Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
A family-owned Christian bakery, under investigation for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, has been forced to close its doors after a vicious boycott by militant homosexual activists.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...-protests/?test=latestnews#ixzz2drRuTfqS
Its a shame that people don't even have the right to stand for their own beliefs anymore. While I think the government has no place regulating the field of marriage(a religious institution), I also feel it has no business telling us what products we can and can't produce because of fairness and political correctness.

NRA Benefactor Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they weren't selling to homos, then how would a homo boycott affect them?

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like they stood for their beliefs just fine. It cost them, but it was their choice.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Boo hoo! those mean old lesbians closed down my profitable and stable business. Man up and get your arse back in the kitchen and make some cup cakes.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perhaps a wedding cake made with Ex-Lax might have made a memorable statement...

Everything is on the internet too! Ex-Lax cake recipe

John

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 257wby
If they weren't selling to homos, then how would a homo boycott affect them?
It's not just about boycotts, in each case a state investigation into discrimination practices was being launched or was pending. That puts a different spin, no? Sounds like a violation of #1, at least.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you don't believe in something, you don't do it. They didn't have a skin color problem. They have a sexual sin problem. As Christians we are to have no fellowship with the sinful works of darkness. Maybe they should move to a more Christian friendly state. Lots of gun manufacturers and moveing to more gun friendly states. Our country is extremely divided. It might lead to a civil war eventually as militant as gays are getting as well as the government spending millions on Muslim foot washing stations.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BrentD
Sounds like they stood for their beliefs just fine. It cost them, but it was their choice.

Not like the old Jew when closing his store on Christmas Eve totaled up his receipts and said Jesus Christ was such a good man and friend of mine.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jpb
Perhaps a wedding cake made with Ex-Lax might have made a memorable statement...

Everything is on the internet too! Ex-Lax cake recipe

John

laugh

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rkamp

Boo hoo! those mean old lesbians closed down my profitable and stable business. Man up and get your arse back in the kitchen and make some cup cakes.
Boo hoo, those mean ol' lezzies couldn't simply go to another bakery for their "celebration" goodies, they had to go whine (boohoo) to a gov't agency that their "rights" were being violated. Let 'em eat cake, preferably baked by another establishment.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD

Nice Business You Got Here, Be a Shame if Something Happened to it...

There's a little bit more to it than just "their choice". Militant Gay copied their tactics from Militant Left in their attack on this small business.
From the OP's linked article:
"The LGBT protestors then turned on other wedding vendors around the community. They threatened to boycott any florists, wedding planners or other vendors that did business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa."

The Anti-Walker Militant Left used similar tactics in Madison, WI when they threatened to boycott and expose store owners who did not want to put up signs on their store fronts.

WSEU circulating boycott letters
By Don Walker of the Journal Sentinel
March 30, 2011

Members of Wisconsin State Employees Union, AFSCME Council 24, have begun circulating letters to businesses in southeast Wisconsin, asking them to support workers� rights by putting up a sign in their windows.

If businesses fail to comply, the letter says, �Failure to do so will leave us no choice but (to) do a public boycott of your business. And sorry, neutral means 'no' to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members."

Jim Parrett, a field representative of Council 24 for Southeast Wisconsin, confirmed the contents of the letter, which carries his signature. But he added that the union was also circulating letters to businesses thanking them for supporting workers� rights.

Parrett said that since the letters were sent out, he has received threatening phone calls as well as calls from people supporting the state workers.

"I've gotten a lot of threatening phone calls," Parrett said.

Parrett said he believed the letter campaign was going on in other parts of the state. His region includes Racine and Kenosha counties, as well as parts of Waukesha and Walworth counties.

�It�s going on in other parts of the state,� he said Wednesday.

Parrett referred questions to Marty Beil, the head of the Wisconsin State Employees Union. Beil was not immediately available for comment.

In the letter from Parrett to some businesses, he says that, �It is unfortunate that you have chosen �not� to support public workers rights in Wisconsin. In recent past weeks you have been offered a sign by a public employee who works in one of the state facilities in the Union Grove area. These signs simply said, �This Business Supports Workers Rights,� a simple, subtle and we feel non-controversial statement gives the facts at this time.�

Parrett said a number of WSEU locals in his region represent more than 1,300 union workers who have a combined yearly income of more than $56 million.

Terri Gray, executive director of the Union Grove Chamber of Commerce, said she had received many calls from member businesses about the union-led effort. She said most of the calls came from businessmen and women who preferred to remain neutral in the dispute between Gov. Scott Walker and organized labor.

"They don't want to pick a side," she said. "I told them, 'I believe you can choose to not choose.'"

Gray said the campaign appeared to have started a day or two ago. She said she didn't know whether the sign campaign was having an impact.

Asked Wednesday about the boycott effort, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said "that any nonviolent tactic used to get attention to the steamroller tactics it seems to me are reasonable. I encourage people to remain nonviolent and disciplined in their protests."

Asked if he supported boycott efforts in Wisconsin, Jackson did not directly endorse them.

He said: The best way to resolve conflict is when everybody is at the table and they can negotiate through some rational institutional process."

Find this article at:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/118910229.html

Nice Business You Got Here, Be a Shame if Something Happened to it...

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gay Mafia

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If you don't believe in something, you don't do it. They didn't have a skin color problem. They have a sexual sin problem. As Christians we are to have no fellowship with the sinful works of darkness. Maybe they should move to a more Christian friendly state. Lots of gun manufacturers and moveing to more gun friendly states. Our country is extremely divided. It might lead to a civil war eventually as militant as gays are getting as well as the government spending millions on Muslim foot washing stations.

You don't open a head shop in Muskogee.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Gay Mafia

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If a bunch of gays boycotted my business I'd fight back, and I don't think they'd like the tactics.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't give a [bleep] about their politics but that one less place to make donuts on this planet

and that...is a tragedy

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[/quote]As a business owner they should be able to do business with whom they wish. As Christians they need to obey God's Word.

[quote]They have a sexual sin problem. As Christians we are to have no fellowship with the sinful works of darkness. Maybe they should move to a more Christian friendly state.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13

"I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler�not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If a bunch of gays boycotted my business I'd fight back, and I don't think they'd like the tactics.

What could you do?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Not like the old Jew when closing his store on Christmas Eve totaled up his receipts and said Jesus Christ was such a good man and friend of mine.

You so wanna belong somewhere don't you......Keep hunting ya ain't found it yet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
It might lead to a civil war eventually as militant as gays are getting as well as the government spending millions on Muslim foot washing stations.

I really don't think that is to far off in the future, sad but not far off.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (7mm_Loco, 264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,746 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,060
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.