Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ive been considering this for a while, and have decided to offer my Photo collection for sale here on the forum before taking the hard road and selling them individually on fleabay.

Some may look at my asking price of 2790.00 and say "your nuts" but it is discounted from what I actually have invested. I believe it to be one of the nicest collection of original photographs, real photo post cards, production post cards, news paper archive photos and snap shots centered around the savage rifles that you will find.

Of the 186 photos, one is a reproduction image, eight are post 1950, and one is a risqu� slide. Sixteen are production type postcards.

Most are 1899/99s, three 1895s and two that have savage .22 rifles.

Notable people in the collection are
Marin Sais, silent film star
Bob Waterfield and his wife Jane Russel
Osa Johnson with a Mt. Lion(Her first US hunt)
Richard Bong and his father
Fess Parker
Theodore & Mrs Waldeck, explorers who went looking for Paul Redfern in 1937.

There are photos from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Bolivia and Latvia.

Animals included in the photos are White tail, Mule deer, Coyote, Bear, Snake, Bobcat, Bald Eagle, Elk, Moose, Wolf, Mt Lion, Turkeys, Mt Goat, Ducks, Ocelot and various trapped critters.

Price is firm. Photos are nicely placed in an album as displayed at the last Savage Fest.

Last edited by Grogel_Deluxe; 07/03/13.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope somebody buys the whole collection and keeps it in one piece. You've gone to a lot of work in putting this together and it is a tremendous gathering of pictures. Good luck with the sale Gary.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Rod, Its been a lot of fun searching. Here is a photo of the album from Rory's fest pics. Photos are attached to acid free paper with acid free corners and are easily removable. Pages are loaded into top load plastic sleeves.
[Linked Image]

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gary, fix that bloody heading mate. I thought whoa an uncatalogued 99, called a Poto. LOL

I also hope its kept in one piece, would loved to have made over to a fest and looked through it.

Johno

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Fixed it, Thanks smile Im better with pictures than words grin

Remembering The 99
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn Gary, would love to have it but just can't afford it just now but at least I've got your book. Hope your offer to sell works out for you.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell thats is only $15 each, thats a bargin only trouble is when I convert it to NZ $ it gets a bit scary because I havn't won lotto yet
I would like to see sombody try to put a collection like that together & really work out how much time & money it would cost.
I hope sombody buys to collection as a whole it would be a shame to split it up
Best of luck Gary
Cheers

One in the hand is better than two in the bush

Graham
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kiwi
Hell thats is only $15 each, thats a bargin only trouble is when I convert it to NZ $ it gets a bit scary because I havn't won lotto yet
I would like to see sombody try to put a collection like that together & really work out how much time & money it would cost.
I hope sombody buys to collection as a whole it would be a shame to split it up
Best of luck Gary
Cheers

Gary does this mean that there will not be a second book?

Did the first not sell well enough??

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It does Norm, but not because of sales. I was surprised and grateful that it sold as many as it did.

Remembering The 99
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you did a great job on a beautiful book .

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1000

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Make Sure You Don't Sell My Photo's grin

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Hey Make Sure You Don't Sell My Photo's grin
whistle grin

Remembering The 99
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here is a cool ebay photo that I missed the end of, it would have been cool to ad seal to the collection.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKIMO-SEAL...ostcard-c1940-JACOBS-Photo-/140986678479

Remembering The 99
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gary,

Those of us who've gotten a chance to know you through your postings here over the years are well aware that this collection was a labor of love for you. It would sure be nice to see this collection stay a part of the Campfire family, but sadly, it's out of my range. This must be a bittersweet decision for you, but I hope you are able to find a buyer who will appreciate these photos as much as we have over the years here on the 'Fire.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does Savage hav a museum, if so it might be nice to donate them to Savage. Just thinking.

READ THE BIBLE-IT WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU!
NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
NRA Endowment Life Member
US Air Force Retired,Phantom Phixer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chip
Does Savage hav a museum, if so it might be nice to donate them to Savage. Just thinking.

That's a great idea.

When I am ready to get out of it, I think I will donate my whole collection to Savage. God knows my errs or I won't need or be interested in the money.

whistle

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Here is a cool ebay photo that I missed the end of, it would have been cool to ad seal to the collection.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKIMO-SEAL...ostcard-c1940-JACOBS-Photo-/140986678479

Gary I have a savage -either a 22HP or 250 that came out of the frozen north ,my then brother in law was with the coast guard and when they were ashore snooping around one day he picked up a rusty savage barrel and action [no internals] would have been mid to late 60s. I still have it smile

norm

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ive been resisting buying any new photos as I consider how Ill move the ones I have on to someone else, but sometimes the temptation is great. Say a special order stock combined with some unusual game for a rifle. (These are still available)

This is post marked 1913 Orillia, Ont.

[Linked Image]

Remembering The 99
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1899C w/pistol grip and shotgun buttplate? Nice!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.