Print Thread
Hop To
Page 53 of 116 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 115 116
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Get ready for round (or Week) 2 of the Z trial. I don't know how it will all play out (and no one else does either). The prosecution seemed to be making the defense case in week 1, but who knows what a jury will do?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I strongly feel that Zimmerman should move to my location when he walks free. There are zero African Americans that live here.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am sick of ignorant progressive fascists spouting the party line without regard to the evidence presented in the case. It is evil to destroy an innocent mans life for political gain and that is what they are doing.

The fact is that Zimmerman's statement is supported by the evidence in every significant respect.

Zimmerman was outside of his car following Trayvon from a distance when the operator said that he didn't need to follow. He responded "OK" which indicates acceptance and turned to walk to the mail boxes where he was going to wait for the police. This gave Trayvon took advantage of this and sneaked up on Zimmerman. Trayvon hit Zimmerman in the face, knocked him down, pinned him to the ground and started beating him MMA style bashing his head against the sidewalk.

At this point Zimmerman was justified in shooting Trayvon in self defense. However, he waited until Trayvon tried to take his gun away to shot.

There was no stalking or profiling or hunting just watching from a distance. Zimmerman was the victim of an unprovoked assault by Trayvon. He showed too much restraint in shooting Trayvon.

The prosecution has rested and as they proved that Zimmerman shot Trayvon in self defense it's clear that the only reason they brought this case to trial was to gain the votes of blacks for the progressive fascist cause. Destroying an innocent man's life for political gain is evil. It is the same thing Dems did to blacks during the Jim Crow era.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
isaac

Just what did the black guy do to be shot,besides beating the chit out of a guy with a gun?

Did he rape?

Did he shoot or stab anyone?

Did he take women and children hostage?

If he wins,it's a green light to anyone getting beat up that has a gun to shoot the bastad and it's okay.....Revenge for lack of skills..

His problem,shoulda let the cops handle it...

Jayco
How in the hell do you expect to rationally and intelligently discuss this with folks who have been following the story since day one and know the facts of the case and major details when you yourself are obviously ignorant of them? Hell, I'd have gotten laughed out of college if I'd asked questions like this of my prof's. I'm not trying to be mean here, but you need to do some research if you want to comment intelligently on this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
� Maybe he suffers from brain damage from letting some punk pound his head into the concrete one too many times. He sure can't grasp the concept of Common Sense. cool

My log-cutting partner in the Bitterroot had the very same limitation after his last tree pounded him into the ground like a tent peg.

Those ol' logging bosses can sure be something else at times.

One of 'em in Montana bossed his loggers by throwing his weight around with decibels of feigned anger. One of his favorite tactics was to fire � peremptorily � the first logger whom he saw on the mountain on the first Monday morning back at work.

One Monday morning in particular, the first logger whom he saw was a young sawyer who had a couple of trees down and was limbing one.

He (the boss) stopped his pick-up and stomped up to the young logger. When the young fellow cut-off his McCulloch, the boss yelled "You're fired! Get off the mountain and draw your time! You're fired!" Then he stomped back down to his pick-up and drove off up the mountain.

When he came back down that evening, the young sawyer was still there � had several trees down, limbed, and bucked to length, ready for the jammer.

The boss didn't have to feign anger now. He threw gravel stopping his pick-up, stomped up to the young sawyer, and yelled "Didn't I fire you this morning?"

"Yeah. Don't let it happen again."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you had been paying attention to the evidence presented by the prosecution you would know that Zimmerman was assaulted by Trayvon. That Trayvon had him pinned to the ground and was wailing away at his head. This more than justifies self defense, but Zimmerman waited until after Trayvon went for Zimmerman's gun to shoot in self defense.

There is no evidence that Zimmerman did anything other than follow and watch Trayvon from a distance. He was outside his car following when the operator said he didn't need to follow. He responded OK and walked away from Trayvon towards the mail boxes to wait for the police. This allowed Trayvon to sneak up on him and assault him by surprise.

Last edited by ConradCA; 07/08/13.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Another thing I don't understand is the continued stating on here by some folks who are pro-Martin, "...Zimmerman profiled him then stalked Martin in a place where he (Martin) had a right to be,". Wtf? How does Travon get to just trespass across several yards (at least this is the impression I had, especially given the fact that Z's own testimony is that he "lost sight of him") and not live in the gated community, yet he's where he's got a right to be? I was under the impression Travon's dad lived right outside the community. While if Travon truly wasn't stealing, and I think that's highly unlikely since he'd been involved in it before, he was at the very least, trespassing. He didn't have any "right" to be there.

And another thing...wgaf if Z "profiled" Trayvon. Z was under no obligation not to.

My point for the "pro-Martin" crowd who state Martin had a right to be there. If Martin had every right to be there, SO DID ZIMMERMAN.

ETA I see Ken beat me to this line of thought.

Last edited by Tarkio; 07/08/13.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Who said shoot,I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep FROM being injured and STOP the attack.

Zimmer shot...Would you shoot to kill if you were losing in a fist fight and had already called the cops?

Have you ever been in a fist fight?

If you won, was it alright for your opponent to shoot you because he lost then said..He feared for his life?

See what the verdict is going to say?

Jayco

If you are carrying, as Zimmerman was, then any altercation that results in an aggressor getting the better of you, becomes a VERY DEADLY situation because the moment you become even temporarily disabled, the aggressor has opportunity and means to do you REAL HARM. Read that as kill your butt.

So yes, if I get my butt handed to me and the aggressor isn't backing down and I feel like I am about to go under/out, then I am seriously contemplating shooting to stop the aggressor.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Jayco, did Martin have any responsibility to cease his attack against Zimmerman?

