Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yep, that's about how it must feel.

[Linked Image]

Man we are only in week 3 and some of the seats in CFB's coaching ranks are sizzling already. Lane Kiffin fields an offense that per game averages about 0.0017 points per recruiting star and Mack Brown's longhorns get absolutely routed in Provo. It's a 3:2 and pick'em as to which gets run off first. Right now your humble Penguin wouldn't book it either way.

On our end things have heated up as well. Cheesy came in with a BIG win on a weekend that saw some major upsets and tough picks. He also forwarded a handful of picks that would make a bookie weep but what are friends for?

I tip my hat to him and Big C and smalljawbasser. Cheesy edged them with the tie points but it was a great weekend for all three. It could have been disasterous for everyone else but we got lucky... Mack Browns ineptitude was underrated by all and proved to be our lifeline.

This week we have an even tougher slate. There are some sleeper games IMvHO but there are also some that you just can't figure. How do you evaluate my Bajjahs after a 2 week diet of cupcakes? How will a sizzling desert evening in front of a rabid Sun Devil fanbase affect my boys from up north? Iowa vs Iowa State anyone? How about UCLA vs Nebraska? Is there any chance the Huskers find a defense this week? Can they keep up?

Your guess is as good (probably better) than mine. We'll see in a few days.

On a technical note I am still trying to get the Key Game points incorporated. The damned thing got them right for one week but can't seem to get the season standings right. But I have included another this week and we'll see how it goes. For now remember that there is an extra point floating around in cyberspace for those who got Clemson over Georgia. We'll see if the Bama/aTm game goes through but I am going to try and get this thing right soon.

Good luck,
Will

Week 3 Games List:

1) TCU @ TEXAS TECH - thursday
2) UCLA @ NEBRASKA
3) Alabama @ TEXAS A&M - Key Game 2 points
4) Iowa @ IOWA ST.
5) Massachusetts @ KANSAS ST.
6) Vanderbilt @ SOUTH CAROLINA
7) Ohio State @ CALIFORNIA
8) Mississippi @ TEXAS
9) Marshall @ OHIO
10) Wisconsin @ ARIZONA State + total points tie breaker

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WOW!! I see maybe 2 gimme's in the list.

Tough lineup! Here we go!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is a tough slate David. I should have probably put in a couple more gimmes just to even things out but we have a few pretty good interconference games and I just couldn't resist. smile

It usually takes me 2 or 3 weeks to get a good feel for things. This week will go a long way toward telling us who is for real and who ain't. Even a close well played loss can move a team up this time of the season.

That UCLA-Neb game is one I have my eye on. Are the Bruins going to run all over the Huskers again this year? Both those teams are flawed but both are also pretty talented. Be interesting to see who comes out on top in that one.

The ASU-Wis game is another. The PAC teams have really beat up on the B1G teams the last few seasons. Both these teams are talking conference title run. Badgers have a tough one this week.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Luckily, I can't fall much further!! cry

FJB & FJT
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Penguin
That UCLA-Neb game is one I have my eye on. Are the Bruins going to run all over the Huskers again this year? Both those teams are flawed but both are also pretty talented. Be interesting to see who comes out on top in that one.

I will be at Memorial stadium to see the game. smile

Hopefully it's a good game and the Huskers come out on top.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Red Frogs and Horned Raiders
Corns and Bruinhuskers
Crimson Aggie and Tides
Hawklones and Cyeyes
Wildmen and Minutecats
Gamedores and Commococks
Goldeneyes and Buckbears
Rebhorns and Longels
Bobherd and Thundering Cats
Sundgers and Baddevils

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
20% confidence:
========

TEXAS TECH over #24 TCU
#16 UCLA over #23 NEBRASKA
KANSAS ST over Mass
IOWA ST. over Iowa
TEXAS over #25 Mississippi
#13 SOUTH CAROLINA over Vanderbilt
Marshall over OHIO
#1 Alabama over #6 TEXAS A&M
#4 Ohio St. over CALIFORNIA
ARIZONA ST. over #20 Wisconsin

Last edited by isaac; 09/11/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And because my lock picks are 2 for 2 this year, I'll give two this week:
====

Kansas St and Ohio St.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For what it's worth...

1) TCU @ TEXAS TECH
2) UCLA @ NEBRASKA
3) Alabama @ TEXAS A&M
4) Iowa @ IOWA ST.
5) Massachusetts @ KANSAS ST.
6) Vanderbilt @ SOUTH CAROLINA
7) Ohio State @ CALIFORNIA
8) Mississippi @TEXAS
9) Marshall @ OHIO
10) Wisconsin @ ARIZONA State

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
am thinkin it would make for some fun if the Aggies can keep the Tide from rolling

unless of course Crimson Tide takes offense to that statement, then I'm dyslexic (I hear tell he's kind of a big'un)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rough week.

1) TCU @ TEXAS TECH - TCU QB Pachall out, Red Raiders can score points... I'm taking TCU anyway. Their backup is pretty solid and I have faith that Patterson will have them prepared. Could go either way though.

2) UCLA @ NEBRASKA- Should be a good one. I'm taking the Pac 12 over the Big Ten in this pick. As a husker fan I hope the Huskers win but picking sides I think the UCLA moneyline is where I'd have action.

3) Alabama @ TEXAS A&M - Key Game 2 points. I don't make it a habit of betting against Nick Satan. I did have the Aggies last year to cover the spread though... Truth be told, I've never seen Manziel play and having a leader at QB is a big part of the battle. Hope I can watch this game.

4) Iowa @ IOWA ST- I'm taking the stupid Hawkeyes this year. Likely a 3 point game between 2 lousy teams, again.

5) Massachusetts @ KANSAS ST. Haha.

6) Vanderbilt @ SOUTH CAROLINA- I think Vandy has a shot at winning this, we'll see how good the Cocks are this week. If they have heart, they'll suck it up and play hard after a tough fight last week. vandy isn't going to roll over for them.
7) Ohio State @ CALIFORNIA- Ohio State struggled with a crappy Cal team last year. I'm taking Urban Meyer and the Bucks though.

8) Mississippi @ TEXAS- Who can take Texas after last weeks destruction by BYU? And Ole miss uspposed to be solid this year and SEC prestige... I like Ole Miss but I'm taking texas. Could go either way.

9) Marshall @ OHIO- Meh... Marshall.

10) Wisconsin @ ARIZONA State - I'm on the scumdevils for now, I may change my mind. Neither team has played anybody. Could go either way, although I kinda like the Badgers the more I think about it. I'll sleep on it.

Last edited by huntinaz; 09/11/13.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
For those paying attention, I don't believe I have ever won a Thursday night game.

Pick wisely,gents.

William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I happen to agree with you on Vandy. Pre-season that game bothered SC coaches more than GA.

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm actually going to start trying this week.
Well, maybe. crazy

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
David...I had 4 coin tosses for this week's games.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a good start for me, but I can still take comfort that Bob is below me in the standings and that's all that really matters.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Not with the Mulligan. I'm 9-1 you vaginal sore.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are behind me and behind me you will stay.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Quit bragging about the men behind you. It could become a bandwidth issue.

I own you after this weekend. Put your picks up

William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bandwidth or buttwidth? sick

Real curious to see how many of you TX boys take Bama and vice versa.

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 35, 13 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,974
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.