Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Justin Trudeau, leader of the federal Liberals has been coming out in support of legalization of marijuana, do you think this is a reality coming to Canada if he gets elected as Prime Minister or is he just jockeying for votes???

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CanuckShooter;
I trust that this finds you and yours well this hot final Saturday of July.

To your original question I'd say that yes it's inevitable that eventually it becomes legal here in Canada and I've no doubt that BC will lead the charge (double entendre intended) grin

I say this simply because it's so pervasive down here that eventually LE will not be able to keep up with trying to enforce current criminal code.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of "breathalyzer" happen first so we can have stoned drivers dealt with appropriately.

While I'm sure it comes to no one's surprise who knows me, I've very little time for the vacillations of Justin Trudeau, even more so now that he's leader of the Liberals.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that he won the leadership race as I strongly believe that he and the Federal Liberals deserve each other in every conceivable way. wink

Anyway, as you can tell I'm not a huge fan of either - or both I suppose better said.

All the best to you and yours this weekend CanuckShooter.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/27/13.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm sad to say, baring some reverse in morals, it's just a matter of time, and not much time at that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
What does it matter, they grow it all over up there and Johnny smokes it almost constantly (medical reasons) Ha Ha

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a perspective on this:
JT is t concerned about the moral or even the criminal/justice ramifications of this he is only concerned about the political. Where he resides and I. The high intellectual (read pompous and out of touch) circles he resides in it has become vogue to take relatively in innocuous criminal activity and controlled or prohibited items and glorify them. Unless they are guns of course, then bad bad bad.

Personally, alcohol and marijuana (in an unstimulated and unlaced form) reside on the same platform with alcohol being a more destructive character when abused. So I see the logic JT is trying to use. Why burden the system with it......
Except JT sees it as another way of regulating and taxing the public which is at the heart of the issue. We'll see its legalization in the near future without a doubt. We will also see a lot of hiccups and wasted taxpayers dollars in the injection of legal cannibis into our culture. This could quickly become a rant....

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Since when did ranting on the fire become an unusual thing? Oh! wait, this is the Canada section, not the Hunter's campfire. (Duck)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Organized crime will not allow it to be legalized, and we all know that they are the driving force anyway. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Decriminalized for sure, legalized perhaps, lets let Colorado and Washington State figure out how that might work first, and then see if we want to go there, but to attach criminal records to teenagers for smoking pot is a bigger crime to me.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Uruguay legalized today. The first ever country to do so. They are far from a world power, but many eyes will be watching to see how it plays out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the other legalized criminals can tax it you bet!

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Personally I'd like to see some sort of "breathalyzer" happen first so we can have stoned drivers dealt with appropriately.

I think there is some sort of oral swap test that will give current results for the last few hours whereas a urine test will give a history for the last few weeks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Wouldn't a simple radar gun do the job wink grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by senior

Wouldn't a simple radar gun do the job wink grin

senior;
Thanks for the chuckle this morning sir, that's kinda funny!

I can see it now - "No honestly officer I've been flyin' along for awhile now - the car just caught up to me man." laugh

Have a good long weekend senior.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JFKinYK
Uruguay legalized today. The first ever country to do so. They are far from a world power, but many eyes will be watching to see how it plays out there.

It's been legal in Holland for years and years...I wonder if they have more problems than say the USA where pot is considered so evil it's one step below being a terrorist.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, they are soon to be owned by the Moslems.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Barak HUSSEIN Obama.......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The people who are going to use it are probably already using it anyway. Get the .gov involved, flood the market, get the price so low that the profit is taken out and the black market can't compete. That's how you have a war on drugs.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
until the Govt starts taxing the [bleep] out of it and the criminals step in again for a huge market share because they can offer the same product cheaper.

home invasions will increase too based upon what is happening in Kalifornia and Washington.

Re Mj and DUI's. LEO's obtain a search warrant to draw blood.

Many LEO's now are receiving specialized training in mj usage symptoms and recognition. Will be a huge wind fall for the court system when legalized.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
amazing for being such a safe and mellowing drug it is interesting to note how many violent crimes are committed with mj in the system.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
amazing for being such a safe and mellowing drug it is interesting to note how many violent crimes are committed with mj in the system.

All that violence is a result of the illegal sale and distribution of mj. If it was legal/regulated and taxed, that would all stop as it did with alcohol after prohibition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,233
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.