LC, I'm waiting......

Sniper

How many fights have you been around?

How many have you tried to break up when one goes to far?

I have tried more than once,especially with a certain friend....Some go [bleep] bizerk and if you tapped them on the shoulder and asked them there name,they would not know....Had 'em turn on me pulling them off an already beaten man until they gain there senses back....

In answer to your question,the brown guy wasn't that beat up.I have seen alot worse...

You were not there/I was not there,yet we think we know because we saw it on the news.

Tell me about responsibility in fist fights like this one.

Your right......He should die for not committing a crime other than punching a guy that was in his face.....

Jayco

You just made our case for us. You admitted that when a guy is in the mode of seriously kicking someone's butt, there's no telling how far he might go. Especially if there is no one there at that moment to pull the aggressor off.

You complain the GZ wasn't hurt that badly, you've seen worse. It isn't GZ's responsibility to let himself get beaten so badly that you are more than mildly impressed. His job is to keep from getting himself seriously injured or dead.

Montana MOFO
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Another thing I don't understand is the continued stating on here by some folks who are pro-Martin, "...Zimmerman profiled him then stalked Martin in a place where he (Martin) had a right to be,". Wtf? How does Travon get to just trespass across several yards (at least this is the impression I had, especially given the fact that Z's own testimony is that he "lost sight of him") and not live in the gated community, yet he's where he's got a right to be? I was under the impression Travon's dad lived right outside the community. While if Travon truly wasn't stealing, and I think that's highly unlikely since he'd been involved in it before, he was at the very least, trespassing. He didn't have any "right" to be there.

And another thing...wgaf if Z "profiled" Trayvon. Z was under no obligation not to.

My point for the "pro-Martin" crowd who state Martin had a right to be there. If Martin had every right to be there, SO DID ZIMMERMAN.

But Martin didn't have a right to be there. He was trespassing in a gated community. His father lived outside the gated community.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trademark had moved in with his fathers girl friend. He wasn't trespassing.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One thing that is interesting is that I think while Trademark was riding the bus to the complex that day he got into a fight with the driver. Then his dad had to drive to Juvie, pick him up and drive him to the complex. Think this happened earlier on the day he died. Seems like the jury should find out about this.

Last edited by ConradCA; 07/08/13.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ConradCA
One thing that is interesting is that I think while Trademark was riding the bus to the complex that day he got into a fight with the driver. Then his dad had to drive to Juvie, pick him up and drive him to the complex. Think this happened earlier on the day he died. Seems like the jury should find out about this.
I wasn't aware the bus driver altercation was on that day. Certainly seems relevant. I'm not saying you're wrong about it, but the word "complex" doesn't lend itself to a typical gated community. I think it fits better with the scenario I presented of Martin's father living directly outside the gated community. I also haven't ever heard that Martin was living with his father's girlfriend. I thought he was living with his father who had a girlfriend. Perhaps I'm mistaken though.

If Travon's dad lived inside the gated community, to me it gives him a better reason to be where he was, but he still may have been (probably was) trespassing on somebody else's property.

However perhaps we're getting away from the exact nature of this...Regardless of who had what right to be where, the evidence all points to Martin jumping Zimmerman and pummeling him. The only possible reason is Z's following of him and almost certainly Martin had the chance to get away. Bottom-line is that Zimmerman is guilty of nothing, neither Murder Two nor Manslaughter.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tuesday could be interesting:

rspung | July 9, 2013 at 2:04 am

this is what is going to happen Tuesday, July 9 in the trial:

crump will be called to the stand. he will testify the tape he played in the mayor�s office was altered/ enhanced/modified. he will also testify he never gave the tape to the state or defense.

all hell will break loose.

the jury will be instructed to disregard the testimony of SF and TM about identifying the scream.

this will be the second occurrence of crump modifying tapes. the first was with the RJ depo.

remember, you heard it here first.

[Linked Image from ]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
THC tox report gets admitted into evidence today, as well.

I'm thinking the defense called Trayvon's father to lay a foundation for the Crump cross. It's the only thing that makes sense behind the decision to permit him a chance to rehabilitate himself.

The animation argument is still under advisement and the defense may be compelled to present still shots rather than the animation. I hope the animation comes in as I understand it's very good, demonstratively speaking.

A couple more expert witness to destroy the testimony of the M.E. and the defense might then rest.

Barring the state putting on a needlessly long rebuttal and a long-winded Motion For Acquittal/Rebuttal at the conclusion of all testimony, we could have our verdict by Friday.

Last edited by isaac; 07/09/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Great analysis Bob, Roger Cossack has nothing on you!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Naturally it should. Goes directly to the issue of a tendency towards violence, which is directly relevant to Zimmerman's defense, which is that he was violently attacked, a fact denied by the prosecution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
THC tox report gets admitted into evidence today, as well.

I'm thinking the defense called Trayvon's father to lay a foundation for the Crump cross. It's the only thing that makes sense behind the decision to permit him a chance to rehabilitate himself.

The animation argument is still under advisement and the defense may be compelled to present still shots rather than the animation. I hope the animation comes in as I understand it's very good, demonstratively speaking.

A couple more expert witness to destroy the testimony of the M.E. and the defense might then rest.

Barring the state putting on a needlessly long rebuttal and a long-winded Motion For Acquittal/Rebuttal at the conclusion of all testimony, we could have our verdict by Friday.

Agree that the defence should finish by Thursday or Friday.
But 6 women make up their minds in one day ..... grin
Never going to happen.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jayco out of the closet laugh

Figures....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotload

But 6 women make up their minds in one day ..... grin
Never going to happen.

Yep!

Page 53 of 116 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.