Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
sounds like an idiot here. He purchasd a leupold, had the great "gunsmith" at the store mount it and then mounted 2 of them himself and they all busted so all Leupolds are junk.

NRA Benefactor life member
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Forgot the best one, he started reloading, he was going to weigh his bullets, and cut off the rear of the bullets until they all weigh the same. He said he could cut them to look just like they did new.

NRA Benefactor life member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by Tracks
It did take a while to find a quality holster for my P245.
I sure can't find much to complain about the gun itself.

Could you shoot me a PM about what kind & where you got it?

PM sent

FC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Oh the best part was when he said he was think about going through the academy. But he had to wait to get his drivers license back. He got "framed" for a DUI

You cant make this stuff up!

Too bad he didnt make it to the academy, they love Uncle Mikes holsters there.... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have owned a number of Sig's over the years and presently only have one . My two favorites are the P228 and P239. A nurse friend got her CC Permit and fell in love with the P228 and i let her take it home with her i assume she still carry's it. I still have P239 in 357 Sig and love it other than it is heavy to be Marketed as a Compact Carry Gun . I have never cared for the P220 and never kept one long , just didn't feel good in my hand like the other Models. Sig's in my opinion are great pistols but i will take a Glock over one any day of the week . Here is my P239 which i sent back to Sig for night sights , short trigger and quick reset .
[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrObcZb_CCI

Don't own a sig and get quite confused about their corporate structure. But if the fellows doing QC for the sig rifles are involved in the pistols....

I dunno.

When I first saw that 556R hit the market I wanted one, but after all the horror stories I had to pass it up.

There is a time... to refrain from embracing
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Sigs are okay thousand dollar guns but suck compared to Glocks that cost half as much. You can buy a G19 and a Dillon 550B for about the same money.

Laugh out loud the last 226 I bought was like new came with two boxes of ammo $700 think I could have done better. But you keep thinking they are 1K guns. Oh and keep buying those glerks.
I bought two P220's within the last year. One Nov 2012 for 659 shipped and another late January 2013 for 740.00 shipped. Average 700 bucks each. Both had nightsights, new in box, two mags.

I've been working up loads for them, running both cast and jacketed bullets through them in 185, 200 and 230 grain weights with at least half a dozen powders and multiple charge weights for each. Never an issue feeding or firing. I've shot them and I've used them to start my wife, a daughter, her husband and a friend. One thing I will say, is each of them liked the 1911 better (but it does have a much better trigger). wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick of all the Sig's I have owned i have never had a malfunction or failure to feed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A line from a song I love to quote
"Everybody knows the world is full of stupid people......"
It fits soooo often. My 226 is my last line of defense, I trust my life and family with it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gunner slept with his sig on the pig hunt. Never seen him without it unless his sharps was in his hand.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ScopeBite416
Gunner slept with his sig on the pig hunt. Never seen him without it unless his sharps was in his hand.

the one person at the hunt that prolly has no need to carry a gun laugh

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
HAHA. I know right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep. Foreign guns are junk. Thats why our military dont use em if absig was as goid as a Beretta M9 the military woukd have them. They break easy and you cant get parts for them. He couldnt even find a holster to fit it and he even checked uncle mikes website

Here's a little tidbit of info for your uninformed neighbor...

The SIG P226 scored higher than the Beretta during the initial trials back in oh...86 or so as I recall? The reason that the DOD went with the POS Beretta over the SIG was cost. The cost for the two firearms was equal, but the cost for extra magazines for the SIG came out to $14 (as I recall) versus something like $8 for the M9. Even though the SIG scored higher in testing, the Beretta won out due to cost of the spare magazines.

I also recall the problems with the slides breaking on the M9 Beretta. Don't recall why, but also as I recall, the slides had to be replaced after a certain number of rounds.

Never could stand the M9's that were issued to me. Maybe I had a bad run, but they were jam queens. Stovepipes, failure to extract, double feeds, you name it.

Was a happy day when CID went to the Sig P228 as standard issue.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The P226 Navy is identical to the pistol carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs-the fleet's special warfare operators. The railed P226 chambered in 9mm and engraved with an anchor on the left side of the slide is the official sidearm of the SEALs.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-navy.aspx

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DaveR
[quote=gitem_12]

Never could stand the M9's ..... Stovepipes..... double feeds, you name it.

