"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think he lied about the struggle for the gun. And about the ;"You're gonna die tonite". I've said that from the git-go.

I doubt Martin ever saw the gun.

So... if he lied about how it ended, why should I believe him about how it started?

He fits the Wannabe Cop profile as well as Martin fits the Wannabe Gangsta profile.

I also doubt that Martin ever actually SAW the gun; it was dark and rainy and the gun was concealed in an ISW holster behind Zimmerman 's hip. However, as they struggled on the ground, Martin could have touched the gun while wrestling with Zimmerman and this led Zimmerman to conclude hat Martin was going for it. Fearing for his life, Zimmerman could have pulled it and fired.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by isaac
DJS,

What is your excuse for such blatant BS?
-------

Excellent bourbon.

No excuse Bob - but DID the prosecutor show front and back photos of Zimmerman? I asked you how you'd address this to a jury since a lack of grass and water stains (on a rainy night, if correct) might be interpreted as Z not being on the ground.

Frankly, I don't know what happened and I sincerely hope Z is found "Not Guilty".

Witnesses saw TM on top of Z. Talk about grass and water stains all you want.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's possible that TM felt the gun with his leg as he was straddling GZ. Maybe he thought it was cellphone and didn't realize the danger. Maybe the struggle was for the "cellphone". Maybe GZ was quick enough on the draw that TM never knew it was a gun.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. The only thing to go on is GZ's statements.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
The legal experts on TV are all over the place regarding the prosecution's closing arguments. I've seen a dozen or so comment today and there's a lot of varying opinions.

Their opinions on whether GZ is guilty of either charge is more consistent though. The majority believes that GZ is innocent although they have doubts about how the jury will rule.

I know it shouldn't be a direct comparison but how the public sees this trial seems to split along the same lines as politics.

Republican = GZ is innocent
Democrat = GZ is guilty

Therefore I say ... hung jury.

GZ had a gun
TM didn't.

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Ironman65
Originally Posted by djs
DJS,

-------

Excellent bourbon.

No excuse Bob - but DID the prosecutor show front and back photos of Zimmerman? I asked you how you'd address this to a jury since a lack of grass and water stains (on a rainy night, if correct) might be interpreted as Z not being on the ground.

Frankly, I don't know what happened and I sincerely hope Z is found "Not Guilty".

Witnesses saw TM on top of Z. Talk about grass and water stains all you want.

I haven't been watching the whole trial, but one TV commentator said 2 people testified that Zimmerman was on top and one person testified that Martin was on top.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by djs
DJS,

-------

Excellent bourbon.

The police investigator testified that the back of Zimmerman's jacket and pants were wet along with grass on the jacket. Nothing was said about stains. Stains are not mandatory. Plus, the investigator testified that knees/shin area of Trayvon's pants were wet.

You also had the PA establish during the closing argument that Trayvon was on top when he mounted the mannequin. How much more do you want to overlook that Zimmerman was on his back?

Edited to add: Due to the picture and they type of material of the jacket it doesn't lend to being able to tell what parts are wet or not. I will take the investigator's word that they were wet since he could touch it.

Last edited by Longbob; 07/11/13.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's possible that TM felt the gun with his leg as he was straddling GZ. Maybe he thought it was cellphone and didn't realize the danger. Maybe the struggle was for the "cellphone". Maybe GZ was quick enough on the draw that TM never knew it was a gun.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. The only thing to go on is GZ's statements.

Agree.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by djs
DJS,

-------

Excellent bourbon.

The police investigator testified that the back of Zimmerman's jacket and pants were wet along with grass on the jacket. Nothing was said about stains. Stains are not mandatory. Plus, the investigator testified that knees/shin area of Trayvon's pants were wet.

You also had the PA establish during the closing argument that Trayvon was on top when he mounted the mannequin. How much more do you want to overlook that Zimmerman was on his back?

Edited to add: Due to the picture and they type of material of the jacket it doesn't lend to being able to tell what parts are wet or not. I will take the investigator's word that they were wet since he could touch it.

Don't know who's right or not, but here's the picture used by the prosecutor (cut and paste link).

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=photo+of+George+zimmerman+back&start=493&um=1&sa=N&biw=1536&bih=712&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=0PmB5lGgDzQOiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/justice/florida-zimmerman-5-things&docid=oIDcuiaQctopcM&imgurl=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120517114117-zimmerman-back-vertical-gallery.jpg&w=270&h=360&ei=2XzfUfXfGIWx4AOX_YDYCw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:7,s:500,i:25&iact=rc&page=21&tbnh=191&tbnw=143&ndsp=23&tx=76&ty=108

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good grief, stop watching those idiots on TV and watch for yourself. People testified that they thought the "bigger" man was on top. That doesn't mean zimmerman, that just means that they thought the man on top was bigger than the one on the bottom. From several yards away in the dark TM could have easily looked bigger than Zimmerman who was on bottom and mostly covered up by Trayvon straddling him. The one witness who had an actual description of the man on top described TM and the cloths he was wearing.

