Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
should i replace the apex sights on on a bowtech assassin or stick with em? this is my first bow im gonna replace the octane rest with a QAD but was wondering if the apex is a good sight?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I purchased my Assassin LE the first thing I replaced was the 3 pin Apex sight and Octane rest. I do a month long walk and stalk archery hunt every year in Colorado for bear and elk and this setup is not to my liking. I don't know that anything is wrong with either of the original sight or rest but neither suits my needs. It all depends on what you plan on doing with your bow. Shots to 40 yards than a 3 pin sight will work fine. The octane rest may be fine for target shooting but walking/stalking through the timber with protruding limbs/branches is a problem waiting to occur. I like simple and solid when it comes to hunting gear. Tom

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
excuse me not an octane rest i meant hostage rest lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've kept the original sights on my Assassin as they work fine for me. I just replaced the rest a few weeks back with a QAD. Noticeable difference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Meant to say Destroyer 350 LE not Assassin LE. Got too many toys. Tom

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditch the stock sights and drop the coin for an Axcel Armortech. It is a fixed pin sight. I personally prefer a fixed pin over a moveable pin because I dont have to worry about having it set for appropriate yardage because out to 60yds I have a pin for that. Many will argue for a single pin moveable, but I prefer to keep things simple. I concentrate more on my shot instead of hoping i had the pin set right

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Black Gold and never look back...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put them side by side. Axcel all day long. And I used to be a MBG fan. The Armortech is a superb sight. Brighter pins. 100% protected fiber optics. Easy adjustments.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know many folks that will agree with you there .280. Black Golds take the cake in my book. I'm a huge fan of the ascent. I think a 3-5 pin ascent is the cats meow.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Axcel is an awesome sight well designed and well made. I would take it over a compareable MBG or Spot Hogg.

I am a big fan of simplicity so my favorite sight is the Spot Hogg Bullet Proof. It isn't a super popular sight due to the fact it doesn't have all the unnessary bells and whistles. But it is a solid, simple, rugged sight that just simply does its job and does it well.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 07/27/13.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
The Axcel is an awesome sight well designed and well made. I would take it over a compareable MBG or Spot Hogg.

I am a big fan of simplicity so my favorite sight is the Spot Hogg Bullet Proof. It isn't a super popular sight due to the fact it doesn't have all the unnessary bells and whistles. But it is a solid, simple, rugged sight that just simply does its job and does it well.

are the pins bright on the spot hogg bullet proof ? i like simplicity and durability as well and the price is nice on that spot hogg too

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bright enoung to see in legal light.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by quackaddict
I don't know many folks that will agree with you there .280. Black Golds take the cake in my book. I'm a huge fan of the ascent. I think a 3-5 pin ascent is the cats meow.

MBG has become a fanboy company. I ran their sights for a number of years. They cant come close to the Armortech.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you say so.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.