Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Not only do many of the tv hosts have language difficulties but the majority (not all, but the majority) seem to have been the last to leave the "all you can eat" buffet line.

It amazes me how some of them manage to navigate the hills in high altitude country.

Jim

Any dimwit with enough $$$ can have his own outdoor tv show. Most of these dolts today are silver spoon rich kids using daddy's money.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe

And the 24HCF...there are enough grammatical and spelling errors on any given day here to make a comedic career out of....

And God help me, I am guilty of a goodly portion of them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
English is a second language for you, isn't it?
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I realize that this is anecdotal and of limited application but the producers of the show demand that the participants act and talk like total idiots.
Here is the deal. My two boys were contacted by an outdoor film maker to do a hog hunting show. Hopes were to sell a series. Both of them are college graduates and have regular jobs that require them dealing with the public in sales (oil field chemicals and well service). I was to have a bit part as the old daddy gray back from way back.
He wanted us to talk in genuine East Texas gibberish sounding like a cross between Festus Hagan and mush mouth. Plans fell through of course but it was pure put on talk.

Quando Omni Moritati
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
English is a second language for you, isn't it?
smile

No, English is my language of birth...it that bloody Yank that doesn't translate well.

Considering there are somewhere around three hundred million of you lot one would think the odds of at least a couple of you being able to comprehend English would be good.

(crap, we could do with a snide/smart-arse icon)...insert said icon here.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
I realize that this is anecdotal and of limited application but the producers of the show demand that the participants act and talk like total idiots.
Here is the deal. My two boys were contacted by an outdoor film maker to do a hog hunting show. Hopes were to sell a series. Both of them are college graduates and have regular jobs that require them dealing with the public in sales (oil field chemicals and well service). I was to have a bit part as the old daddy gray back from way back.
He wanted us to talk in genuine East Texas gibberish sounding like a cross between Festus Hagan and mush mouth. Plans fell through of course but it was pure put on talk.

My wife watches a couple of Yank shows that have some turkeys wandering about talking gibberish, ripping people off, and treating everyone like they are in-bred morons... something about pickers and pawn broking!

Good God...do all of your lot have attitude and a bad haircut?

I am not even going to tell you what I thought about the dreadful five minutes I sat there watching some rubbish about an American "gunshop".

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Let me tell you, I know quite a few "good ole boys" that can calculate the ammortization of a 30 year variable rate loan in there head. While they are doing the math they will be "ah shucks, and yes 'em" you to death. About two days after the deal is complete you will realize that the ole hillbilly "out foxed" ya. I've seen enough big city "slickies" go home "skinned" to know that a fancy speech pattern is not a quarantee of superior intelligenc.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Allthough a very pore atempte at proper jibbirish. You trouly have a lot to learn, just me on that,grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In response to the OP, i would say that it is because each of the hunting shows try to "out-bubba" the next.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Well for me it quite simple. If I can see the crown of a barrel or slide for lack of knowing on a crossbow. I Just nix it, that show never to be viewed by me again ever! There are some good ones but dang few.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
For some reason, many think hunting & fishing are down home type sports, engaged in by rednecks & the like. So, they try to butcher the language to sound redneckish.

That's a shooter. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by rufous
Jstuart- is that your solution to every problem? Ignore it and it will go away?

BobinNH- to what do you attribute the decline since Clinton in particular?

Our language matters to me as does basic intelligence, intellect etc. Obviously many just do not give a damn and are happy to come across as idiots. The dumbing down of our society does not bode well for our future.

No, I control what I do, and leave attempting to control others to those of an interfering anal-retentive bent.

I suggest you avoid texting.

And the 24HCF...there are enough grammatical and spelling errors on any given day here to make a comedic career out of....

Any errors in my spelling/grammer are due to ignorance, mistake, not using spell-check, or on purpose... smile

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Maybe I should change my signature? smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmCreedmoor, 007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.