A stove pipe with gun that doesn't have an ejection port?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
[quote=gitem_12]

Never could stand the M9's ..... Stovepipes..... double feeds, you name it.

A stove pipe with gun that doesn't have an ejection port?

Yes. I know, it is Beretta's claim to fame "no stovepipes". Total bullchit.

I shot a lot of rounds out of M9's, have seen many more than that fired, and I was never impressed in the least.

The six different Sigs I've owned or had been issued (P226, P228, P229), never gave me those kind of problems. In fact the only jams I recall ever having with a SIG were the result of dirty magazines (sand in magazine).

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep. Foreign guns are junk. Thats why our military dont use em if absig was as goid as a Beretta M9 the military woukd have them. They break easy and you cant get parts for them. He couldnt even find a holster to fit it and he even checked uncle mikes website

Here's a little tidbit of info for your uninformed neighbor...

The SIG P226 scored higher than the Beretta during the initial trials back in oh...86 or so as I recall? The reason that the DOD went with the POS Beretta over the SIG was cost. The cost for the two firearms was equal, but the cost for extra magazines for the SIG came out to $14 (as I recall) versus something like $8 for the M9. Even though the SIG scored higher in testing, the Beretta won out due to cost of the spare magazines.

I also recall the problems with the slides breaking on the M9 Beretta. Don't recall why, but also as I recall, the slides had to be replaced after a certain number of rounds.

Never could stand the M9's that were issued to me. Maybe I had a bad run, but they were jam queens. Stovepipes, failure to extract, double feeds, you name it.

Was a happy day when CID went to the Sig P228 as standard issue.

No no. Not my neighbor. I have no idea where he lives but he knows where i live as evidenced by his arrival at my house this morning( made a mental note to kick my buddy in the nuts...hard)

Guy rolls up in one of those old izuzu pup pick ups. His gurlfriend was driving, he gets out and starts talking wanting to know things about the academy. So in an attempt to quickly rid myself of him i go inside to get a couple of phone numbers of the academy directors to hive to him. He follows me inside and asks for a cup of coffee, no harm there.
Well we chat about 20 minutes and i tell him to invite his girlfriend in she was a rather large girl so i didnt figure she was comfortable in that truck He answers me , no thats ok. It takes too much to get her in and out of the truck so when ever they go somewhere she stays in the truck whike he does the errands, but that she is off from her job on mondays so he calls in to his job on mondays so they can soend some time together I couldnt take it anymore and told him, i woukd rather work, and that I had to get going and run some errands myself. He left I locked the door and started laughing my azz off. Where do these people come from

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
Rick of all the Sig's I have owned i have never had a malfunction or failure to feed.

Me either Bea.

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by ScopeBite416

the one person at the hunt that prolly has no need to carry a gun laugh

HAHAHA Men, I wasn't sleeping, and that was fake snoring too. laugh laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No no. Not my neighbor. I have no idea where he lives but he knows where i live as evidenced by his arrival at my house this morning( made a mental note to kick my buddy in the nuts...hard)

Guy rolls up in one of those old izuzu pup pick ups. His gurlfriend was driving, he gets out and starts talking wanting to know things about the academy. So in an attempt to quickly rid myself of him i go inside to get a couple of phone numbers of the academy directors to hive to him. He follows me inside and asks for a cup of coffee, no harm there.
Well we chat about 20 minutes and i tell him to invite his girlfriend in she was a rather large girl so i didnt figure she was comfortable in that truck He answers me , no thats ok. It takes too much to get her in and out of the truck so when ever they go somewhere she stays in the truck whike he does the errands, but that she is off from her job on mondays so he calls in to his job on mondays so they can soend some time together I couldnt take it anymore and told him, i woukd rather work, and that I had to get going and run some errands myself. He left I locked the door and started laughing my azz off. Where do these people come from

Gitem_12

Sounds like you have a new BFF! lol

Wait til he invites himself shooting or hunting! lol

Regards,

Peter

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,354
Posts18,527,058
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.