Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 145 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 144 145
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nice height gauge and granite surface plate.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Somebody is not looking at the set of bark ivory on the right side. Which one gets that Rick?

Last edited by mike_e_miller; 07/12/13.
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mike_e_miller
Somebody is not looking at the set of bark ivory on the right side. Which one gets that Rick?

Mike ,we were all hypnotized!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see that bark. It looks very nice. It would look good on any of them.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I sure as hell been looking' at that ivory...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by cranky72
a visit to rick;s shop will enlighten customers as to why he does'nt answer many calls & e-mails since he is a part time maker alone while he's working. if not for his amazing lack of waste in his movements & almost no mistakes; his production would be a lot less. a true handmade knife that starts with bars of steel & sheets of liner material, slabs of handle material & small long rods of material to make the pins plus cutting of shields is no small achivement. i wish everyone could watch his grinding of the metal bars to the knife profile . believe me his handheld blade being finally profiled plus the very slim tapered tang is marvelous.--cranky72

I truly believe that is a God given talent.

Remember in 'Man on Fire' when Christopher Walken said "A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece."
Well Rick is that damn good at his craft of making knives...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
LIKE! Well put.

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was a great movie.

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yours ?

IC B3

VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Yours ?

Yeah Baby

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Rick is grinding knives to perfection these days, but his artistic ability of making cutting tools look like jewelry is almost a curse because nobody wants to carry & use them as much as they want to hoard them. IMO, a 2013 knife from rick is the most effective cutting tool that's out there. Very thin grinds, properly heat treated blades, and they hold a wicked sharp edge for a long time. My compliments to Rick for staying true to his core by putting his best effort into function first. And if you want jewelry, Rick can make that too, but the heat treating and thin grinds come as standard equipment. Beautiful knives on your last several posts Rick. You're running out of room for improvement.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chootem_Again
Rick is grinding knives to perfection these days, but his artistic ability of making cutting tools look like jewelry is almost a curse because nobody wants to carry & use them as much as they want to hoard them. IMO, a 2013 knife from rick is the most effective cutting tool that's out there. Very thin grinds, properly heat treated blades, and they hold a wicked sharp edge for a long time. My compliments to Rick for staying true to his core by putting his best effort into function first. And if you want jewelry, Rick can make that too, but the heat treating and thin grinds come as standard equipment. Beautiful knives on your last several posts Rick. You're running out of room for improvement.

Well said...!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VinceM
[Linked Image]

Is that the 'Western Trapper' pattern...?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I agree about the knives but not the not carrying/using them. I carry my E. Ivory trapper everyday. It is a replica of the trapper on the tomato pick.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
VinceM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RenoH414

I agree about the knives but not the not carrying/using them. I carry my E. Ivory trapper everyday. It is a replica of the trapper on the tomato pick.

Reno

Reno , all knife enthusiasts will handle this issue with a different approach. But for the ultimate in satisfaction,yours wins!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vince I guess the way I look at it is that it is a beautiful knife and I love to carry/fondle it. It does get the little swirl marks in the bolsters from being in my pocket but to me that is a very small price to pay to get to carry perfection with me everyday. I do realize, and understand, why people don't carry them and that is very much so their choice. I can not/would not fault anyone for that but for me I guess I went the other way. The only real issue is always having to wipe the drool off of it when I show it to other guys. Lol.

Oh and by the way.....stop torturing us with pics of the stag western. Lol. Just kidding buddy, I love looking at that thing. You are a lucky man with that one.

Reno

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can understand it either way but I force myself to carry my fancy stuff.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I just make a new one to carry once in a while, and leave Rick and Brett's and the others on the shelf where they belong, although I will admit my wife uses Rick's parer daily. smile

Last edited by mtnman1; 07/16/13.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No Home! Building it to get some pictures.
Originally Posted by mike_e_miller

Page 37 of 145 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 144 145

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,489
Posts18,490,354
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.