Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Kathleen Kane is nothing more than an activist...a female Eric Holder. Ahe has already decided which laws she will uphold and which she wont she is doing wverything she can to go after guns in Pa. However. Our state constitutional language, in my opinion is much clearer than the 2a. Instead of infringe. We chose shall not be challenged. That pisses her off. She has decided to change the law herself which allowed pa residents to get fla non resident pistol permits. Even if they did not have a Pa permit. Our state legislature has taken her to task over this issue but she continues to do as she pleases...

It's easy to be an activist when you marry into a successful and profitable trucking

company's family.

What she needs is to be gang raped by a bunch of [bleep] with aids

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Too bad they don't study history in public education anymore, might "scare them straight."
Too bad they don't teach History in public education anymore. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by tail_hunter

There is also a lawsuit challenging the blue law banning hunting big game on Sunday. Religious oppression is really taking a hit in PA.

And [bleep] HUSH too!! Theres nothing religious about it. I hope they lose!

You are against sunday hunting? If so why?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's entirely religious, that's why it's Sunday instead of any other day. All blue laws are religious oppression, there's no rational reason to ban something 1 out of 7 days.

It isnt a blue law! There is no ban, you can hunt sundays, just not for certain game. Its called regulation! When you and the other [bleep] idiots get that through your head we'll all be better for it. Do a little study on history in PA and youll find land rights play a huge part in why we regulate the way we do. Not religion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are against sunday hunting? If so why?

Yes. Trespassing and land rights. For the record, id love to see right to hunt added to our constitution. But this suit isnt the way to get it done.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How does sunday hunting affect trespassing. As far as land rights. There is nothing to say the land owner could not post his land to say no sunday hunting if he chooses. But why shoukd you be able to say I shoukdnt be allowed to hunt my land on sundays. Or public land. Also think about this. We have a two week deer season. That means the average hunter gets two saturdays to hunt unless he can take time off from work, and maybe not even that if he has a job that requires him to work 6 days a week. Many people are to thenpoint that it just isnt worth buying a hunting license anymore because of lack of time to hunt.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pahick

It's entirely religious, that's why it's Sunday instead of any other day. All blue laws are religious oppression, there's no rational reason to ban something 1 out of 7 days.

It isnt a blue law! There is no ban, you can hunt sundays, just not for certain game. Its called regulation! When you and the other [bleep] idiots get that through your head we'll all be better for it. Do a little study on history in PA and youll find land rights play a huge part in why we regulate the way we do. Not religion.

You are full of it. There are only two- 3 species you can legally hunt in Sundays. Crows, foxes and Coyotes. And land rights have nothing to do with it. It is purely blue law tradition. That needs to go away. If we want any chance of imcreasing our hunter numbers in this state

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Get used to it. Younger people aren't filled with hate, fear and tribalism as much as the old timers would hope. Over time more and more hated minorities are going to get equal treatment under the law. Deal with it.

Please be courageous and stand for what you believe in open honest emphatic statements. Do you or do you not publicly renounce the Declaration of Independence?

Don't be like this hateful, fearful, tribalist in his double talk two faced lies:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...e-dictator-inspired-by-founding-fathers/

Perverting subverting and damning Jefferson while invoking his name.

There is a time... to refrain from embracing
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How does sunday hunting affect trespassing. As far as land rights. There is nothing to say the land owner could not post his land to say no sunday hunting if he chooses. But why shoukd you be able to say I shoukdnt be allowed to hunt my land on sundays. Or public land. Also think about this. We have a two week deer season. That means the average hunter gets two saturdays to hunt unless he can take time off from work, and maybe not even that if he has a job that requires him to work 6 days a week. Many people are to thenpoint that it just isnt worth buying a hunting license anymore because of lack of time to hunt.

Trespassing is a huge problem, and whether we get sundays or not, it needs fixed. But I wont back sundays until it is. As far as what you can or cant do on your property, your land is regulated in so many ways now, hunting is just another. What you do on your property directly affects your neighbor. Public land, is for all Pennsylvanians, not just hunters. We arent going to create a have vs have nots here, like other states have. What applies to public should also apply to private. Just as you want the weekend, so does non hunters and hunters alike who dont want to deal with hunting. You get half, satudays, everyone else gets sundays. As far as someone not having enough time to hunt, not my problem, or anyone elses! Prioritize your life, or get a another job. No one but this person signed on with their employer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How do you propose to fix trespassing? And hunters absolutely have more claim to state game lands than non hunters as it is hunters money that pays for the land. Not the general assembly. Boy. Glad to see you support huntings future. You and your kind are the biggest detriment to hunting in Pa.

P.s. andwer the question how does sunday hunting adfect trespassing. Compared to trespassing any other day of the week?

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/28/13.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are full of it. There are only two- 3 species you can legally hunt in Sundays. Crows, foxes and Coyotes. And land rights have nothing to do with it. It is purely blue law tradition. That needs to go away. If we want any chance of imcreasing our hunter numbers in this state

Land rights does have a lot to do with it. We had deer hunting on sundays, before 1873. We also had a full ban, before then. Sounds like some of you outta learn a little history here in PA before taking the BS spread by HUSH as the gospel. William Penns charter...did you read it?? You get to hunt in seasonable weather....you got that now! Heller vs DC...just because they mentioned hunting in the decision doesnt make hunting a right! And tell me why the GC should have sole authority, when its the Legislature that created the GC?? The GC is the ONLY agency in the US that is financially independent, that DOES NOT mean their decisions cannot be governed by the people!! And not just hunters.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Get used to it. Younger people aren't filled with hate, fear and tribalism as much as the old timers would hope. Over time more and more hated minorities are going to get equal treatment under the law. Deal with it.

