-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As has been stated; you could throw away countless American lives and dollars, and still not fix what ails the middle east. As to the comment about Israel; I say stay the hell outta their way and let them do what they need to do to protect themselves!

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, ultimately Israel is their final prize.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/22/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2crow
As has been stated; you could throw away countless American lives and dollars, and still not fix what ails the middle east. As to the comment about Israel; I say stay the hell outta their way and let them do what they need to do to protect themselves!

I can support that - as long as we don't have to get involved. But there is no shortage of people who think we should spill our last drop of blood protecting them over a piece of land.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/22/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poor kids... bunch of animals over there. RIP.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
muslims killing muslims is not all that bad. Even if zero did 'respond', he'd just get it all wrong, and screw it up worse. America does NOT need to be any more involved in that cess pool.

How do we know this is not a set up by the rebels? This is a bottomless hole & we don't heed to be involved.

excellent point!

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/22/13.

Sam......

IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
How do we know this is not a set up by the rebels? This is a bottomless hole & we don't heed to be involved.

+1

The rebels are so disorganized that we don't know who we would be helping if we do get involved. We might put a group even worse than Alquaida into power. The U.S. has no national interests in Syria. Certainly nothing worth the life of even one American. I don't care what BamBam said about a line in the sand. I hope he snivels his way out of action on this one just like he did at Ben Gazi. Maybe send a token drone strike to save face. We need to stay out. We're not the policeman for the world and we need to stop acting like we are.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Obummer will fold on this issue just like every other tough issue. He is a puzzy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
His spokesman said yesterday when asked about it and weasled around to legal action after the war or smoke clears enough to tell the good from the bad.. as punishment for crossing the red line. Pitiful. Although I hope we stay out of it..he should have kept a big mouth shut with the bad ass red line stuff to start with.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
who cares how many he kills or how he kills them? they are all our enemy and the ones he kills now won't be killing US Soldiers in the future. Nits grow up to be lice. US needs to stay out and let him rid the world these fools and then terminate him and his Army

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2crow

And by "protect themselves, I mean the Israels.

And when it's all done, we can get some Nathans Hot Dogs and have a weenie roast!

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have no business over there helping anybody...

"Posted on February 26, 2013 by John Hinderaker in Islam, Religion
Christians Are Now World�s Most Persecuted Religion

At Commentary, Evelyn Gordon writes that Christianity has replaced Judaism as the world�s most persecuted religion:

In recent months, a new consensus has emerged: For the first time in millennia, Judaism has lost its title as the world�s most persecuted religion; today, that dubious honor goes to Christianity. �Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers,� wrote Rupert Shortt in a 54-page report for the London-based Civitas institute in December, which meticulously documented their persecution on a country-by-country basis. Even politicians have begun grasping this fact: German Chancellor Angela Merkel publicly deemed Christianity �the most persecuted religion in the world� in November. In short, as one commentator put it last week, Christians have become the new Jews.

Gordon attributes this shift partly to the existence of Israel, which gives haven to persecuted Jews. That is no doubt correct, although I think most of the places that are now persecuting Christians either killed or drove off their Jews long ago, or�like, say, Nigeria and Indonesia�never had any to speak of.

As a Christian, I take particular note of the second factor that Gordon Notes, �increased persecution of Christians.� That persecution has been, in my view, far too little reported. Many Americans (which means, by default, many American Christians) apparently still labor under the complacent illusion that the world�s principal religious conflict is between Muslims and Jews. That is no longer true, if it ever was. Rather, the main victims of Islamic oppression, and all too often Islamic violence, are Christians. It would be good if this fact were more widely understood. Then maybe we will find out whether American Christians care."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I think the French should take the lead here, since America is to heavy handed. Then again, If we don't nobody else will. The let Yugoslavia decent in a genocide. Not that I cared that much the Muslims there had it coming. But we did intervene. They bitch when we don't and bitch when we do. Do we need to intervene here, gee I don't know, I could care less about them, but there maybe reasons to do so. The problem is that the current crop of our leaders can't be trusted. In the end yea we will because we are the only ones that can. And we will get spit on for doing so, just as we will get spit on for not doing anything. If I was to take sides it would be with the current legal government of Syria. I would offer all the aid needed but it would come with a price, the price being full disclosure on were the Chemical Weapons came from in the first place, second, you have to make peace with Israel, and third plan behaving yourself from now on, and return Elle Cohen to his family. What ever it is we do , we do not turn over the country to the Muslim Brotherhood. If anything we help them kill them all. In doing this we protect ourselves.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DownWind
I don't see how he cannot respond.

After watching the imposter inaction (purposely one word) I can see how. I'm hoping he'll send Al and Jessie to fix this. He's not a leader and never will be.
I'm hoping he will do nothing. Whatever he does will be wrong and cause more American's grief. Of course, that is his goal, so watch out!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by temmi
1,000,000 dead Syrians anybody are not worth 1 US service person

We need to stay out

Snake

Geopolitics and the national interest are the issues. One million dead are not are concern unless of course it's in our national interest and if there were to be, then we go in. It's that simple.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
One dead thug on a roadside in a neighborhood in Florida and he's on the horn instantly running his suck and dividing the american people, hundreds of children dead from the use of nerve gas that the U.S has sworn to defend against, and now not a peep? People ask me why I am so optimistic about ending my career in the Corps after nearly 10 years in a day in age like this with jobs so hard to find. Ill tell ya, I'd rather be jobless living in a dumpster eating leftovers from the bottom of a trash can than to look someone in the eye when asked and admit that this piece of muslim dog [bleep] is my commander and chief! U.S.M.C the presidents own fighting force, what a fuc*ing discrace, why on gods green earth does this coward rate to command the fiercest fighting force on the planet?

how can they prove its solicitation of a prostitute? I gave the whooor the money in a birthday card.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by temmi
1,000,000 dead Syrians anybody are not worth 1 US service person

We need to stay out

Snake

Geopolitics and the national interest are the issues. One million dead are not are concern unless of course it's in our national interest and if there were to be, then we go in. It's that simple.

yep

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does the U.S. always HAVE to get involved in the Middle East?

A very valid question from my standpoint. There are immediate neighbors in the region that should be more concerned than the US. Why can't they kick some ass?

If the US does become involved, neither side will love us when it's over. I see no gains what so ever. Just another place to dump endless aid to pad the accounts of an elite few.

Every person that I've known from the middle east expresses an opinion that "might makes right." Sell arms to both sides, and let them sort it out on their own.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/22/13.

1Minute
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Let it be Russia and China's problem for a change.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I could see the radical Muslim rebels doing this to get the US to help them.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We should not be arming ANY Islamists. Instead, lets arm the Syrian Christians.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.