Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by okok
I don't see what the BFD is? The guy was a dirtbag,albeit an old dirtbag.

If we start shooting every dirtbag, there's going to be a real ammo shortage.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It is a shame, ain't it? Maybe cloning will come to pass.

If cloning comes to pass they'll likely start with folks of at least average size, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

You a meat gazer? You been followin' me into the bathroom? I'm hurt you didn't introduce yourself!.....(not really)

No, but everything about your posts lead me to believe that you're just a little fella spending your life trying to convince everyone you're a big fella.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If cloning comes to pass they'll likely start with folks of at least average size, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

You a meat gazer? You been followin' me into the bathroom? I'm hurt you didn't introduce yourself!.....(not really)

No, but everything about your posts lead me to believe that you're just a little fella spending your life trying to convince everyone you're a big fella.

Well, at 5'8"/170#, I AM a little fella. I've carried my load in spite of that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure you have. And I'm sure we'd all like you a lot better if you'd stop trying so hard to convince us of that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm sure you have. And I'm sure we'd all like you a lot better if you'd stop trying so hard to convince us of that.

I never have been one to pick a fight but I was always on my feet when it got broke up, plan to do so in the future. Like the saying, "Don't start no [bleep]...."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They couldn't disarm a 107 year old man? No this was all about flexing the muscle and the switching of police to a police state.

NRA Lifetime Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You've been cloned, Google fleshlight

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anybody shoots at me, I'm going to do everything in my power to return fire with deadly force. This ain't about figuring out how young or old he is-he shot at them! Were you in the same situation, can you honestly tell me you'd not return fire?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
If anybody shoots at me, I'm going to do everything in my power to return fire with deadly force. This ain't about figuring out how young or old he is-he shot at them! Were you in the same situation, can you honestly tell me you'd not return fire?

I have no idea how long it took this situation to play out.

I can however tell you that if I was in that situation, I would have no need to immidiently gas and storm the bed room of a 107 year old armed man, especially when he was no threat to anyone except himself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By the time it gets to shots fired at police thru walls/door and people threatened I think you've lost all your rights to be dealt with leniently.

LOL
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
By the time it gets to shots fired at police thru walls/door and people threatened I think you've lost all your rights to be dealt with leniently.

Maybe so but I would like to know how much time was spent trying to talk him down before making that determination. It is rather alarming that these killings of senior citizens seem to be getting more common.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okok
I don't see what the BFD is? The guy was a dirtbag,albeit an old dirtbag.

The BFD is that history is written by the victors. All we know is what the SWAT team and their associates tell us. Dead men tell no tales.

The BFD is that the death penalty is not issued by the Police in this country. However, the militarized units of the police disagree with this, and are learning how to justify the actions they take. "he aimed a gun". See point one.

The BFD is that to someone with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. A 107 year old man is not a nail.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner

There is a group on the fire that take cracks at the police regardless of what they would actually do if faced with a similar situation. They like to tell big stories about how they would have handled the situation, like going in and getting him with their ballistic shield.

The anonymity of the Internet has created these heroes.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
According to some news reports the old man was legally deaf and blind. Perhaps the question is "Where were his caregivers?" Why were two people in his house and why did they call police? Why did they not tell police he was disabled?

Last edited by chris375; 09/09/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
they could've just set the house on fire

that's pretty popular these days when 5 minutes worth of negotiations break down

light that mofo....the Krispy Kreme sign is flashing HOT DONUTS gottdammit

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Zrack656
I wonder how much a 357 round slows down when fired by someone who is 107 vs 27. I bet it would not even penetrate the door.

Age of the bad guy is not an issue. Don't be surprised when you fire a gun at someone and they fire back.

Ballistic shields stop 'em 100% of the time. I'd rather get shot than go down as the pussy cop who killed the "deadly" centenarian. Fatalities from handgun wounds are FAR from the rule, especially if you have some competent TCCC-trained medics nearby. Wearing level IV armor, MICH helmet, shield and you couldn't bum rush an disarm a 107yo man? Please!

Had he been firing a Garand out the window, then yeah, he was owed a bullet, but he'd let his "captors" go and was apparently a threat to no-one. This is ATF-Branch Davidianesqe "Look at us" [bleep].

][Linked Image]

Meet my friend Andy, he was killed in the kine of duty while wearing a vest and being shot with a handgun. My simple guess is you are a no load pus-nuts chicken [bleep] keyboard commando. Who, should he ever come out of his parents basement and actually find himself in a bad situation would probably cry like a baby and piss your pants.

It is very damned likely that they were formulating a plan to make an entry and subdue him when he started shooting. At that point all bets are off. GFY

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
heard on the news this morning he was legally blind and pretty much deaf.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of folks are legally blind without correction , then they put their glasses on & can legally drive an automobile & do anything else that folks with normal eyesight can do.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
doesn't really matter anyways, once you start shooting at someone all bets are off.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=Zrack656]I wonder how much a 357 round slows down when fired by someone who is 107 vs 27. I bet it would not even penetrate the door.

Age of the bad guy is not an issue. Don't be surprised when you fire a gun at someone and they fire back.

Ballistic shields stop 'em 100% of the time. I'd rather get shot than go down as the pussy cop who killed the "deadly" centenarian. Fatalities from handgun wounds are FAR from the rule, especially if you have some competent TCCC-trained medics nearby. Wearing level IV armor, MICH helmet, shield and you couldn't bum rush an disarm a 107yo man? Please! [\quote]

Had he been firing a Garand out the window, then yeah, he was owed a bullet, but he'd let his "captors" go and was apparently a threat to no-one. This is ATF-Branch Davidianesqe "Look at us"

Funny, funny, stuff. You must be a real badass, charging armed men and not being concerned about getting shot with a handgun because a TCCC trained medic is nearby. If we just had a team of people like you that could travel around the county solving these situations we wouldn't need the police at all.

Last edited by TAGLARRY; 09/09/13.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,064
Posts18,521,473
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.