Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#7964727 08/08/13
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Don't know about you but I think I just experienced mine.

Let's just say that a squirrel carcass left in a trash can sealed to the Tennessee summer heat for a week gets pretty powerful...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
mine was a lab that rolled on a dead cat that was oozing green slime.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sage grouse guts, out of a bird that's been dead for a few hours.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear you. My dad dumped a deer paunch in a Rubbermaid garbage can and left it covered for 2-3 weeks in the October heat. Luckily, I saw the flies on the lid before I popped it open. Left that swollen bucket of guts and gases by the side of a dumpster.

My cousin borrowed one our big marine coolers for a May crawfish boil and then waited to clean out the leftovers until a month or two had gone by. It was rough.

The worst was when our cat melted atop the engine on my dad's Bronco. Knew the truck was stinking, but didn't know why until the A/C was turned on. Green flies on the dashboard vents is usually a bad sign. Lol...

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I was coming home from a chukar hunt in 1978, the airline lost my luggage.

When I got my luggage via Greyhound several days later, the once-frozen chukars were no longer frozen. Even my long-slide .45 Hardballer stank.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dead person in front of an electric space heater for a week.

hit me like a tank.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
dead person in front of an electric space heater for a week.

hit me like a tank.

You win.....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Easy one. Had deer, hog and antelope meat stored in a friend's chest cooler in his garage. Cord shorted out and the meat spoiled. He dragged it out into his yard where it sat in the sun until I gathered up the courage (stupidity?) to retreive my deer head that was also in there. When I threw open the lid the stench hit me like a 2x4 upside the face. I grabbed hold of the antlers sticking up out of the 6 inches of sludge everything had become, dumped out the oatmeal looking pudding out of the skull and tossed it into the bed of my truck. When I got home I put the skull into a bucket of bleach water and let it soak for almost a week. That was 20 years ago and if you sniff the skull you can still detect a bit of that aroma.

Edit:RWE wins. sick

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
some prize.

Get called for a welfare check. Last time they spoke to the ol gal was a week ago "or so".

Shades drawn, can make out a figure in a chair, TV blaring.

No answer at the door, so....

A little shoulder grease on the portal and 2 seconds later, I'm wretching up a subway steak and cheese double meat with meatball sauce, jalapenos, and extra mayo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just 2 weeks ago!!!... wife said i left some butter milk ,eggs a chesse in the camper fridge ...she cleaned it out.....i have not used it since the fall of 2009 smile i never smelt it and i have not been in it since... smile

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was combining some oats for my Uncle years ago. I brought the combine around on the road and passed his bull laying several hundred yards out in the pasture, dead. I went on to his house and put up the combine. The next day, I was returning a blade that we'd borrowed, which was on the back of Dad's tractor. I got over to my Uncle's house and nobody was around. I pulled it into this lot where it was kept, noticing a trail of liquid that went by the spot where I put the blade. It stank terribly. I followed the trail and there was his dead bull, pulled up into the lot for the dead-wagon, I guess. I went back and got the blade unhitched from the three-point-hitch and was trying to slam the top arm of the hitch back into its hanger, which was spring-steel. I slipped whilst trying not to breath that smell and smashed my right trigger finger. The nail turned black and I had to heat a needle and let the pressure off. It finally peeled off and to this day the one that grew back don't look right.

The thing was I learned later that the fluid wasn't normal. The bull had been drained. I asked my Uncle what killed a normal, young, healthy bull.

He said, "he was mutilated,".

So the devil worshipers, government agents, spaced aliens or whatever got my Uncle's bull. It was the worst smell I've ever smelt, before or since.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Whatever is so rancid that coyotes puke it up so my Heeler can proudly roll in it.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pick any demonrat. laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've pulled 2 drowning victims out of rivers after about a week. That was close to 40 years ago and I can still smell it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to catch suckers by hand, slit the bellies, and toss them in a 55 gallon barrel for a week or three to use for bear bait starters in Canada.

When it turned to maggot soup, we'd shovel a glob on a foot square burlap, tied to a bent over sapling, and hoist it to the wind....yummy....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys must really like bears, or really hate them, I not sure which.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've pulled 2 drowning victims out of rivers after about a week. That was close to 40 years ago and I can still smell it.

On the shore of Karluk Lake in 1958, Earl and I found a big brownie that'd been killed in a fight, had floated in the lake for a spell, had washed-up onto the beach, and had lain there in the rain and sun for a while.

Had to collect certain tissues for an autopsy or such.

Unforgettable.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Turtle that has been in a conibear that pours out of its shell!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
28 years in the cleaning business and I've smelled some prize winners, like Gold Medal winners! Such as:

Sewer back up in a frat house........

Unplugged chest freezer in August after homeowner offed himself a week before....

A rat that died up in a pedicure chair that had been there for about 10 days (?) before I found it. Horrid barely covers that one. I have pics of it also!!

Many more that aren't worth speaking about.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Took home a stripper from the Landing Strip in WPB 20yrs ago. The odor fuming off her snatch was unbearable....I can still smell it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,548
Posts18,510,226
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.