Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Boise
East dry and conservative, west wet and liberal.

you boys are out of towners evidently...

Potland, Sale'em and EuGene don't make up the state of Oregon, contrary to popular belief... they occupy about 3/4 of 1 percent of the state's geography.. however sadly they out number all of the rest of us about 52 to 48%.. and they vote liberal....

but for the rest of the state, minus a few islands of Insanity... Ashland and Bend for instance, the rest of the state is predominantly conservative to very conservative...

like anywhere in the west, or course we have high profile California liberals that come up here, get involved in politics and being 'community organizers' like the one in the White House... who are on a mission to screw it up like every other place they go...

get past that, its a great place...

the liberals running the government sucks, but where doesn't when they get entrenched....

and as my son puts it, it only rains once a year in Oregon... from Thanksgiving to May...sometimes late April...

but it is still drier than Washington, which is much drier than BC....

it isn't as wonderful as it was in the 70s, but then where else is anyway....

and as far as hating Californians, it is something you have to deal with... but living here since 1995 and not coming from California, I learned one important thing about anyone who will bitch at someone being from California...

That turns out to be from California transplants...that got here before you did...

in typical self centered Californian Fashion, each one thinks they were the last good Californian across the State Line...

every one after them evidently is an assH*LE.....

My wife's family is from Oregon, so we go to visit regularly. Your analysis seems to jive pretty well with what I've seen. Last few times we went, we stayed in Bend. The areas we traveled through out in the sticks seemed like some great places and the country itself is beautiful. We love the diversity in geography, as well as the climate. That being said, the populated areas seem waaaayyyy over-regulated. I think you have to get a permit to pick up a pinecone or stick a shovel in the ground. Our cities down here have some terrible social issues which make most Oregon cities seem like something from a fairy tale, yet it seems like there are always too many activists/weirdos/politicians up there who are too smart for their own good. Certainly the yin to our yang, although the rural areas are not quite so different from our own, just a lot cooler in the summertime..... (grin)

Now with even more aplomb

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One more question, is it one buck per year bag limit? Or can I bow hunt for one, then use a rifle tag?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One only...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
One only...

Thanks. What about hunting does?

Lots of questions even though I have plenty of time.. ducks in a row and what not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only hippies in my family are native Oregonians from the Bend area, plenty more like 'em in the Ashland area.

That said, there is still some good stuff in Oregon.
Toss your Cali plates as you cross the border, lots of hate for Californians, I got a load of [bleep] from some a-hole at a Big R sporting goods store in White City a few years back when buying a license due to being a liberal treehugging Californian..... blush

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Winnie
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
One only...

Thanks. What about hunting does?

Lots of questions even though I have plenty of time.. ducks in a row and what not.

If you can pull a doe tag, then you can shoot two deer.

20 miles out of the bigger cities and the politics change.
Income taxes are the same, though. As much I love the state, I won't be retiring here for that reason.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rogue
In the last week I've ate deer, elk, salmon and multiple bottom fish....

Frickin Californians everywhere....... screw em.....

Funny, two of my best friends moved from California a few years back, the one that moved to Oregon is the absolute most accomplished salmon & steelhead fisherman I know, his resume, skills & knowledge is mind numbing.

The other moved to western Montana, he is a multiple Grand Slammer with a big game trophy collection that is beyond stunning, an extremely good trapper too with a collection of Newhouse traps that you just wouldn't believe.

Both live with the curse of being ex Californians and because of such are rated as second class citizens by many natives...

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, ripping on California is favorite past time. I don't really hate all Californians, I know better than that. The California hated by Oregonians is more a state of mind. The State of Jefferson type Californian has never been the problem.

I get that most of Cali is actually very conservative, just like Oregon. We have Multnoma County (Portland), Eugene, Bend and Ashland. Cali has the Bay and the LA areas. Both states are ruled by the metro areas.

As a kid Oregon was far less than a million in population. Now it's closer to 4mil. Almost all of that growth is from immigrating Californian. I fully understand that most of them are very good people running from the crap down there.

I have often heard why people are leaving California because it sucks, but then in the next sentence tell me how it was so much better, than up here. Got it. Most of the hippies up here are from California stock. Most of everyone up here is from California stock.

Did I mention how absolutely, I really do love California from about Redding north. Jefferson State.

