Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,171 of 1,842 1 2 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill, I had a 76 ford 4x4 full-time, with a 390 that got about 8mph and a 79 bronco with a 400 that got 10 on a good day.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I had a full size Bronco with the 351 that did about 13-14 on a good day.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nate's 77 F250 with 351, 4 spd and 4.1 gears with 35" tires will do 12 mpg hwy.

He's taking good care of it, he put in a new starter a couple weeks ago and the other night he replaced the alternator. It was still charging but the front bushing/bearing was out. He's pretty handy with the wrenches. We will likely replace inner spindle bearings this weekend, the little needle bearings that carry the axle ends centered through the spindles.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have nightmares about those little needle bearings. I was changing them on my 85 f150 4x and droped the bearing before I got the grease in it. grin

It was much easier to go buy a new one than to try to find all the needle bearings.

I had no doubt the boy would wave the wrenches like a magic wand.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
These are pretty well retained by the race/sleeve. They can be a bugger to remove because you have to drive the race out from the outer end of the hollow spindle, but the new ones go back in pretty nice.

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
So glad my lady friend talked me out of selling this car.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
She does look good in it. smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I want to see a video of Ma speed shifting the thunderchicken.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Nope. She's right out in front with easy access like it should be. Whoever decided they need to be in the tank needs to groin kicked.

That's because they were mechanical pumps, Tom and needed to be mounted on the engine. Once they switched to electric pumps, they could mount them anywhere.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Spent Friday over in Green Bay. Started out at Lambreau for the Fleet Farm fall sports show/sale. The place was a zoo, but we really did get some great deals. This show gets bigger and bigger every year.

The ammo vendors all had signs saying "No 22 ammo". One vendor pulled me and my brother aside and told us Fleet had purchased 2 million rounds of 22 LR from Sellor & Belloit (SP) and they would be available in about 2 weeks. So if there is a Fleet Farm near you you will be able to get some 22 rounds.

Later that afternoon we hit the new Cabela's. 3 PM on Friday afternoon and it was packed. Can't say they had any great deals, but I did pickup a windshirt on close out. My granddaughter bought a camo jacket and pants (Scent Blocker).

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When you think about it, 2 million rounds isn't that much. I have enough 22 now for awhile. Gander gets theirs on Thursday and puts it out Friday. They said it's been on the shelf longer and longer each time before it's sold out.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You're right Tom. I haven't done much with a 22 in years, but I'm sure that I've shot well in excess of 10K rounds in my lifetime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
You're right Tom. I haven't done much with a 22 in years, but I'm sure that I've shot well in excess of 10K rounds in my lifetime.

When I was younger,I used to target practice with a Ruger mark 2 semi auto 22 pistol,5" heavy barrel everyday.I would shoot at least 100 rounds a day, for weeks on end.
If you figure 100 rounds a day for a year, that would be 36,500 rounds.
I would say I came pretty close to that round count for about 5 years in a row.
The first mark2 I owned was very well broken in,to say the least. laugh
still functioned perfectly,but very "loose",probably mostly from being taken apart and cleaned.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So I'm at a hunting show in Texas this weekend and stop in a booth to look at a what's called a traveling tower
http://www.travelingtower.com/home.php#sthash.LnAyZtx2.dpbs

Started talking with the guy, he must of been the owner of the company. Said he came up with the idea cause there are lots of swamp land in Mn. where he hunts and just couldn't get close to this one deer he wanted. So this idea was born. A stand that fits on your ATV and is raised by a cable/gearing system on the spot where you park your ATV.
Nice guy. I said you must be a ME with the design of the stand, he said ya. Anyway in the conversation we had I talked about this thread and all the guys up in MN and said he should find 24hour and this thread to meet up with many Mn. hunters. I believe the drivable stands are made in Mn.
Show is still open today, so if he shows up later you guys be nice, he seems like a good guy and lives in your country.

Last edited by Wtxj; 08/18/13.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Spent Friday over in Green Bay. Started out at Lambreau for the Fleet Farm fall sports show/sale. The place was a zoo, but we really did get some great deals. This show gets bigger and bigger every year.

The ammo vendors all had signs saying "No 22 ammo". One vendor pulled me and my brother aside and told us Fleet had purchased 2 million rounds of 22 LR from Sellor & Belloit (SP) and they would be available in about 2 weeks. So if there is a Fleet Farm near you you will be able to get some 22 rounds.

Later that afternoon we hit the new Cabela's. 3 PM on Friday afternoon and it was packed.
Can't say they had any great deals, but I did pickup a windshirt on close out. My granddaughter bought a camo jacket and pants (Scent Blocker).

When I was in Wisconsin last week. I went to one of these Fleet Farms you speak of. Holy Moly! If they don't sell it, you don't need it. This one was in Janesville and must've covered 10 acres...on the inside! Coulda bought a tractor or a gallon of milk. We used to to have Quality Farm & Fleet, but they went belly up. Now we only have Tractor Supply and its nothing like Fleet Farm. I could live there and the wife would never miss me. <actually I could live about anywhere and I'm not sure she'd know I'm gone>. JK, she's fast asleep next to me as I type this.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've got a Fleet Farm here in Lakeville, and they too have just about anything one could need. There's two ladies working the sporting goods counter who are both very well versed on firearms. They really do a good job and are very knowledgeable. A nice switch from going into a shop where the guy behind the counter doesn't know the difference between a 7mm Mauser and a 7mm Mag.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

When I was in Wisconsin last week. I went to one of these Fleet Farms you speak of. Holy Moly! If they don't sell it, you don't need it.

Yep... you were at Fleet Farm. smile

If you can't buy a tractor there, you can get the parts to make one.
Near my place, it's the best place to buy non gun related hunting gear. Their firearms selection sucks imo, but oh well.

Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with the one near my house becaue it's only 2 miles away. eek

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
About 15 years ago I saw a something like this only more elaborate. It was a hydraulic tower and had a gas engine to run the hydraulics. It required a truck or tractor to pull it. It was so large that it could only be set up on the edge of a field. The price was well over 10K.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On the way to work this am I saw a tree in the ditch that was in full color. It wasn't a maple...sometimes in Aug, I've seen maples start to chance, but this sucker was full color. Looked like a ash, but at 60 mph, it was hard to tell.

Some of the ground brush is starting to change as well. I'm starting to get a bit excited for fall...the 90* temps coming this week aren't helping, but boy am I ready.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I also took notice of some color on some lower brush this morning.

Something clever here.

Page 1,171 of 1,842 1 2 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.