Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Ringman
I believe folks aren't pissed at the exact numerical value of shipping cost, so much as the fact that they were charged at all.

When my rangefinder dies, based on some of the post here, I will not replace my Leica with a Leica.

I like their stuff, but agree 100%. My next Leica will probably be a Swaro... blush

DF

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My next Leica was a Vortex Ranger 1000. So far, so good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've owned Trinovids and Geovids. The Trinovids are built like a tank and never have needed any service. The Geovids I bought used and I haven't had any problems yet, and don't expect to. I have bought Leica in the past and will continue to do so. Optics just don't get any better IMO.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yep, same here, sent in my previously owned Leica's (bought from an authorized dealer) for a cleaning, a new battery cover (it was scratched up) and to have a small area (1") re-glued by the ocular lens and $138.00 later including shipping I had them back. Like it has been said previously, when you spend thousands of dollars on Bino's you would think the customer service is better. I guess like many others, I have just grown accustomed to Swarovski's customer service.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
leica dude, first of all thanks for showing up!!!!!!! I know some heat has been applied here, but I am here to thank you for at least standing up and saying here I am lets deal with things. I think you can agree that leica hasn't been out front in dealing with issues. if you want to see a company handle issues take a page out of vortex optics book. ask for feedback about them and it will be glowing, WHY. because they have a very active and proactive group that is savy to internet forums and responds to questions and comments. I could email vortex right now about a product suggestion and they would email me back within one day. vortex products aren't perfect they are built by other companies and private labeled by vortex so there have been ALOT more issues I would wager with vortex products than leica. but its how you respond to a problem that makes the difference.

my suggestion is leica needs a team of people that coordinate PR and warranty issues. also someone like yourself needs to have a full time job responding to emails, reading web forums etc. this would help leica stay out front of issues and also possibly steer the product line in certain areas, ie the geovids not doing angle compensation below 100 yards. my further suggestion is and people will not like this charge a tad more for product to cover these costs. most of the people buying your product aren't worried if it was 50 bucks more. thats a business suggestion and there will likely be people on here that disagree with it. but the last thing a guy wants to have in his mind when they spend 3 grand and have talked their wife into letting them spend the money is there could be a lack of support in the event of a problem.

I would also look at better ways to speed up the current warranty process. look at using emails to send the invoices out and let customers pay that way. the current situation is they look at the units determine a price and mail an invoice. then your supposed to mail payment back. thats probably 5 days wasted right there. a site could be created so people could monitor the repair process, ie when you guys get it, etc. this could easily get turn around time under 2 weeks. add to this come good will and just fixing things and you have turned your situation around.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own 2 sets of Geovids; the 8X56 HD's and 15X56's

Both have great glass and the rangefinders work well. Just read a post about finding out exactly where the beam is in relation to the red box for accurate ranging and tried it at our last match on Sunday. Have to use the upper left corner of the box to get an accurate reading.

I've set both Geovids right on top of a Vectronix or Terrapin that were mounted on a tripod. The Geovid's ranging was just as accurate. I regularly use them hunting and in competition and have no complaints about function whatsoever.

I would like to see Leica step up and guarantee and warranty their product for life regardless of the owner or age as well. When you spend 2800.00 on some 15X and 2300.00 on the 8X, I don't see that as unreasonable. Leupold warrantees their product for life and backs it up; even their cheapest offerings.

The MAJOR PROBLEM I have had is with the stupid objective lens covers. Why can't you guys solve the problem of the rubber connector breaking? I have to poke holes in the cover and tie a piece of string through them and around the ring part that attaches to the bell! Everyone I know who owns Geovids has the same problem and all have some kind of self-repair to have a lens cover. One of my buddies uses Butler Creek flip ups!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just by adopting the Vortex warranty policy across the board would help Leica a lot. If they don't do something along those lines, they are toast in the American market. I think as it stands, they ARE toast in this market right now, and just don't realize it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
+1 sharpsguy. As it stands now, who needs them?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
in regards to the geovid lense covers I have been sent 2 pairs free of charge. they usually last a couple years and then they break. so lets keep it real there. are they ideal NO however they work and if the company sends out free ones to replace them I think that is all we can expect.

just adopting the vortex warranty. lets look at this from a business point of view. vortex and leica operate in a totally different manner. vortex manufactures nothing, they are basically a marketing company. Leica is the opposite they make everything themselves to my knowledge and it appears they probably aren't that great at marketing grin they also offer products that have technology that no one else has. meaning some factory in china can't just make what they are selling. what leica needs is a tweak, I outlined it in an above post. keeping in mind leica needs to operate as a business that make money.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Aside from the new RF bino, what does Leica do/have that someone else doesn't have? The jury is still out, and will be out on the new Geovid for a while. I can't possibly see one reason to buy a Leica product over a Swaro, Zeiss, EDG, etc nowadays, especially a used one.

Leica Sport Optics was nearly broke once, and unless something changes it doesn't look good for them right now IMO. They have some simply ridiculous policies in place.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.