-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,164 of 1,842 1 2 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That yard looks way too nice for a Redneck Riviera, Dave. Get some weeds growing out there, park a couple shot up Ramblers and a couple broken down Arctic Cats out there, (oh yeah, I forgot-all Arctic Cats ARE broken down)take a 77 Ford 1/2 ton, cut the bed off and shove a couple washers and driers in there.....ahhhhhhhh, the ambiance!

Nice looking place, buddy!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gophergunner
That yard looks way too nice for a Redneck Riviera, Dave. Get some weeds growing out there, park a couple shot up Ramblers and a couple broken down Arctic Cats out there, (oh yeah, I forgot-all Arctic Cats ARE broken down)take a 77 Ford 1/2 ton, cut the bed off and shove a couple washers and driers in there.....ahhhhhhhh, the ambiance!

Nice looking place, buddy!

Don't forget the blue tarp on the roof.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Do you get to keep the flag pole and the eagles at the new place?

Give it a few months and you can properly decorate and landscape the yard with all the stuff you formerly had in your sheds at your old place!

Make sure you invite all the Chickenbuckers up for an open house so you can properly break in your new neighbors so they treat you better than at the old place.

Nice place, congrats.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow, I was just going to go with pink plastic flamingos. you guys are pro's!!!

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The eagles go, flag pole STAYS!

grin

Might have to ad a USMC flag under old glory.

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
can we get a picture next year at this time, with all your dogs the lawn should have some really nice green spots, and a lot more yellow/brown spots...

Congrats on the new house, and whenever your moving date is, I am sure that several people you ask will have something going on that weekend. smile

ETA I have helped lots of people move, and only one showed up to help me move the last time, so I may need better friends.

Congrats again it looks like a really nice place.

Last edited by bubbajay; 07/31/13.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,
The new house looks great.I'm sure you all are going to enjoy it.
How much land comes with it?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Stan, it has 10 acres like we have now. The land is different than we now have, more open with a tree row picture framing the land and open fields bordering the outsides of the property. We'll miss our old yard and being deeper in the woods so to speak, which was great for slowing down the wind.

But the yard on the new place is very nice.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good thing you bought Pam a new lawn tractor. She's going to need it to take care of a yard that size. Great looking place, Dave.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that place looks amazing Dave! congrats to you guys! you're gonna need a bigger mower it looks like!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
that looks fantastic. I didnt see any outbuildings...no shed? Or is a shed in the planning only stage?

How is the inside of the house? any neat features? and most importantly, how big is the garage? Is it heated? speaking of heat, how is the house heated?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
How do you spell "Iigh, yigh, yigh..."?

grin

garage is heated, as it the house lol. Under floor hydronic heat by off peak elect boiler. This one is actually a very large boiler unit with heat storage tiles inside of it for extended heat retention, very cool system. But it also has LP fired high eff forced air furnace with an AC chiller, (central air), an air to air exchanger and a large gas fireplace in the living room.

And it's kind of full of neat features. Prev owner was a custom cabinet maker, so top of the line cabinets throughout the house. Nice construction with very cool features like these pullouts inside most of the lower cabinets.

[Linked Image]

Kitchen is pretty cool, the layout is to our liking, we really like the big center island.

[Linked Image]

The cook stove is pretty unique. It's a new unit but styled like an antique wood fired unit. Combination of gas burners and oven with elect warmer surface on the right side and a convection oven under that warmer area. Actually all of the kitchen appliances have a decorative antique looking fascia, dish washer, fridge, even the microwave. They all kind of match the cook stove.

[Linked Image]

Family room

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No outbuildings, but the attached garage is about a 28 by 38 with vaulted ceiling.

Plans for detached shop for all of my red neck work is... a pipe dream at this point but... we'll figure something out.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Really nice, Dave. I love the stove.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Congrats Dave and family !!!!

But regarding that pretty lawn .....

After the closing , who gets to be the first one to go out back and do some donuts while screaming " WHOOOOO, HOOOO !!!" ? grin grin cool whistle

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a great place and I'm sure you all will make it an awesome home !! Again congrats !

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by M1894
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Congrats Dave and family !!!!

But regarding that pretty lawn .....

After the closing , who gets to be the first one to go out back and do some donuts while screaming " WHOOOOO, HOOOO !!!" ? grin grin cool whistle

Awe what the heck. I'll swing over this weekend & get that lawn looking a little more redneckish.

I'd hate to leave that daunting task to the boys with their dirt bikes & go-karts.

ND- Have you been eyeballing any new mowers for that mega lawn?????

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it's practically a mower proving grounds, if only I knew a place that made commercial mowers that needed some testing done.....

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wow, some great features. I sure am glad I didnt have to pay for that stove new!

The heating systems are the same as I have pretty much! Our most cost effective is the air to air heat exchanger on off-peak electricity. You will love the in floor heat in the garage....I think I read that correctly. Does it have an exhaust fan? You need one to vent the humid air out in the winter or things get musty/moldy/even rusty.

That looks like a just plain gorgeous house. Congrats. it didnt look like there are many close neighbors either....which I guess is good and bad.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The hydronic unit is a steffes brand, its massive.

Something clever here.

Page 1,164 of 1,842 1 2 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.