Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Imo , this thread is an advertisement. Rick Bin runs a business here and promoting gear through this site is how he gets paid . You don't run promotive threads with links to the merchants site without paying. The fact that Sreekers opened this thread means he is part of the promotion team and the review is an advertisement also. There may be valuable information in the review but it is far from impartial. I hope the pack is everything that it's promoted as. I know for a certainty that Seek Outside is supporting Paradox Packs and denial of this fact puzzels me. When you hide ads as honest reviews and and lie about and obfuscate the the facts it leads me to distrust any claim made. I have personally talked with Nathan and found him most helpful and pleasant and I admire that he has designed a pack and is chasing his dreams but the way it is being marketed leaves me less than enamored of his pack for no other reason than his marketing conduct.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 07/22/13.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
WTFF? I want to read about new gear however the hell I can and this is a good way to do it. Take your axe grinding elsewhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I smell koolaid

mercy triumphs over judgement
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Dave

SO is a longtime campfire sponsor. There has been no hiding the Paradox / SO affiliation. It has been mentioned on SO's site and FB page for a long time.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

[/quote]

Dave, "affiliated" in the context you originally used it implied a business or monetary connection. That is a false allegation. Let me spell this out for you very clearly. Scott and I both write for SO's blog. That is an UNPAID position. Further, I have NO business connection to Seek Outside. Paradox Packs is a solitary entity, not a subsidiary. This can easily be verified by searching the Colorado Secretary of State's website.

I don't think we have a need to "disclose" anything. [/quote]

As you were saying Kevin.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

As you were saying Kevin.

Dave, really? We've said for weeks that SO and Paradox are sister companies. My post that you quoted is absolutely accurate.

Last edited by RockChucker30; 07/22/13.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
This whole thing of disclosure is rather pointless at this stage in the road. The Paradox pack isn't available for purchase yet. As soon as it is anyone is welcome to buy one and post what ever they find. Review away as the case may be.

As far as Scott's review, he and the other reviewers are reviewing packs that are already on the market in addition to the Paradox. Nathan and Kevin are somewhat running a risk of including a pack that may not be in it's final form.

That said, I have no stake in Paradox packs and very limited business dealings with SO. I have however written gear reviews for a number of magazines over the past 25 years. Some of those magazines include Climbing, Sea Kayaker, Successful Hunter, UltraRunning and Trail Runner.

Ed T

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In reply to a previous post. I have purchased two packs directly from kifaru with no dicount or incentive and one used Kifaru Sawtooth tent off their forum trading post. I am a consumer of their gear and that is the extent of my financial relationship with Kifaru. I have been completely satisfied with my purchases. I have no doubt of Ed T's experience , willingness to provide helpful guidance , and his genuine decency. I was simply pointing out that he had a business relationship and personal friendship with a closely related business and underwriter of the pack. In fact , his opinion was the one I would have most trusted and still will. I do stand by the opinion that there is no way that the review being conducted by Sreekers could ever be unbiased. I ment no offense to Ed T and my only real problem is that I find stealth advertising to be offensive. The Paradox my be the best pack ever made but stealth advertising and canned reviews will not be what makes me a believer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Point made Dave. I'd be thankful if you would allow us to get back to topic now.

Nathan

Edit: I should have started a Paradox introduction thread instead of hijacking sreekers. Maybe it would have set the tone? My mistake.

Last edited by RockChucker30; 07/23/13.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for bringing it up Dave. Frankly, it always seemed weird to me too.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh beautiful open forum that blows up in your face

mercy triumphs over judgement
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Take-a-knee , I'm dumb ? Far from it. This entire thread is just an add. The Paradox add disguised in the forum is the appropriate title.

You're right, poor choice of words, you're an azzhole.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Take-a-knee , I'm dumb ? Far from it. This entire thread is just an add. The Paradox add disguised in the forum is the appropriate title.

You're right, poor choice of words, you're an azzhole.

Why, thank you , Take_A_Knee . Coming from such a classy fellow as yourself I take that as a complement. wink.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Less BS about marketing/advertising, and more info/reviews about the pack, please.

Now back to your regular programming...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Imagine... folks actually know each other in the business... who'd'a thunk...

Anyway, if a demo gets passed around for reviews, I'd take it out late fall and get blood on it before sending it back with a review.

Kent

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Give it to krp so I can play with it too on his deer hunt!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I use a MR nice frame in about the same configuration... dry bags with webbing straps/harness I home made. I like the Paradox philosophy and will be interested in the reviews.

Kent

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by krp
I use a MR nice frame ...

Are you a Leprechaun?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Just not a puzzy I guess...

Anyway, the paradox looks to have some serious back venting, which is appealing here in Az. I'll start scouting next month even with the high heat, packing into wilderness.

Like others, I'm pretty much set with a variety of packs... but this could be enough different on the plus side to make me think about it.

Kent

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by krp
Just not a puzzy I guess...

That is for sure. Just be advised that the NICE frame is the same length as an ALICE frame. Ask a chiropractor about the "military neck" phenomenom. He'll clue you in. There is a fine line between hard and stupid. Sometimes the Army goes way over that line to the stupid side. MR made the NICE frame to Army specs. There are far better ways to pack heavy loads.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 35, 16 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.