Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Zimmerman can't be found any other way but innocent based on the evidence. End of story case closed

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by K_Salonek
Thank you for your soothing effects in a turbulent time.

Your insight is appreciated!

But this case is a glimpse into a much deeper matter.
A glimpse of the beast secular-humanist-progressivism is creating.

There is no doubt the evadance of mob-mentally at work here, and how the elite puppetmasters will use it!

=============

Outside the world of a sequestered jury, perhaps. 2 jurors laughed at that ME's testimony last week. He will be on his way out of town when some talented,credible experts give testimony this week. These jurors are taking their job seriously because they know what awaits them out in the free market.

A hung jury,which is the bare minimum here, works for the defense. No way the state of Florida tries this nonsense again.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I know and work with a lot of Mexicans. I have never heard a single one of them call their self white. They are brown!

And they have very little use for one of their kind trying to pass for white.

They are no more Caucasian than the Indians from which they are primarily descended.

I'm white and married to a "mexican girl" born in th US and college educated with an american first name.

I employ (legal) mexicans and obviously have inlaws of mexican heritage.

While they have some of the mexican culture still practiced in their family, they don't give a crap about skin color or nationality and consider themselves more white than hispanic. They judge people on their charactor, and frankly don't give a [bleep] about "a mexican passing themselves off as white".

As for illegal mexicans.... Your comments probably ring true.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Manic_Hunter; 07/07/13.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. That's interesting reading material.

From a layman's perspective it's peculiar that instructions aren't given at the beginning of the trial.

If the jurors know what to look for, or what's specifically applicable, it would easier to weigh the evidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason for my above comments is in this particular trial there are laws that make it an unusual case. Generally speaking, a murder trial does not have the nuances that this trial does. Shoot somebody, you're guilty, you go to jail.

Is easy for us here at fire to understand the implications of self-defense and more importantly the stand your ground law because we've discussing it for over a year. Someone that's unaware of these laws will have a very different perspective. For instance, the idea of contributory negligence (GZ was in the wrong for following TM) and being unaware the right to defend yourself even if you were the initial aggressor.

Watching the trial unfold and having misconceptions about the specific laws that are applicable to this trial would affect the thought process of determining guilt or innocence.

I have no doubts that the jurors are unaware of all the laws. It might come as slight shock when they realize what they thought they would be judging guilt or innocence on is now in question because of how the laws are written.

I have no idea how this will influence the outcome ... if at all.

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I've watched most of the trial but who is "ME"?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Medical Examiner

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Right! That guy was an idiot.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sorry, I should have used proper descriptives.

Monday and Tuesday are going to be embarrassing for this prosecution team. Watch it if you can.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any of you guys try Varget with 80 Amax in a 223AI?

IC B3

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Most have understood "self defense" from the beginning of time. The prosecution is now putting all their marbles into the over-reaction basket. The witnesses the next two days will destroy the theory.

So will the jury instructions. This Judge's days are numbered if she doesn't toss 2nd degree murder at the conclusion of the evidence.

Northern Va prosecutors make this Florida team look like a bunch of moot court participants. It's truly shameful. And, in Virginia, we don't get the benefit of depositions. In fact, defense discovery in our state is virtually non-existant.

But, in noerthern Va, the Judge would have likely granted the striking of the 2nd degree murder charge.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will the defense be able to bring up prior expert testimony and then have their experts offer an opinion on whether or not the previous experts were incorrect?

I know they can offer a different opinion but can they essentially say "That guy was an idiot. He didn't know WTF he was talking about and here's why".

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I plan on watching it as much as possible and if I can't I look at http://legalinsurrection.com/ at night to see what I missed. I'm curious if the defense is going to get to call the Martin's lying racist attorney Benjamin Crump to testify. I understand that the transcript of his interview with "Dee Dee" that he gave to the defense wasn't factual and is incomplete.

Last edited by victoro; 07/07/13.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Will the defense be able to bring up prior expert testimony and then have their experts offer an opinion on whether or not the previous experts were incorrect?
============

Bank on it. It will be pleasurable viewing, I assure you.

William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm curious if the defense is going to get to call the Martin's lying racist attorney Benjamin Crump to testify.
=============

Crump is partly why Judge Nelson is PMSing. The 5th circuit over-turned her ruling that the defense team couldn't call him. 5th circuit over-turned her and ruled the defense team can depose Crump and use his testimony at trial.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Good! I's like to see Mr. Crump on the stand. I hope this judge is removed for her blatant bias for the prosecution. She isn't just fat and ugly she has a smart ass attitude with the defense. I think she despises the defense attorneys because they're way more intelligent than she is. The prosecution attorneys are just theatrical clowns (and not very good ones).

Last edited by victoro; 07/07/13.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I simply think her hands are tied while she attempts to protect her job. Jurors are the last bastion of protection when it comes to the state versus the "Everyman".

Never shirk your duty as a juror. Never. Jurors rule the dynamic, not judges and lawyers.

William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by isaac
I simply think her hands are tied while she attempts to protect her job. Jurors are the last bastion of protection when it comes to the state versus the "Everyman".

Never shirk your duty as a juror. Never. Jurors rule the dynamic, not judges and lawyers.

Ain't that the truth! It dismays me whenever I hear people disparage and/or shirk jury duty. A strong individual on a jury can strongly influence the others, the sheeple types.

Not a legal type, but I've done the jury gig more than once, and look forward to the next opportunity, especially of I could help insure that sensationalism and racism like seen in this case doesn't hornswaggle the easily led.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
This judge is a joke

Prexactly Counselor and the jury DOES worry me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, I was a juror on two high profile murder cases down in Miami before the Navy and I wasn't impressed with their abilities even though they were pretty much open and shut cases. And the OJ and Kaylee Anderson trials also worry me. I sure do HOPE you are right my friend.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,694
Posts18,494,150
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.