All queers will eventually get it in the end.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How do you propose to fix trespassing? And hunters absolutely have more claim to state game lands than non hunters as it is hunters money that pays for the land. Not the general assembly. Boy. Glad to see you support huntings future. You and your kind are the biggest detriment to hunting in Pa.

P.s. andwer the question how does sunday hunting adfect trespassing. Compared to trespassing any other day of the week?

We have tackled trespass to allow WCO's to enforce trespass, but we still operate with the same disciplinary action. We have multiple border states with very aggressive trespass law. Now, getting the legislature to adopt some of the language is a chore, but it needs done.

As far as trespassing on sundays. No different. Doesnt make a hill of beans which day it is, trespass is trespass. But landowners have been complaining for years about the issue, and they put up with it. As long as they had one day to themselves, they would deal with it, though they continue to press for greater law. But asking them to deal with it one more day was the last straw. But no one gives a schit. They want their hunting and thats all that matters. Which is exactly why we have a trespass problem.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Trespassing in Pa is a summary violation. The same category it is in NY state. But remember. Unless land is posted they cannot be charged with trespassing just told to leave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timothy_Murphy

Thank you Voltaire for the insightful comments...

There is also a lawsuit challenging the blue law banning hunting big game on Sunday. Religious oppression is really taking a hit in PA.

Thump...thump...thump...

Where in the world do you get off telling others what days they can and must hunt, and the days they can't.

You're an imbecile if your think your dogma means squat to others or should dictate their lives.

Go lead whatever life you choose, and let others do the same.

And, yes...I am hetero with kids and grand-kids. They'll hunt whatever days they want.

You're a prime example of why Christianity is under fire today.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trespassing in Pa is a summary violation. The same category it is in NY state. But remember. Unless land is posted they cannot be charged with trespassing just told to leave

I dont have to post schit! Where the hell do you come up with this stuff?

And hunters absolutely have more claim to state game lands than non hunters as it is hunters money that pays for the land. Not the general assembly. Boy. Glad to see you support huntings future. You and your kind are the biggest detriment to hunting in Pa.

I dont care who pays for gamelands. How much of the gamelands was traded or given? How much of PR funds came from shooters who dont hunt? The gamelands should be treated as any other, open to the public and regulated as such.

And the only folks who are detriment to our hunting heritage in PA are those pushing the limits without regard to farmers, non hunters, hikers etc... who also use the same lands. Which results in more posted property, which opens the door to commercial hunting operations. I dont know about you, but I happen to greatly enjoy the freedom to enjoy the outdoors, not only on public but private land too, unlike states such as Iowa Illinois and others where pay to hunt is the norm. If you want leases and commercial hunting to be the lifestyle we experience in PA, stay the course. We're heading in that direction sooner than you think.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think PA should also eliminate Saturday hunting. Since most folks work Monday-Friday, eliminating Saturday hunting (along with the already banned Sunday hunting) will help tenfold on the trespassing concerns.

Seems the landowners would appreciate an extra day to themselves.

Perhaps an odd/even approach might be the best solution of all? Since the public has as much right and they want to do things outdoors without worrying about hunters, it seems and even split would be good.

Hunters get the even numbered days in a month, non-hunters the odd numbers. You can then change it the following year for the non-hunters that like even numbered days.

Win-Win. Cut hunting season at least in half, more time for the landowners and more time for the bunny lovers.

I truly hope all those concerned will suggest such a proposal.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Where do I cone up with this stuff. The Pa crimes code for one. And the NY penal Law for another. You kniw. The same books I deal with daybin and day out. Trespassing is a summary violation and carries no real penalty other than a fine and possibke jail time but ive never seen jail time sentenced for it.

While it is certainly possible to arrest for simple trespass noone that I know does it takes up too much time. We go give them a citation and send them on their way.

As far as gamelands purchase. Those lands are entirely paid for by funds from hunting license sales. So unless you are hunter you didnt pay for them. And if you support restricting when people can hunt then you surely do not support/ enjoy freedome

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, what PA should do is get hunting on the ballot, and let non hunters decide what they can and cannot do. But dont stop there, I think we should disband and eliminate the GC and combine them with the Fish&Boat commission. You know, with F&B failing financially and all, and the GC raking in marcellus shale funds, that would fix that problem and eliminate the multiple jobs that are mirrored between agencies. No use paying retirements for 10 people when we can do with 4-5.

With hunters being less than 10% of the population, you would think they'd appreciate the input of the majority of farmers who open their land to hunting but do not want sundays added. No, hunters are greedy [bleep] in PA for the most part.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RickyD wrote re: Tail Hunters assertion that youth aren't driven by "hate and tribalism".

But they are. It's just directed at morality and conservatism. As regrettably, neither do the vast majority possess wisdom, discernment, or common sense. That has always been the case with youth. Today that lack is particularly amplified due to culture, actually lack thereof, and the polarization resulting from targeted information from a plethora of new sources that has destroyed critical thinking.

My gosh what a good post. You nailed it perfectly.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 222ND, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,543
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.