The police report said that TM had wet marks on his knees ONLY, and that GZ had wet marks on the back of his coat and pants ONLY. The State has said a lot of things in this trial because they have no actual evidence, they are trying to mislead the jury into having doubt about self defense rather than proving without a reasonable doubt that GZ committed 2nd degree murder.

Last edited by heavywalker; 07/11/13.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have seen that pic. It looks like a fleece jacket. It would be hard to tell if fleece is wet or not from a pic. The one sure fire way is to touch it like the investigator did.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That photo looks to be taken at the police station. How long after the incident was the photo taken, 15 minutes? 4 hours? That is just a classic case of the State cherry picking what little evidence they can find to suit their case. Without a timeline on the photo I wouldn't put much weight in it.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Good grief, stop watching those idiots on TV and watch for yourself. People testified that they thought the "bigger" man was on top. That doesn't mean zimmerman, that just means that they thought the man on top as bigger than the one on the bottom. From several yards away in the dark TM could have easily looked bigger than Zimmerman who was on bottom and mostly covered up by Trayvon straddling him. The one witness who had an actual description of the man on top described TM and the closes he was wearing.

The police report said that TM had wet marks on his knees ONLY, and that GZ had wet marks on the back of his coat and pants ONLY. The defense has said a lot of things in this trial because they have no actual evidence, they are trying to mislead the jury into having doubt about self defense rather than proving without a reasonable doubt that GZ committed 2nd degree murder.

Is that what you meant to say?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Good grief, stop watching those idiots on TV and watch for yourself. People testified that they thought the "bigger" man was on top. That doesn't mean zimmerman, that just means that they thought the man on top as bigger than the one on the bottom. From several yards away in the dark TM could have easily looked bigger than Zimmerman who was on bottom and mostly covered up by Trayvon straddling him. The one witness who had an actual description of the man on top described TM and the closes he was wearing.

The police report said that TM had wet marks on his knees ONLY, and that GZ had wet marks on the back of his coat and pants ONLY. The Defense[b][/b] has said a lot of things in this trial because they have no actual evidence, they are trying to mislead the jury into having doubt about self defense rather than proving without a reasonable doubt that GZ committed 2nd degree murder.

Pretty sure you meant prosecution.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yeah I meant State/prosecution

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
OK, I'm trying to read this thread, and I can't get to the end because it is growing faster than I can read.

Why no objections during the prosecution's summation? Napoleon Bonaparte had several interesting maxims. One of them was: Never interrupt your adversary while he is making a mistake. The defense can hammer them tomorrow.

LtPowell's comment that he has never seen a jury err in favor of the prosecution is interesting, and comforting.

Be not weary in well doing.
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
My analogy earlier in this thread would match Napolean's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think he lied about the struggle for the gun. And about the ;"You're gonna die tonite". I've said that from the git-go.

I doubt Martin ever saw the gun.

So... if he lied about how it ended, why should I believe him about how it started?

He fits the Wannabe Cop profile as well as Martin fits the Wannabe Gangsta profile.

I also doubt that Martin ever actually SAW the gun; it was dark and rainy and the gun was concealed in an ISW holster behind Zimmerman 's hip. However, as they struggled on the ground, Martin could have touched the gun while wrestling with Zimmerman and this led Zimmerman to conclude hat Martin was going for it. Fearing for his life, Zimmerman could have pulled it and fired.

One little statement that could go either way here.
During the walk through, Mr Zimmerman made a comment to the effect that when he shot, he did not know he connected?

That it was TradeMark saying ' you got me! ' that Zimmerman thought the fight changed.

It was then that Mr Zimmerman was trying to subdue the thug, face down.

I would have liked to hear that the shot had more effect on taking the fight out of the equation.

Understand, that is my only shadow of doubt.
One very minuscule part of the equation that does not fit. Admitting that talking about the shot that took a life should have some irregularity. I give just one point to team lynch-mob.

That still.makes the score, to me, 999 - 1 for the defense.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Non-lawyer opinion as to why no objections ...

The prosecution wasn't proving anything. Why interrupt and risk the negatives when there's no real need to do it?

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Non-lawyer opinion as to why no objections ...

The prosecution wasn't proving anything. Why interrupt and risk the negatives when there's no real need to do it?

Agreed.

My previous statement...

I too think there should have been objections. But the defense may have let things go because the prosecution was just rambling.

Why stop the rambling, and allow them to refocus and make them aware of their short comings.

Page 83 of 116 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,658
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.