-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
if my little girls bow shoots 215 fts and the arrows weight 282 grns and she has a 22 inch draw length. I need to see if it passes Alabama state law of 35lbs minimun.

flinginammo at gon.com and accurate shooter.com
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What bow? Do you know the rated ibo speed for it? At least need make and model.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One solution would be to take a sharpie and write 35# @ 22" on it.

Easy peasey, Japanesey.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
What bow? Do you know the rated ibo speed for it? At least need make and model.

it is a bear apprentence
Its not that simple..The bow is wide open. it maxes at 50lbs at 27 inches,it is only set at 22 inches!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
One solution would be to take a sharpie and write 35# @ 22" on it.

Easy peasey, Japanesey.

Thats a good idea!!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
mark an arrow to 22, put it on the string, put it on a scale and pull back to the mark....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you have a computer program that can calculate such things it is that EASY

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That program is called google lol. That bow operates on a sliding DW/DL scale. So depends on how far the limb bolts are backed out. If they are tightened down all the way she is good. If they are backed out the max # of turns she should be at about 27,5#. Your best bet to make doubly shure is a trip to archery shop that has a scale.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/sites/all/themes/bear2013/manuals/2013/2013BearAdultBowManual.pdf
Here is the chart for the Bear Apprentice 2.
Find the draw length on the chart. If the limb bolts are tightened all the way down, the DW will be easy to determine. Same if they are backed out the max# of turns. Anywhere in between and youll definitely need a scale to check it.

Custom Strings/Tuning
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
[quote=280Ackleyrized]http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/sites/all/themes/bear2013/manuals/2010/2010BearAdultBowManual.pdf
Above is the weight chart for the original Bear Apprentice[/quote

280, you my friend will put some effort into helping a fellow campfire member!!!!
there is a chart in the manual that shows 22 inches is 42 lbs. BUT, this bow is still on original string with alot of shots and has been stretched some. Thats why i was trying to figure out mathematically with know variables. Guess im just going to take it to a archery shop or buy a scale..
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your dang lucky I didnt see that Auburn avitar before i started looking for Info lol.
Always glad to help out. Especially if its for a kid. I tune bows when Im not at my regular job. What I do goes beyond what most archery shops will take the time to do. For some it IS about splitting hairs. For others its a confidence builder. Knowing a shooter and his/her bow is absolutely tuned to perfection goes a long way with some. But helping others(even if they are Auburn, or even worse, Bama fans) is what the archery community is about

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On normal bows, that would have been easy to figure out. I have an archery program that will allow me to calculate those things. But it doesnt work on bows with a sliding scale like the Apprentice/Apprentice 2

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It should work. Because on most bows every inch of draw increase adds about 5fts of arrow speed = so it is increasing the draw weight I would assume ?!?! Or is it the arrow just collecting more energy staying contacted with the string longer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On a regular bow, with a 70# max DW, and a 26-30" DL, its 70# wether the mods are set on the shortest or longest draw length setting. You increase speed at the longer settings because you are making more use of the cam. It is rotating more which is in turn pulling the limb tips even closer together, which is building up even more energy to be utilized upon release

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you have a luggage scale around the house you can hang it and pull your bow down and get a close reading of the draw weight. I have checked my bow at a bow shop then checked it on luggage scale and it was really close. Should give you a good close idea of draw weight.

There are no bad days hunting elk, some are just better.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Gonna have to take it to the bow shop since I do not have a luggage or fish scale..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.