Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I'm biased but have to say that BC has it all - ocean, rivers, lakes, mountains, climate, you name it. Unlike the odd BC'er though I truly also like the ethnic diversity here, it makes for a much better Province ( and Country ).
I do have a soft spot for the people of Alta and Sask tho'. Both sides of our family are from rural Sask and you couldn't meet a better, kinder bunch of people.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Tulameen
I'm biased but have to say that BC has it all - ocean, rivers, lakes, mountains, climate, you name it. Unlike the odd BC'er though I truly also like the ethnic diversity here, it makes for a much better Province ( and Country ).
I do have a soft spot for the people of Alta and Sask tho'. Both sides of our family are from rural Sask and you couldn't meet a better, kinder bunch of people.
I'd second that,mywife's extended family farms out out of Leader and Sceptre Saskatchewan and the folks we have met back there are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.I found that the small towns in Montana were filled with the same goodnaturedness.My kind of people!Monasahee

Last edited by Monashee; 07/11/13.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last week on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Speaking to the variety in BC, we had snow topped mountains in view while walking the beach...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A month earlier on Vancouver Island.

[Linked Image]

And closer to my home, Harrison Lake a few miles above Harrison Hot Springs.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Okanagan; 07/17/13.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Actually you Canucks are pretty darn lucky...

as an American who has been to pretty much most of the civilised parts of Canada and much of the sparsely populated parts.... I don't recall being anywhere, that was not a joy to be there and plenty to appreciate...

Mother Nature certainly blessed Canada...

The only curse I can think of about Canada's beauty, is few of us have enough time in a lifetime to see it all..

eh? whistle grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I do not wish to "politicize" this thread as I did not initiate it, however, I think that the "luck" of which you speak is now largely an illusion due to the issues we Canadians are encumbered with and this is also the case with the USA.

However, I DO see an awakening coming and the long era of vile government treachery MAY be coming to an end here as Canadians begin to see what has been done to our country by that minority of "profit-hungry" sleazy business types posing as "concerned" Canadians.

I thing, "SF" that you and I and many others share this concern and will continue to fight for what is ours and keep our lands forever as our founding ancestors intended......

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Personally I love the US desert, Grand Canyon and most of Arizona and Nevada. Also this part of the US is pretty blessed with mild winter weather.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tangozulu
Personally I love the US desert, Grand Canyon and most of Arizona and Nevada. Also this part of the US is pretty blessed with mild winter weather.

I grew up in desert and love the feel of the air. The towering red rock of the Four Corners area is my wife's favorite place for us to vacation-- but I wouldn't want to live there. We went to Mesa Verde and the fabulous cliff dwellings on a late Fall day with falling snow, and then Canyon de Chelly the next morning with a couple of inches of fresh snow under cloudless skies.

If a person could only see one place in the SW, I'd recommend Canyon de Chelly way over Grand Canyon. Monument Valley is stunningly majestic as well. But I'd rather live in BC. Here on the Coast winters are mild as well --- as are summers!

Last edited by Okanagan; 07/19/13.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, AscensionIndustries, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 1,213 guests, and 668 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,226
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.