Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,176 of 1,842 1 2 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1841 1842
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That woof looks awfully sleepy...oughta back off on the cough syrup a bit.

Our state approved having a wolf season, they just can't figure out how to go about it, so we have to wait and wait and...

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Woof strollers.... Snork. grin

Fluffy, how come you didn't bust out those pics last year?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm getting pretty excited to get my gear set up so i can hit the woods. Thunder chicken season is around the corner and I have to set some cameras out. Lil Mike Tyson has a football game on Sunday of small game opener so it will be a short trip north.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dove season starts here the 1st, never been one to chase tiny birds, gotta shoot a pile of them to feed a family. but it is the first sign of fall!
I need to start shooting my bow, season is a month away, yikes!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Applied for my woof tag too. Lets hope someone here gets one and is successful....like last year.

Hey Griz, do they make polyester in green and gold? I am betting you have some if they do! c'mon, fess up! How are those Packers looking this year? It will be a miracle if we even score against them.

I think there's a law against polyester clothing in any color. So no, I don' have any.

Green Bay has a tough schedule in the early part of the season. Their first game is against SF in SF. Ask me at the end of the season how they made out.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As of last night I have 90% of my trails, shooting lanes & fields mowed.
The other 10% will have to wait for repairs to my brush mower or next year after I build a new (& much better than can be bought) one.
The cameras will go up this weekend.

There was a pack of wolves a couple miles down the road from me the other night howling to beat heck. Must have had something exciting going on back in the woods. Spooky sound. Nothing even close to yotes or fox.

I wish this weather would settle down so I had more ambition. It's hard on a fat guy who lives in A/C 80% of his day.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Fluffy, where you get one of them woof strollers?

Looks a lot like my cabelas super mag bambi stroller .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Woof strollers.... Snork. grin

Fluffy, how come you didn't bust out those pics last year?

They were on my sons phone, I didnt know he had them till I needed to change his phone to a new one.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Dove season starts here the 1st, never been one to chase tiny birds, gotta shoot a pile of them to feed a family. but it is the first sign of fall!
I need to start shooting my bow, season is a month away, yikes!

Deer bow season starts here this Sunday ~!

Camera are out & lanes trimmed.

Couple with definite potential (read: if they stroll by, I'll be releasing !), but it's still 30+C here, think I'll wait for significant temp drop. Love to drop one in velvet, but will not waste the meat, just to do so. Too bl00dy hot to hang & process in my shop, yet.

Good luck guys.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Where the heck have you been!?!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In case any of the Minnesota boys might be interested in a get-together/doe hunt, I did a little more research. The early antlerless tags don't have to be purchased by the Sept. 5th antlerless deadline-they're available over the counter, and a Zone 1 license works for the hunt. I am going to buy my tag and put in for my antlerless permit for up north, and plan on going down to do a couple grouse hunt/recon trips to the early antlerless areas. If anyone's interested in tagging along, or going down for the doe hunt, let me know. If no one wants to go down there for the doe hunt, I'll just do it as a day trip, but if anyone wants to split a motel room, that would be fine too. Anyone interested?

5 deer (antlerless) limit, tags are $7.50 each, and any deer taken don't count against your regular season limits.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure would if I was closer.

checked some cameras today and got pics of deer losing velvet, in full velvet and some with bare horn. mama looked them over and picked her buck out, I concur, he's a nice one, and bigger rack than any I have. saw 2 with goofy racks and one with a little nub of a kicker. hoping to have a great season. with it being so hot and dry now it's pushing them to water, I'm sure hoping the EHD doesn't come out again

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Fluffy, where you get one of them woof strollers?

I replied this morning ,but forgot to send it. laugh
it is my brothers woof stroller, on its maiden voyage, either a Cabelas, or gander I forget which.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
In case any of the Minnesota boys might be interested in a get-together/doe hunt, I did a little more research. The early antlerless tags don't have to be purchased by the Sept. 5th antlerless deadline-they're available over the counter, and a Zone 1 license works for the hunt. I am going to buy my tag and put in for my antlerless permit for up north, and plan on going down to do a couple grouse hunt/recon trips to the early antlerless areas. If anyone's interested in tagging along, or going down for the doe hunt, let me know. If no one wants to go down there for the doe hunt, I'll just do it as a day trip, but if anyone wants to split a motel room, that would be fine too. Anyone interested?

5 deer (antlerless) limit, tags are $7.50 each, and any deer taken don't count against your regular season limits.

I'd love to!
I know from past expirence that the Richard J Dorer state forest gets pretty crowded in deer season.

Some friends and I went down there in blackpowder season back in the mid 90s.
Before season the shooting range was empty.
weekend before season, there was literally dozens of people, kids running around unsupervised, complete chaos.mostly non English speaking folks present.
I would guess an early season would be similar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by gophergunner

I'd love to!
I know from past expirence that the Richard J Dorer state forest gets pretty crowded in deer season.

Some friends and I went down there in blackpowder season back in the mid 90s.
Before season the shooting range was empty.
weekend before season, there was literally dozens of people, kids running around unsupervised, complete chaos.mostly non English speaking folks present.
I would guess an early season would be similar.
Sounds like a definite possibility. PM sent

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
Where the heck have you been!?!

Hi Tom,

Busy summer at work + 2 week tour of Alaska, but I'm always lurking (reading my favourite thread) !

Got the itch bad, but still way hot up here !

You might say ready, but not willing.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the John Deere mower & 4 wheeler loaded, Special K bars made, few things to get done in the morning, then off to pick up mom, Kenna, & Babe for our trip to Chickenbuck!!!!!!!! Going to be a great weekend. Hope to get lots of odds & ends done at camp before hunting season.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have a great Labor Day everyone! its been a hot short summer here and been so busy at work, need soem time off. soon i hope. Get chickenbuck ready, i am almost ready to trek to the forest. maybe when i come back from india, my other lake projects will be complete so i can stay home and relax. Lots of deer sightings this year already. have fun at chickenbuck!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Putting the final coat of paint on the new garage service door this morning. We'll be spending the weekend with my brother and SIL in their new camper.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 08/30/13.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
worked hard all week to have today off, doing some errands this morning, working on the garage a bit and tomorrow heading to the lake! have a great weekend everyone!

Page 1,176 of 1,842 1 2 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugeman, 222ND, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,919
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.