Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This one was in my driveway last summer. They don't get a pass around the house. Three young kids spend too much time outside playing....

[Linked Image]

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by byc
It's a dead snake, which is a good snake.

PERIOD!

Why ?

Mike

Because ALL snakes are potentially dangerous - they'll cause you to run into schit and hurt yourself.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stray round
Originally Posted by RDW
These are Copperheads, I have only found one this year and he is stretched out in the freezer.

[Linked Image]

How far away did you have to throw that 80# sack of concrete to hit that snake grin

Bet you only shoot cartridges with belts too.

That was a damn funny encounter, I was returning to a family members house about 10:00pm after doing tile work on my own house, the snake was crossing the dirt driveway and I was wearing flip flops, I didn't want it to get to the Youpon so I threw the bag on him and grabbed a piece of tile and wacked it in the head.

But not half as funny as the Copperhead that flipped out of my hand in the truck, at night, and yet again, wearing flip flops.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I can't think of one good reason to have one of those things in my hand.

Harry
WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RDW

But not half as funny as the Copperhead that flipped out of my hand in the truck, at night, and yet again, wearing flip flops.

Waiting to hear the rest of that story! smile

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found one on the street behind my house, it was dark and I was looking at him in the headlights of the truck. I pinned his head and picked him up (intended to take him home and show my daughters his fangs), he was just hanging like a limp rope while I was looking at him and then he flipped right out of my hands and went under the front of the truck. I backed the truck up a few feet and there he was, so I get out, pin him again and pick him up.

I didn't bring my bucket so I got in the front seat of the truck, Copperhead in my right hand and reach for a large can with my left hand in the passenger side floorboard, damned if that snake didn't flip out my hand again, onto the passenger seat and crawling for the shifter, I jumped out and grab my stick and start raking him towards the door and he heads for the floorboard and then north to the dash. I start raking like crazy and rake him out of the truck onto my feet...of course, I am wearing my standard footwear *flip flops* and I dive back into the truck which starts rolling into the ditch...I yank the e-brake and sit there laughing for a few minutes while my heart pounds.

I slowly back the truck up and he was still there, I grab the can and stick, pin him again and start lowering him into the can, damned if that snake didn't flip out of my hand again. I beat him dead, threw him into the truck and took him home.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
[Linked Image]

Did him in with stick, boot stomp, rake and a final coup de gras with a .22LR Rat shot load laugh

Mike

if you dont want copperheads around, might want to let the ratsnakes live.....the snakes are there cause you have mice and such around....if the nonvenomous snakes are eating most the mice the less chance your gonna have copperheads and such around....best way around here to keep rattlers away is make sure you have a health population of bullsnakes cause they are better mousers than the rattlers.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I would have killed it too. I don't like any of them. I treat them all the same so there are no mistakes.

I won't kill a snake in his home if I don't have to but at my home they all die.

Why ?

Mike

Because if he gets in the house my wife will move out.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RDW
I found one on the street behind my house, it was dark and I was looking at him in the headlights of the truck. I pinned his head and picked him up (intended to take him home and show my daughters his fangs), he was just hanging like a limp rope while I was looking at him and then he flipped right out of my hands and went under the front of the truck. I backed the truck up a few feet and there he was, so I get out, pin him again and pick him up.

I didn't bring my bucket so I got in the front seat of the truck, Copperhead in my right hand and reach for a large can with my left hand in the passenger side floorboard, damned if that snake didn't flip out my hand again, onto the passenger seat and crawling for the shifter, I jumped out and grab my stick and start raking him towards the door and he heads for the floorboard and then north to the dash. I start raking like crazy and rake him out of the truck onto my feet...of course, I am wearing my standard footwear *flip flops* and I dive back into the truck which starts rolling into the ditch...I yank the e-brake and sit there laughing for a few minutes while my heart pounds.

I slowly back the truck up and he was still there, I grab the can and stick, pin him again and start lowering him into the can, damned if that snake didn't flip out of my hand again. I beat him dead, threw him into the truck and took him home.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how stroung the little bastids are, I held a Timber rattler once and it about broke my wrist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't need a bag of sakrete to cotch my very own 'copperhead'.....

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have killed it too. I don't like any of them. I treat them all the same so there are no mistakes.

I won't kill a snake in his home if I don't have to but at my home they all die.

Why ?

Mike

If MY wife would move out I'd turned a cotdam dozen out in my house. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by copperhead
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I didn't need a bag of sakrete to cotch my very own 'copperhead'.....

[Linked Image]

I don't think that one is a copperhead. Copperheads have triangle shaped heads and slanted cat like eyes.

yah think? read the entire thread.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Copperhead, it's as much of a copperhead as the OP's copperhead was a copperhead. So there. Pbbbbbbbbtttt.......grin

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm a little slow today, My bad Huntsman. deleated post

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think snakes are the most fascinating & gorgeous of all God's creatures. I admire the poisonous ones from a distance & I play with the others as much as possible. Those rat snakes can & will bite ferociously.

Killing them all because you don't know one from the other exposes your ignorance.

Ever watched a King Snake eat a Rattler? It's pretty impressive.

Ever seen a Blue Indigo Racer's iridescence in the sun? It's a sight you'll never forget.

Ever held a Cane Break Rattler and had him constrict your arm? It hurts but it is quite fascinating.

Ever tried to pull a Red Tailed Boa out of a tree? Aint easy.

Ever seen a Pearl Rat Snake stiffen his tail & mimic a Rattler? It'd almost fool you until closer inspection reveals no rattle.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Hey Copperhead, it's as much of a copperhead as the OP's copperhead was a copperhead. So there. Pbbbbbbbbtttt.......grin

Ahhhh...BULL! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
[Linked Image]

Did him in with stick, boot stomp, rake and a final coup de gras with a .22LR Rat shot load laugh

Mike

Like in Peewee Herman? "First we shoot him, then we stab him, then we kill him!"

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why ?

Mike

Thanks for the great idea!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
thems little snakes...
[Linked Image]

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 82 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,694
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.