concealed here in Florida.

Notice how they're trying to create the impression that he's some nut job just frothing at the mouth to shoot someone because he had a live round in the chamber? WTF??? Your semiauto gun's little more than a paperweight if it doesn't have a round in the chamber.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Toward the end of the video that is posted below...pay close attention to the concept of imperfect self-defense. I realize this is only this law professor's opinion, but this supports the idea that it just doesn't matter even if GZ was following TM (and I think, like the reenactment video suggests he was not following.) He could have followed him, confronted him verbally, Raised his voice, asked poor questions, misunderstood TM's intent in being there, etc.... but if and when TM ended up on GZ's chest throwing punches while GZ's head was on concrete...game set and match. TM has created a situation that any reasonable human would consider one of grave bodily harm.

Perhaps TM had no intent of killing GZ. I think he never intended to kill GZ. But I do think he lost his cool... bowed-up...over-reacted...threw knuckles...and very sadly... got shot. I am certain that TM's family and GZ both wish, above all else, the confrontation had not happened. But it did. And if you or I see something one night in the WalMart parking lot in Anytown, Florida, and we misunderstand what is going on, act in ignorance or mild agression toward it....and suddenly, the person we were confronting, though initially doing nothing wrong, attacks us, gets us on the ground, hits us in the face, refuses to stop after 10 seconds of our screaming, and we sense no hope of immediate help...you have every reason to think that a bullet is an appropriate means to resolve the situation.

We'll not ever be certain who confronted who intitially. We'll never be certain of why GZ was out of his car. We'll never know what TM had on his mind. And none of that matters.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=KvmhjMUcjl0

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great points MShuntfish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Guess you haven't been keeping up with the trial. That's been explained several times.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by 496
Your car brakes down 3 blocks from you home.

You walk home. In the first block a human call the cops, there is a weird guy walking down down my block. Same as he did the 50 calls before.

He say they alway get away but not this time.

You flee from him and lose him for one block. The next block you meet up with him and fight because you already tried to flee.

He has a gun and you are unarmed. He kills you.

He tells your Wife, Kids, Mom and Dad, I was in fear for my life so I had to kill him.

All because you were illegally walking from you broken down car to your home.

One thing that nags me. Treadmark wasnt on any ole public street. He was in a GATED COMMUNITY. A place i dont believe he lived or had any reason to be in. Can anyone elaborate on that aspect?

I believe Martin was staying with his father and step-mother who lived in the complex. Correct?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thats what someone told me. I

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Jorge - it does make one re-consider the consequences of (not so much carrying, but) standing your ground. Regardless of who is right, the shooter looses (legal costs, possible imprisonment, social rejection,etc.). Something to think about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'm obliged for the answer. Doctor of Law, TRH, didn't know.

I reckon he just became TRHJD.

Gene. Thats why i have been addressing him as Bob's apprentice.

I referred to him as Bob's intern. It's more appropriate in the legal world. My son "interned" at two Law Offices the summer before his last year of Law School, and went to work at the one he liked best when he graduated and was admitted to the the Bar shortly afterward.

Of course, he worked his way thru school and had a mountain of student loans to repay [which he has done,btw] so he had no choice.

He kinda liked the idea of CJ, but starting pay in a PA office sucks, and then he found that many of the trial lawyers at his firm had never seen the inside of a courtroom even after 5 or 6 years.

So.... TRHjd is an intern and [I'm sure] grateful for all the legal training he gets from his mentor.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MShutfish, you are eloquent and right on point.
But - given the totality of the circumstances, do you think defense counsel will be able sell it to six females?

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by night_owl
MShutfish, you are eloquent and right on point.
But - given the totality of the circumstances, do you think defense counsel will be able sell it to six females?

After reading the short bio of each juror that's been made public, I think there is some likelihood that at least one juror of the three that seem very good for the defense will prove articulate and persuasive. And since the facts, as born from testimony so far, seem so one-sided...

I can easily imagine a short deliberation, led by logical discussion weighing Florida Law and the evidence, and a jury returning an acquittal. To be sure, I can imagine other scenarios...but they are more difficult to imagine.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
IMO an all female jury is reversable error if JZ is convicted.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 29 of 116 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,876
Posts18,518,127
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.