Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I remain with two questions that hasn't hardly been answered yet: and they are 1) did the earliest humans have a tail about 6 inches long? does anyone know for sure?
and number 2) did Adam and Eve both have a belly-button? if not, why not?

so, we have unanswered quandaries on our hands. I like the Story of Gilgamesh. ya know, those aliens, aka as the Fates, as they develop humankind on the Earth. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Do you believe that the Creator of the universe could have used evolution as a means to achieve His creative objectives...?

no

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'd like for someone to explain to me how 15K years ago, man looked at a grass plant with kernals the size of pepper flakes that wouldnt even prosses in his digestive tract, and made the desision to carry out the 2000 year project of selectivly breeding it inot an edible ceral/ grain. While over the enitire span of 2000 years no caloric benifit could be obtained...

Beer. And, I'm not kidding.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
OMG! just to help from a recollection standpoint, everyone needs to go back and read Daniel Quinn's cult classic, My Ishmael.

it'll help to get everyone up to speed. later, the reading of Thomas Cahill's classic, How the Irish Saved Western Civilization will also help enlighten the masses.

evolution is happening as we speak, but how did Life come to be? now, that's the question, isn't it?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
evolution is happening as we speak, but how did Life come to be? now, that's the question, isn't it?

Gus, that is called abiogenesis, and it is a seperate question from evolution. Once that first population of single celled organism came into being, differentiation began.

How those first cells came into being is it's own complex question.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus, that is called abiogenesis, and it is a seperate question from evolution. Once that first population of single celled organism came into being, differentiation began.

amazingly, you and I are in agreement. so, we accept that evolution is proceeding as we speak. but, for the record, how did that first life form, the first one-celled lifeform come into existence? we'd all like to know.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'd like for someone to explain to me how 15K years ago, man looked at a grass plant with kernals the size of pepper flakes that wouldnt even prosses in his digestive tract, and made the desision to carry out the 2000 year project of selectivly breeding it inot an edible ceral/ grain. While over the enitire span of 2000 years no caloric benifit could be obtained...

Earliest bread was for making beer, it wasn't for eating. Anchorstein in CA made a batch of it a few years back.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
but, for the record, how did that first life form, the first one-celled lifeform come into existence? we'd all like to know.
Science has been working on that question for a while, and has some theories, but because we don't know precisely the environment in which it occurred, it's a very difficult question to precisely answer ... that is, without a time machine.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Antlers: Don't know if there WAS a creator of the universe, or how life began. DO know that yes, evolution is happening. And in some places the process is really fast, faster then Darwin knew. A good book on this subject: The Beak of the Finch, by Jonathan Weiner. It won the Pulitzer prize and the publication date is 1995. A good book for adults and adolescents learning about evolution. All the Best.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

amazingly, you and I are in agreement. so, we accept that evolution is proceeding as we speak. but, for the record, how did that first life form, the first one-celled lifeform come into existence? we'd all like to know.

Gus, let me give you a mind blowing thought.

In 2 billion years when the sun goes red giant and consumes the Earth, our descendents (if they have not escaped this rock) will be as different from us as we are from that first single cell organism.....

Now take a good long hit on your bong......and contemplate THAT!!

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Evolution? Yes of course it happened. Even the deluded who believe in fairies and pixies are starting to accept the mounting and overwhelming proof of evolution. Eventually humans will be rid of their gods as well and except the idea that there is no "creator". We just are.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

Earliest bread was for making beer, it wasn't for eating. Anchorstein in CA made a batch of it a few years back.

Great, I got a picture of a dozen slop headed hairy middle easteners trying to tack together a bar with no hammer or nails!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Gus, let me give you a mind blowing thought.

In 2 billion years when the sun goes red giant and consumes the Earth, our descendents (if they have not escaped this rock) will be as different from us as we are from that first single cell organism.....

Now take a good long hit on your bong......and contemplate THAT!!

Seen the Walmart pics...I believe you!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Evolution? Sure no doubt about it. However there is some Power out there that controls it and guides it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Evolution? Sure no doubt about it. However there is some Power out there that controls it and guides it.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Please give us your single best piece of evidence to support this claim.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ha. Not to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by websterparish47

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Please give us your single best piece of evidence to support this claim.

AS,

Read your bible! You won't have to go very far.

Genesis 1:24 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creatures, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth: and it was so.

Ray
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Do you believe that the Creator of the universe could have used evolution as a means to achieve His creative objectives...?

For the animals, maybe. eek

But I never descended from any ape. YMMV

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

Actually, no one said you did. You descended from an animal that from which apes also descended.

Just as you didn't descend from your cousin nor your cousin from you. But you both have a common ancestor.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

Actually, no one said you did....... But you both have a common ancestor.

That paleontologists have yet to produce. But they are "certain" its out there....somewhere.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6MMWASP, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 10 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,654
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.