Last edited by Rogue; 08/20/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd bet you don't hate them as much as I do, since I'm surrounded by the bastards... mad

You are pretty much right on target Rogue.

I'd load up the U-haul today, but I'm anchored with a wife that simply will not leave, she doesn't see the world around her like I do, lucky her.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B zone get's two Bucks. That's cool...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did I mention I work in Ashlandistan.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm a native Oregonian. Oregon will be like California in another 20 years, or less. I'd move to Eastern Oregon if I could. We are three miles from town now and the Princess thanks that's too far.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm a native of Virginia... I am also a military dependent growing up... so I have lived and traveled pretty much all over the entire country....

of the things I hate in Oregon, If I had to leave here and settle somewhere else, the number of states I'd move to is made up of a pretty short list... much shorter than it was 20 years ago when I moved to Oregon...

a lot of places I still love to travel to, but when you just visit, you don't have to live much with all the local State Governmental BS....

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I'd bet you don't hate them as much as I do, since I'm surrounded by the bastards... mad

I'd load up the U-haul today, but I'm anchored with a wife that simply will not leave, she doesn't see the world around her like I do, lucky her.

And you were always the one fighting to defend California, sir..

It is that bad now.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I grew up in S. Oregon (Rogue River area), back in the '40s and '50s', when indeed Oregon was a great and beautiful state.
However, around the late '50s and early '60s, the Californians started their massive migration north. Supposedly, to get away from the librel way of life! How soon they forgot, because it sure didn't take them long to try to convert Oregon, to the same thing that they fled California for! In '65, I did my own northerly migration. Have went back a couple of times for visits, but the durn state has gotten so librel, I think my visits are even over!!
Twink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winnie
Originally Posted by Salmonella

And you were always the one fighting to defend California, sir..

is that bad now.

I still have it better than many but it's getting worse all the time and with a democratic supermajority I have pretty much lost all hope.

I sadly watched as they banned trapping, mountain lion hunting, hunting with hounds, are proposing a lead ammo ban and are adding new gun laws daily.

(Look for coyote hunting restrictions this winter, it's coming)

My kind of people are disappearing at an alarming rate, I see liberal, progressive treehuggers infiltrating the department of fish and game to the point where they changed the name to "The Dept. Of Fish & Wildlife", a change that cost millions of dollars in this nearly bankrupt state.

Kids can now use either sex restrooms based on which sex they feel like they are on that particular day.

We have to do bi-annual smog checks on our vehicles to get them registered, I registered my wife's car and my pick up last month and it was close to $800.00.

We have "spare the air" days where we have to check the status before we can light our wood stoves in the winter.

Building permits are astronomically expensive and difficult to get.

We have 10 day "cooling off period" before we can take home a firearm that we purchased "for our protection".

Our Governor and his Lieutenant are radical leftist treehuggers and eagerly sign any anti hunting or anti gun bill that comes down the pipe.

It just goes on and on endlessly....

Yes, I'm tired....

If you need more reasons here are 55.....

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/55-reasons-why-california-is-the-worst-state-in-america

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'm a native of Virginia... I am also a military dependent growing up... so I have lived and traveled pretty much all over the entire country....

of the things I hate in Oregon, If I had to leave here and settle somewhere else, the number of states I'd move to is made up of a pretty short list... much shorter than it was 20 years ago when I moved to Oregon...

My list is short too.

Alaska

Wyoming

Montana

Idaho

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's the list..

Alberta doesn't sound that bad compared to hippyville......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oregon is a big state, most of the population is in the Willamette valley. I moved from Oregon to Montana because of the population growth, the liberals are not just from California. The high tech growth really changed the state politics along with Nike. Aside from Bend (really yuppie now), the East side is nice, but not many jobs. A lot of the coast is still pretty decent if you don't mind rain 366 days a year smile.

There is still not much in most of the East side besides ranches and farms and it's 2/3 the land mass of the state. Oregon has some strict land use laws, so land around Portland is scarce and people are crowded. Finding a place outside of town is tough and expensive since most property has to be 80+ acres to build on.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For you Montana guys. Is Montana the next western state to slip into a more liberal mode as more people from the east, from California (specifically Hollywood) move there? The Senate author of Obamacare is from Montana and Montana has 2 democratic Senators and has elected a democratic Governors in the last several elections. What's your view of the future?

Last edited by logger; 08/21/13.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.