Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,156 of 1,842 1 2 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There are no window tint citations until dave drives his old snow plow truck to work in a rainstorm and gets pulled over by a 15 yr old, lop eared, punk ass, rookie trooper.

mad

Worse part is, I HATE that window tint! The bubba that I bought the truck from put it on there and I haven't had time to peel it.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Was it a money ticket or a fix it ticket?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you say "come meow, is this necessary?" "you have a nice day meow" grin
(think Super Troopers)

For real.... I didn't think anyone got those tickets anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If it was a fix it or warning... I would have referred to the officer as a nice young man, rather than a lop eared punk ass rookie super cop.

But I'm over it.

Life is too short for anger, cant hang on to that stuff, it's toxic.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sad that the trooper was a a--hole. FNG's were a pain in the a-- to work with, trooper school fries their brains and generally puts them on a power trip. Most grow up and out of this phase.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave has failed in his bid to become the next Chuck Norris. Otherwise, the kid would have offered to clean Dave's windows for him by hand.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Did he pull over for the window tint? Never heard of that. Down here they just fail your inspection if its too dark. Sometimes it takes me a while to get over stuff like that and once I calm down I realize it wasn't that big of a deal.

Last edited by gmiller; 07/18/13.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We have a lot of cops and very little crime.... So.... yeah.

Troopers in my county will pull you over for a dirty license plate, they will pull you over for a receiver and ball plugged into your receiver hitch port on a pickup and claim that it partially obstructs clear view of the license plate. They will pull you over for "suspended objects" hanging from rear view mirror, even if the item is as small as a cross hanging from a string, or in my case... a few elk teeth hanging from a string. And yes they will pull you over for window tint or suspicion of window tint.

If they feel the need or are instructed to bring in more revenue, they will find an excuse to pull anyone over.

Hey, the weekend is nearly here and I'm looking forward to it.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Revenue procurement. That is the purpose of 50%+ of LE in this area. Crime tends to take care of itself. Thanks for going above and beyond ND. There will be a welfare case somewhere eating lobster while you peel tint. :P

Suppose Chickenbuck got 2" of rain as well? That should help keep the dust down on the trail.....

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Send some of that rain my way will ya. Getting mighty dry around here.

92* here at noon and very, very humid.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We might have to put the water wings on to get into camp tomorrow.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's hot here but I'm not complaining....after the winter and spring we had, no way. I'll take it. I'll sweat my balls off at work but I'll take it. I get to wear shorts when I get home anyway!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I am complaining. I hate hot weather. I wont complain about the cold, but I will about the hot.

Of course I am in shorts and a tshirt in my air conditioned office....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
95.4*. I don't like the heat.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
96.3 here. I don't like it either. Time for beer and retreat to a cool basement to do some reloading and trigger mods.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Of course I am in shorts and a tshirt in my air conditioned office....

Hey....don't forget about the mini-van

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Dave has failed in his bid to become the next Chuck Norris. Otherwise, the kid would have offered to clean Dave's windows for him by hand.

when chuck Norris gets pulled over he lets the cop off with a warning, usually.

was 99 today at work, hot and dry, wish we could get 2" of rain! I'm glad I irrigated last week, food plots are loving it.
I'll be home alone all weekend, be kinda weird having no kids or wife around. part of me says it will be awesome guy time, the dad in me realizes I'll be wishing they were home before the taillights are out of view frown

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How was the shoot Brent?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tz, it was GRAND! It was a series of National championship matches of different disciplines over a 2 week period. I shot poorly in some of them (lever gun silhouette) and fairly well in some others. But the big match for me is BPCR silhouette. Basically it is buffalo rifles on the high power silhouette range with iron sights over 2 days. That was the last match and I did well there winning my class and coming in 5th over all I believe. Had a sudden death shoot off and won that on the first shot. So, it was a great time.

For you guys with kids that like to shoot, the Whittington center is available to all NRA members. They have full service campgrounds, primitive campgrounds, and even some small cabins that they rent to individuals or families. You can go and just have fun shooting at the different ranges or you can shoot in the national matches (depending on the disciplines you aspire to).

At the Cowboy Lever Silhouette matches there are lots of families - some are 3 generations and everyone from grandma to little sis shoot and compete. They come year after year. The .22 BPCR silhouette is similarly attended by families and mixed generations, etc.

People come from all over - including 4 people from Australia this year. All that way for a single 2-day match. Great fun and the Whit is something like 60,000 acres of beautiful SW oak/pinion/grassland with mountains to the north and plains to the south.

Go for a day, a week, a month or all summer. You just can't beat it.

This commericial will now end - with a few picts from several years of shooting there every summer.

A view from the 1000 yds line - the funnest shooting ever
[Linked Image]

1000 yds and 3.5 seconds from muzzle to target
[Linked Image]

Mike Venturino (well known gun writer and author) bearing down on a jumping steel chicken at the silhouette range
[Linked Image]

Wildlife wander with impunity around the Whit like here in the middle of a relay on the silhouette range. Deer and antelope and bears are dime a dozen. There are 324 steel targets on this range alone.
[Linked Image]

This woman is showing my shooting partner some pins she won at matches at Bisley (she came over from England). She is hell with a flintlock, but the buffalo rifles were no so good to her.
[Linked Image]

Well, that's all that I have handy. Not many scenery shots but there is beautiful scenery in all directions. and many more shooting ranges than just the few shown here.

Sorry for all the lengthy commercial, but you might get the idea that I sorta like going there.
Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very cool.

Not much to report here, Joe and I drove out to camp and tried to mow the grass but the old dog damaged mower just wouldn't run for us. So we sprayed for bugs and lit the refrigerator, then picked some berries on our way out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7409_zps9f9ee62c.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

Page 1,156 of 1,842 1 2 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.