Hop To
#7919194 07/21/13
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I got tired of watching the Rangers suck (they forgot how to hit over the all--star break) so I flipped the channel to Buckmasters. How does a guy just go get in a tree stand il La and have a 165 class 8 point walk by?

Some are blessed.

Sometimes they take a winner on a hunt. Sometimes to Mexico. How does it always work out the lucky guest ends up getting a buck 30% smaller than that of the host? I mean, how many boomers does he own and he still has to [bleep] over the big winner. Unreal.

I wouldn't apply for one of the Buckmasters hunts to spend the time and effort to get one of the culls those "winners' gets a chance at.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/21/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buckmasters sent me a hunting video one time that I did not ask for, then kept sending me bills after I sent it back. I don't like them either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love to hunt, I live for it. I don't usually watch those hunting shows and I don't get any outdoors magazines besides F-F-G to keep up on fur prices and such. to me too much emphasis is put on the score of the rack, rather than the hunt itself. I understand the need for people to feel the need to verify themselves, or braggarts that want to show others up. and some of the rack hunters have killed a lot of deer and want something to seek out, and it's not about the kill for them but finding something unique. I get to work outdoors and I guarantee i see more game than 99% of the members of this forum, so maybe that's why I don't need the outdoor magazines or hunting shows, I get a chance to live it everyday. and for that I am very thankful to have the opportunity to enjoy it. so my take is, to each their own. the only time I get a little perturbed, is when those "trophy" inch hunters look down upon those of us who harvest whatever comes our way as a means of putting food on the table because they see "their" deer in 2 or 3 years being killed by a local with a family. thankfully there aren't a lot of those.
what there are a lot of, is the guys looking to feed their families, but also want to shoot the big one, and hold a grudge against any other hunter, and feel they are entitled to any deer they desire.

but back to the OP question, I believe most of those hunting shows are looking to sell goods. shooting a big buck is their way of luring "bubba" into beliving if he buys X or Y product he will get the big one. and those folks who "win" a hunt with these outfits are happy with whatever deer comes along, and the hosts likely are set up in the areas the big dogs live, because every place they hunt, sells hunts. so of course they want their advertisers to shoot a monster, so people want to pay them to hunt there. simple as that IMHO

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry to kill your thread

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well put Colorado1135. I blame the magazines and "huntin shows" on all the uneducated hunters entering the woods expecting to see a trophy in the first 30 mins. All of my best memories of the hunt are "the chase". And in some of the best chases, the animal wins. Glad to see there are others that have the same point of view.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.