Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Hi,our dog goes in and outside and the fleas are terrible.
We have tried frontline and it seems like it used to work great but isn,t working worth a damn this year.
They are driving her nuts and me too!
She weighs about 40 pounds and is a mixed mutt.
what is the best thing to use or the best way to get the damn things off of her and keep them off?
We cant keep her in all the time.
Thanks
Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
give 'em a flea pill

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
sarcasm: live in an area where there are no fleas.

more seriously: add sevin to her bed and to the grounds.

wash her after being outside.

add a flea spray to her and her beddings.

utilize a flea comb.

i'm not a vet, nor an entymologist, I am offering layman advice.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Mix up some flowers of sulphur with kerosene And rub a little here and there on he outer coat.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If she keeps getting fleas on her you should eliminate those in the yard. Spray the yard with liquid Sevin and see if that doesn't help. I used to use Diazinon but they took it off the market.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's hard to break the cycle of chemicals on your yard and pets, but this is what I use with great success. Comfortis oral flea control pill for the dog. Live benificial nematoads for the yard. I'm tired of having to bury my dogs who die from cancers that seems to be traced back to all the chemical abuse I applied to my yard. frown

BP...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brewers yeast tablets with garlic work great... Most pet stores have them... One tablet per 10# of dog..... I just put them with their food..... Even my picky dog eats them.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Humm. I thought garlic, onions, grapes were poisonous. I did see that dry Blue has some garlic in it, however.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Another trick to be added after dog is treated, bedding and house is treated is to cut up a flea collar and put it in your vacumn cleaner bag.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MColeman
If she keeps getting fleas on her you should eliminate those in the yard. Spray the yard with liquid Sevin and see if that doesn't help. I used to use Diazinon but they took it off the market.

This. It does no good to rid them from the dog if you are infested outside.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Trifexis, one chewable tab once per month. I used to battle the fleas on my dog constantly with the various drops, but eventually the fleas become adapted to them. For a while I'd switch between two different brands of drops each month to keep the fleas from getting acclimated, but eventually, that stopped working too. Then, a few years ago, I started with Trifexis, and my dog hasn't had a flea since. First time you use it with a dog that has lots of fleas, you can literally watch the fleas dropping dead off your dog.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Front Line

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Trifexis, one chewable tab once per month. I used to battle the fleas on my dog constantly with the various drops, but eventually the fleas become adapted to them. For a while I'd switch between two different brands of drops each month to keep the fleas from getting acclimated, but eventually, that stopped working too. Then, a few years ago, I started with Trifexis, and my dog hasn't had a flea since. First time you use it with a dog that has lots of fleas, you can literally watch the fleas dropping dead off your dog.

This.

We'd fought fleas on the wife's Malteese and my German Shorthair the past few years, tried everything, collars, shampoos, Frontline, sprays in the yard, more sprays in the yard, and on and on.

Wife's cousin is a vet. He gave us some Trifexis and we've been living the goodlife ever since. Just gave the bird dog a bath out in the drive, used to would have expected to see fleas coming to the surface, there wasn't a single one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a link to the stuff i had mentioned above.....

four paws brewers yeast

Cheap and does the job....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bcraig
Hi,our dog goes in and outside and the fleas are terrible.
We have tried frontline and it seems like it used to work great but isn,t working worth a damn this year.
They are driving her nuts and me too!
She weighs about 40 pounds and is a mixed mutt.
what is the best thing to use or the best way to get the damn things off of her and keep them off?
We cant keep her in all the time.
Thanks
Craig

Just posted about some stuff that I really LIKE.

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Pyranha_Wipe_and_Spray_for_Hor#UNREAD

"Knocking Down" the entire flea infested area has always been my approach, and one will go for YEARS without seeing one after using a simple available product like "Home Defense" at the concentrations that it WAS, ......6-8 years ago.

I am CLUELESS as to why the concentrations are being cut.

Were I to start hatching hunches, I'd call out PROFITEERING, and a bunch of damned fat cat lobbying this ridiculous "EPA" circus.

The new sprays and pest control agents / poisons are a sad joke.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Really good for the dog,....right ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prolly better than dipping your dog up to its ears in used motor oil....

6 one way half dozen the other..... smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boilerpig1
It's hard to break the cycle of chemicals on your yard and pets, but this is what I use with great success. Comfortis oral flea control pill for the dog. Live benificial nematoads for the yard. I'm tired of having to bury my dogs who die from cancers that seems to be traced back to all the chemical abuse I applied to my yard. frown

BP...

Yup

These

Link: http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/nematode-sc-sf-hb/1220327

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PAMac
Prolly better than dipping your dog up to its ears in used motor oil....

6 one way half dozen the other..... smile

Burnt motor oil dip for the mange..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (allscopedup, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 14 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.