Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a ammo shortage? Really? Wtf?

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
all of the rimfire ammo producers are making more now than at any one time in their history and they can't keep up? i'm sorry but i hate to admit it but i just might have to strap on a tinfoil hat on this one. it just doesn't add up. someone or some group has to be pulling something. i just hope this issue cleans its self up soon. heck its almost to the point where a guy can shoot centerfire cheaper than rimfire (TIC)

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still don't see why it's that difficult to understand. Even people who don't shoot often are picking up .22 when they find it. Tons of people who normally shoot a lot of rifle such as the AR crowd are picking up tons of .22 to shoot beacuse it's cheaper than 5.56 right now and you can get a conversion to shoot it in your AR.

Now throw in all the people who already shoot .22 and it adds up to a crapload of demand. It self feeds. You might not even need .22 but if you go to the shop and there's no .22 for 3 months and then one day you are in there and they have some you pick up "just in case" because you haven't seen any in months and go home and put it next to the stack of .22 you already own.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheaper Than Dirt is not someone I would ever want to do business with; that just confirms it. Hey, if people want to pay that, they're welcome to do it. I see it as VERY counter-productive. As long as idiots pay it, the ammo crunch will continue.

The best thing the shooting community can do is take 6 months off and just don't buy anything more than the occasional box of ammo. Let the industry get the message. But if consumption doesn't drop off, this lunacy will continue.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

What dirt are they comparing their prices to? Probably the dirt on Martha's Vineyard seacoast.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as so often happens Miles, you guess wrong.

OK, you tell me why you would go to their website when you know the price is way higher than you are willing to pay. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

The best thing the shooting community can do is take 6 months off and just don't buy anything more than the occasional box of ammo. Let the industry get the message.

It's not the industry that is creating the problem.

It is the $7.00 an hour Wal-Mart employee that pockets a $50 bill every time he calls Joe Blow to come intercept the ammo shipment of the day...

It is scalpers buying the ammo after the tip about the shipment to Wal-Mart.

It is the hoarders that won't let the ammo hit the shelf, even though they had to go buy another portable building to store it in so they can sell it for $60 per 100 on Gun Broker.

It is retailers that allow the supply to be bought by low-life's before it goes on the shelves.

It is the panic buyers that feel like the ammo will never be avl. again.

It is Obama and his minions.

Until it calms down, and demand is squelched, it will continue.

I do feel like the ammo manufacturers are producing all they can. Why not? I mean it's not like there are no orders for ammo...

I'm surprised that the insanity has lasted this long with not many signs of the problem correcting itself. It may continue until Obama and his like are out of office. I hope not, but it may...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
as so often happens Miles, you guess wrong.

OK, you tell me why you would go to their website when you know the price is way higher than you are willing to pay. miles

because, Miles, I was not looking for .22 ammo in the first place. I was looking to see if there was a deal on MREs. While there, I took a look at, first, some .38 Special and some .30 carbine. No deals there either. At THAT point, and just for grins, I took a peek at the .22 LR stuff.

Now, do you need a run down on anything else I was doing today? I mean, I went to the grocery store, my business, AAA to get some maps..........

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
all of the rimfire ammo producers are making more now than at any one time in their history and they can't keep up? i'm sorry but i hate to admit it but i just might have to strap on a tinfoil hat on this one. it just doesn't add up. someone or some group has to be pulling something. i just hope this issue cleans its self up soon. heck its almost to the point where a guy can shoot centerfire cheaper than rimfire (TIC)

I have to think this way as well. Stores used to have bricks of .22 stacked to the roof. Now there are none. It stretches credulity to believe that all those manufactures, and the importers that bring in the RIO, the Aquila and other imports, just can't produce enough for a little spike in demand.
When the smoke clears, we may get the truth some day. The truth won't include 'we can't keep up with demand'. That is BS.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin, so you suggest that we go for 6 months unarmed? I think that is what your president wants to happen.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

The best thing the shooting community can do is take 6 months off and just don't buy anything more than the occasional box of ammo. Let the industry get the message.

It's not the industry that is creating the problem.

It is the $7.00 an hour Wal-Mart employee that pockets a $50 bill every time he calls Joe Blow to come intercept the ammo shipment of the day...

It is scalpers buying the ammo after the tip about the shipment to Wal-Mart.

It is the hoarders that won't let the ammo hit the shelf, even though they had to go buy another portable building to store it in so they can sell it for $60 per 100 on Gun Broker.

It is retailers that allow the supply to be bought by low-life's before it goes on the shelves.

It is the panic buyers that feel like the ammo will never be avl. again.

It is Obama and his minions.

Until it calms down, and demand is squelched, it will continue.

I do feel like the ammo manufacturers are producing all they can. Why not? I mean it's not like there are no orders for ammo...

I'm surprised that the insanity has lasted this long with not many signs of the problem correcting itself. It may continue until Obama and his like are out of office. I hope not, but it may...
Well all of that requires a buyer...and we would be best off if such buyers took a few months off. That's what I'm getting at.

It doesn't matter if there is some great conspiracy in how the ammo is obtained. The issue is the demand. We need to lessen the demand, and everything will come back to normal.

But as long as demand is irrational and unreasonable, then prices and supply will follow suit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, do you need a run down on anything else I was doing today? I mean, I went to the grocery store, my business, AAA to get some maps..........

Well, I guess that you could explain your need to try and be a horses ass. miles

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Well, I guess that you could explain your need to try and be a horses ass. miles

no problem 'splaning that aspect Miles. All was good until you showed YOUR azz. laugh Now, have we insulted each other enough? Can we move on?

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of you need to hang out on the larger gun forums like AR15.COM and see when someone post that a site or retailer has .22 in stock. It literally takes seconds for a thousand people to see the thread and instantly order everything they have or drive down there and pick it up. Nothing more than never before seen demand.

Another retailer posted they had 3 sea containers full of imported ammo and posted pics. They sold out (3) 40' containers in less than 2 minutes after the post.

Lots of demand from people you may or may not hang around.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bought some CCI HP LR for $6 last week

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
some years it pays to stock up on plywood

some years .22 ammo

wish I could figure it out the year before instead of the year after

we damn sure better hope the Chinese don't start plinking (gulp)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think the Chinese make our plywood now because the EPA determined the bonding agent was not safe for American workers. Same thing goes for black pipe (gas). They coat it in China because it's not safe for use to do so.
So we text and drive.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All was good until you showed YOUR azz.

I expect you was one before you ever heard of me. miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Eley tenex is only 7 dollars per box of fifty higher than a reputable dealer I use. CTD can go to hell before I ever buy a thing from them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All was good until you showed YOUR azz.

I expect you was one before you ever heard of me. miles

well then, let me stay in character , with a hearty '[bleep] you'. laugh

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,199
Posts18,503,622
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.