Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hoyt Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bambi-Wallpaper-bambi-28788196-1024-768

In Wisconsin, police got wind that an animal shelter was rehabilitating an injured baby deer, so of course they responded with surveillance, aerial photos and a SWAT team. It was like a SWAT team,� shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

�(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth,� Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

�When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing,� Schulze said.

Schulze videotaped the fawn they named Giggles during the two weeks she was there. The Department of Natural Resources began investigating after two anonymous calls reporting a baby deer at the no-kill shelter.

The warden drafted an affidavit for the search warrant, complete with aerial photos in which he described getting himself into a position where he was able to see the fawn going in and out of the barn.

Agents told staff they came to seize the deer because Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.

So what happened to the deer? It was killed, because that�s just how the cops roll:

�I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag,� Schulze said. �I said, �Why did you do that?� He said, �That�s our policy,� and I said, �That�s one hell of a policy.��

Asked by a reporter why they couldn�t have addressed this matter with a phone call, instead of an armed raid, a law enforcement official compared the matter to a drug bust:

�Could you have made a phone call before showing up, I mean, that�s a lot of resources,� WISN 12 News investigative reporter Colleen Henry asked.

�If a sheriff�s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don�t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,� Niemeyer said,

Right.

This is an interesting story to come up amid sequester politics. The narrative from the left, where the Obama administration has been working hard to make sequester spending reductions as painful as possible for the public, is that there is no room in the budget to cut funds.

But a government that has enough money to throw SWAT teams at minor wildlife law violations has more money than it needs.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That is sick!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just another example of puffed out chests from guys who were bullied as children and can't wait for the next order to crack a skull or two.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's all about intimidation, instill fear. There is no other logical explanation .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tree, fertilizer etc.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pat85
It's all about intimidation, instill fear. There is no other logical explanation .

No way, that can't be it!!! LEO's as a whole are a bunch of great men that are looking out for the best interest of the citizenry. They would never follow orders or willingly engage in activity that intimidates and instills fear in their fellow citizens just to keep their jobs!

Shame on you!

Last edited by nathanial; 08/05/13.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hoyt
But a government that has enough money to throw SWAT teams at minor wildlife law violations has more money than it needs.
Yeah, that was my thought while reading it. Amazing waste of money. They could have sent a notice to them for a dollar giving them X amount of time to properly place or release the animal. Oh, but that might give them a chance to hide the animal with someone, and what a heinous crime that would be. smirk

This is the police state, folks. This is why the Founders wanted to deny to government the maintenance of standing, internally deployed, forces of armed agents (other than the Navy, since that's much harder to deploy tyrannically against one's own population). The power of responding with arms for the purpose of maintaining and restoring the peace, and to enforce the laws of the land, was meant to be left directly and exclusively with the people via militias, where the common sense of regular folks, with regular occupations in the communities, would provide a robust check against abusive government action.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They no longer want cooperative respect, just fear through intimedation.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kojac
They no longer want cooperative respect, just fear through intimedation.
When a police state reaches a certain point in power and confidence, they no longer care about popular support.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
What a bunch of asskissing robots.

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And you know what's scary? The generations who remember a time when government didn't maintain militarized commando forces, intended for routine deployment against the American people, are getting old, and before you know it will be gone. The generations that take their place will never have known any different. I'm saying there's only a small window of time remaining within which to stop this or have it become the accepted and permanent norm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Power corrupts. You give a power to the government, its use will immediately begin to expand beyond its intended specialized purpose (originally, this sort of militarized response was thought justified due to the drug war, heavily armed gangs, and such) to become the norm. It's rooted in the nature of man. Western civilization was supposed to have learned this lesson many times over by now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I grew up in Wisconsin. In the 60s we had wardens who were men with the bark on.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by nathanial
Originally Posted by Pat85

No way, that can't be it!!! LEO's as a whole are a bunch of great men that are looking out for the best interest of the citizenry. They would never follow orders or willingly engage in activity that intimidates and instills fear in their fellow citizens just to keep their jobs!

Shame on you!

Why else would they kill it on the spot? They don't have tranquilizer guns, relocation trailers? The sad part about this tactic is they will pull this on the wrong person or persons that don't intimidate very well and there will be a blood bath where both sides will be carried out in body bags.

Last edited by Pat85; 08/05/13.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That is so [bleep] up it ain't even funny. That department needs a boot up their collective ass.

They didn't come with a SWAT team but I had 1/2 dozen FG guys and a trooper show up once in Alaska. Three of the guys spent tax money to fly a few hours from Juneau to get there, then they had to fly a float plane to where I was located.

All this, because I was 'trapping' out of season. Someone had found a few traps I had set whilst deer hunting in mid-November. These were BIG ass wolf traps with 150 pounds of drag chain attached to them.

Well trapping season for mink, marten, beaver etc doesn't begin until 1 December, but wolf trapping season begins 10 November. They didn't know that.

What a cluster it was and they all walked away with their hat's in their hands. I made them reset all the traps they removed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (204guy, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,084
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.