Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Gravestone
There's a guy on this site named Steelhead, he once posted a picture showing what a tikka is really good for. Maybe he'll see this tread and post it again

Tikkas are pretty good for these...... smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A number of hunters who have both browning and tikka have posted on this thread and therefore I believe it would be reasonable to conclude these hunters would certainly have the most experience in first hand comparison of these two rifles in real life field conditions. In every case of dual ownership that has been noted the tikka came out on top!

There also seems to be quit a number of Browning owners who are claiming to have never owned a tikka or have had the opportunity to compare to two in real life hunting situations. Some of these hunters feel that Browning should come out on top.

Take it for what it's worth!

This information is not intended to bash Browning in any way however the information is intended to point out the facts of this thread and further more I have noticed in almost every case of dual ownership experience the tikka is the winner almost everytime with very few exceptions.

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 08/10/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nah,not the picture I was thinking of.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Let me be one of the owners of both rifles then to take the Abolt over the Tikka.

You might would say I'm prejudiced in favor of the Abolts because of my forum name. That would not be the case. I've had Abolts for over 20 years. I bought my first Tikka 8 years ago. I've got Abolt hunter models in .308 and 30-06 and Tikka T3 stainless lite models in the same calibers. My T3s are accurate and fit me very well. I would not get rid of them. However, my Abolts are more accurate, fit better, feel better and to me look nicer. Thankfully I don't have to pick one brand over the other but if I did the Abolt would be the one I chose. I also have a T3 hunter in 6.5x55. Will not be parting with it either but seriously considered buying the limited model Abolt 6.5x55 to go with it.

Killindeer,

As far as I'm concerned there is no loser in choosing either model. It simply comes down to you handling both and picking the one that has the features you prefer and feels the best to you. Accuracy and dependability would be pretty much equal to me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A-Bolt makes it easy to get your name engraved on the bolt.... I'd go with it based on that alone.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I own Sakos, brownings, remingtons, try the vanguard "S2" I have now bought 4 of them and place them ahead of my brownings just behind my sakos. My grandson has a Tikka T3 lite and it is very accurate ! My son likes it better than his browning stainless stalker! Try the Vanguard S2 very impressive !!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
To each his own, but owning this Tikka really has made me contemplate selling off my other guns. I have no time for heavy finicky rifles.

i've already went down this road. i bought my first tikka in January of this year. since then i have sold every browning, savage and all but 2 of my remington's (which were my dad's) and i now have 5 tikkas. i have 243, 25-06, 270, 338 federal and a 300 win mag and couldnt be happier. they're light, have awesome triggers, smooth actions and will just plain shoot! i have heard people say they feel "cheap" i personally dont think so. the design is to keep them light weight plus i personally like the way they look/feel.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
tikka it is then. i found a used .243 at a good deal i may buy. realy lookin for a 308 but wanting a 243 as well

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Go with the Tikka for sure. Tikkas have been shooters going back to the Ithaca LSA days. They usually shoot without any tuning or tricks required.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
any suggestions as to where to get a good deal online? i checked buds but theyre out of stock at the moment

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Hello,

Check with Alex at Euro Optics. They have the T3 Hunter in .308 for $650. Just about everyone is out of stock as the wholesalers don't place their orders until late August through Beretta USA. I had spoke with Alex a few weeks ago about a T3 Hunter (in 6.5x55, also $650), and he stated that he will receive his Tikka order late August/early Sept.

Once the dealers are stocked, you should see a few on GB.

Good choice on the Tikka, those Sako barrels shoot well!

SD

Originally Posted by killindeer
any suggestions as to where to get a good deal online? i checked buds but theyre out of stock at the moment

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
i noticed he had the t3 hunter. not sure i want the walnut stock. lookin for a stainless synthetic but the walnut stock does look nice

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I bought my last Tikka from Impactguns.com in UT. I have a 6.5x55 hunter on order with Eurooptics though. I wanted another 6.5x55 stainless, but they are a ghost in the USA.

W
W
I bought a 6.5x55 T3 Hunter from Eurooptic this spring. It was the only place I could find them. I had never worked with Eurooptic before, but they turned out to be great. I would happily buy from them again or recommend them to a friend. I ordered and placed a deposit in April and made final payment and received shipment (to my local shop) in June, much quicker than I expected.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tika hands down , mine is extremely accurate in 308 win

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've owned both, the browning hit the bricks, Tikka will do you a fine job. jeff~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by killindeer
tikka it is then. i found a used .243 at a good deal i may buy. realy lookin for a 308 but wanting a 243 as well

May I ask what led to that decision? Seems like you preferred the feel of the Browning in your hands, so I'm a bit curious what brought you around to the Tikka. Both are fine rifles, so I'm not knocking the choice.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (222Sako, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,335
Posts18,506,080
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.