-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 116 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 115 116
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know about the old lady, but that step brother or whatever he is with the memory block..you say he's in college?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"I can change my mind every hour. I don't see any problem."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I think he will do some time and I think it is right that he does.
========

Absurdly emotional and not even close to being premised within the testimony provided or the realities of this case.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[/quote]

I, personally would not want to be judged by 6 women who were not smart enough to get out of Jury Duty! That's the scary part! Just Sayin.... wink [/quote]

Yeah, me too this verdict is a coin toss. At the beginning of the trial the judge asked Zimmerman if he was OK with an all woman jury and he said yes. I thouigh that was a very naive answer, and his lawyers should know better.

Their precious little minds will be drifting most of the time because he has a pair of emotional deadbeat lawyers, rather than the upbeat "bubbly" types that can keep the women entertained long enough to get a few facts comprehended.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im watching the M.E. testify now. What a cluster puck!!

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep Quincy he is not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
50/50 chance this ME takes his own life due to the humiliation incurred during cross examination.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
"I can change my mind every hour. I don't see any problem."
Here's a video clip summarizing most of the medical examiners testimony today: Link

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I still see a good chance that Zimmerman can end up with a manslaughter, either voluntary or involuntary depending on how the case goes. Zimmerman really put himself in a very compromised position, so proving 2nd degree murder is a bit of a stretch. But I don't think it's too hard to prove one of the manslaughters. I don't see this ending well for Zimmerman.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It appears you don't fully understand the elements of proof for voluntary manslaughter. It can't be involuntary manslaughter, of course.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Wonder what Zimmerman's defense attorney was trying to accomplish by persisting with the issue about the amount of marijuana found in Trayvon's toxicology test?

I've always been led to believe that marijuana had the effect of making one docile, more laid-back, and if anything, much less prone to any aggressive, combative behavior.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Wonder what Zimmerman's defense attorney was trying to accomplish by persisting with the issue about the amount of marijuana found in Trayvon's toxicology test?

I've always been led to believe that marijuana had the effect of making one docile, more laid-back, and if anything, much less prone to any aggressive, combative behavior.
===================

Is that a serious question or are you speaking TIC?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and that to me Kevin answers the question posed as to whether this is the campfire gossip thread.

this trial will not only impact GZ's life by its outcome, but factually anyone that chooses to arm themselves and is mentally prepared to use said arm to defend their lives.

you're laying on your back in the rain, getting your head slammed into the concrete by some guy you've never met, he was just acting suspicious in your neighborhood that's been the target of recent break ins, when he took offense to you observing him and attacked you.

if that's manslaughter, when you're alone on the ground getting your head pounded (whether it's true or not that the deceased told you "you're going to die tonight")

then those of you that choose to go armed are well and truly [bleep].

by case law, if you're not to the point of expiring from injuries BEFORE you draw and shoot, you're guilty of manslaughter.

all the CCW laws in the world are a moot point if that is indeed the outcome of this farce

still say defense should bring in a slab of concrete and pound the head of the "expert" person that said Z's injuries were minimal into that piece of concrete and ask them to raise their hand when their injuries surpass minimal and enter into significant

and that's still different than having it done in the dark of night with no other witnesses.

what a load of horsechit this is, if he's convicted of anything.

if you can't use a gun legally to stop someone from slamming your head into concrete, you might as well throw the sumbitch away.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wtf is the deal with this ME?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That M.E. is one strange witness..

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
It appears you don't fully understand the elements of proof for voluntary manslaughter. It can't be involuntary manslaughter, of course.
Kevin might be referring to a conviction for imperfect self defense, which is voluntary manslaughter. Imperfect self defense is when the party claiming self defense actually started the aggressive encounter with a low level of aggression (e.g., a push), which was responded to with a level of aggression that was imminently life threatening (e.g., pulling out a knife or club, or even, upon gaining the advantage, slamming the "pusher's" head repeatedly against concrete). I see no factual basis for this in evidence, however. Seems pretty straightforwardly justified self defense to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

It depends totally on the type of Marijuana consumed. That aside, in a state such as Florida where Marijuana consumption is illegal, it demonstrates a propensity towards law-breaking.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
and that to me Kevin answers the question posed as to whether this is the campfire gossip thread.

this trial will not only impact GZ's life by its outcome, but factually anyone that chooses to arm themselves and is mentally prepared to use said arm to defend their lives.

you're laying on your back in the rain, getting your head slammed into the concrete by some guy you've never met, he was just acting suspicious in your neighborhood that's been the target of recent break ins, when he took offense to you observing him and attacked you.

if that's manslaughter, when you're alone on the ground getting your head pounded (whether it's true or not that the deceased told you "you're going to die tonight")

by case law, if you're not to the point of expiring from injuries BEFORE you draw and shoot, you're guilty of manslaughter.

all the CCW laws in the world are a moot point if that is indeed the outcome of this farce

still say defense should bring in a slab of concrete and pound the head of the "expert" person that said Z's injuries were minimal into that piece of concrete and ask them to raise their hand when their injuries surpass minimal and enter into significant

and that's still different than having it done in the dark of night with no other witnesses.

if you can't use a gun legally to stop someone from slamming your head into concrete, you might as well throw the sumbitch away.
You present a very cogent argument that the whole trial is about killing the right to self-defense itself, which is what I've said all along. Remember, Zimmerman is essentially being prosecuted by the Executive Office since all the locals formerly in charge of this declined to even charge him.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Well said. Exactly right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by isaac
Kevin might be referring to a conviction for imperfect self defense, which is voluntary manslaughter. Imperfect self defense is when the party claiming self defense actually started the aggressive encounter with a low level of aggression (e.g., a push), which was responded to with a level of aggression that was imminently life threatening (e.g., pulling out a knife or club, or even, upon gaining the advantage, slamming the "pusher's" head repeatedly against concrete). I see no factual basis for this in evidence, however. Seems pretty straightforwardly justified self defense to me.
Indeed, the only way it could possibly fly is to convince the all-female jury that Z had no business getting out of his truck in the first place and looking around in order to help his neighbors. Or that Zimmerman attacked the poor Skittles and Sweet Tea Choirboy who then called out for help as he was beating the Creepy Cracka's asss.

Page 35 of 116 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,268
Posts18,486,569
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.