Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Never was a bourbon guy but I saw a bottle in the liquor store today and bought it after all the rave reviews here.....Pretty good.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try Makers Mark.............

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bulleit's even better. And Knob Creek 'Single Barrel Reserve' is the nectar of the Gods...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Bulleit's even better. And Knob Creek 'Single Barrel Reserve' is the nectar of the Gods...!

I actually find that one a bit hot going down.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Hot damn...I'd just as soon drink diesel fuel!! eek crazy

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

MM

I have some and cant give it away! I admit im not a drinker, but this is some nasty stuff sick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hardway
Never was a bourbon guy but I saw a bottle in the liquor store today and bought it after all the rave reviews here.....Pretty good.
Rave reviews? It's all right but isn't favorite of the real whiskey guys here. It is maybe a step above regular Beam which is considerably cheaper. As was said, in the same vague price range, Bulleit is better. Henry McKenna is cheaper and better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick

MM

I have some and cant give it away! I admit im not a drinker, but this is some nasty stuff sick
Maker's was THE whiskey here on the 'fire until some people discovered a cool Buffalo on the label of one that cost about the same. Since then its been hardly mentioned.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Old grand dad is where its at

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

MM

Maker's was THE whiskey here on the 'fire until some people discovered a cool Buffalo on the label of one that cost about the same. Since then its been hardly mentioned.

Advertising can get ya grin Im just not into whiskey. I can do jack and coke or some yukon and coke. But never could take anything like that straight. I can get some Midnight Moon down good, but from now on ill stick to uncle mikes lemonade...lol. That makers mark though, tried giving it away and nobody I know likes it. Itll find its way into the toilet once im tired of lookin at it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

MM

I've had my fair share of both and my choice has nothing to do with the picture on the label-I'll take Buffalo Trace every time over Maker's Mark in their price range. To me, MM is just too harsh, and this is coming from a guy who drinks some of the cheaper wbiskeys, bourbons and scotches out there and I have no trouble tipping any of those cheaper brands bottom up and pulling straight from the bottle. Believe me, I'm no sissy when it comes to drinking straight whiskies, whether from a glass with a bit of ice or straight from the bottle or even tossing back a double shot, neat.

Maker's just has too harsh a finish for many to find it enjoyable, even a guy who handles whiskey like I do.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bookers, Bakers, Basil Haydens are all very good and not too expensive.
Makers is great with a couple rocks, if you do that sort of thing with bourbon.
For mixing, an EW Black and 7 or ginger ale is just as good as many more expensive.
Cheers

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Tried a bottle myself after reading about it here. Was decent enough, but wasn't overly impressed. But then again I'm content with some Beam.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My girlfriend and I sat down with Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Makers 46, Colorado Gold, Wild Turkey 101, Judges Choice ( another local made from Olathe Sweet Corn), Breckenridge Bourbon, and Knob Creek two nights ago. Buffalo Trace seemed pretty harsh in comparison. The Wild Turkey was way up there, Breck Bourbon and Woodford too. Below that was the Colorado Gold, Makers 46, Knob Creek and Judges Choice. That bottom end was just much harsher and with little taste or depth compared to the mostly run of the mill Scotches and Irish I've been playing with.

Heard lots of good things about Buffalo Trace here and wasn't impressed at all.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buffalo Trace and Makers Mark are a little harsh if you drink them neat.. Where they shine is with the folks who like to splash a little water on their bourbon, and despite what you read, there are plenty who don't drink straight up whisky. I drink it in a highball or a Dixie cup filled with ice and a healthy splash of tap water. I don't do neat...unless its IPA or Brown Lager. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rowan's Creek is still tops in my book.

Sam......

S
saj Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Eagle Rare

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by antlers

I actually find that one a bit hot going down.

Yep

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 63 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,807
Posts18,516,344
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.