Hop To
S
senior Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized in B.C

Check out the way this "News" release from the police is worded.
From what I read the guy did absolutely nothing wrong.
Does selling a gun from a table at a gun show constitute "selling on the black market"

Stuff like this PMO mad

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...9/bc-weapons-guns-ammunition-seized.html

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It might be better to wait till some law is broken before an arrest is made.
I hope there is plenty of help coming for the victim of, "law enforcement".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depending on how reliable their informant is, there may have been justification for the raid. The problem here is the fact no one knows what information the police had and whether they had actually done any investigation yet.

Jim

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good point Jim.
It still looks like there is enough real crime to keep the officers occupied.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by senior
Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized in B.C

Check out the way this "News" release from the police is worded.
From what I read the guy did absolutely nothing wrong.
Does selling a gun from a table at a gun show constitute "selling on the black market"

Stuff like this PMO mad

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...9/bc-weapons-guns-ammunition-seized.html

To me, there is no evidence of any offence. Without more information, can you spell MASSIVE LAWSUIT? Wrongfull arrest, search & siezure.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
We are only reading what the press has to say, and from my experience, they can screw things up worse than a chinese fire drill. I need more information (as do we all) before we can make an intelligent guess as to what has happened.

Only thing I can think of that would constitute a "black market" would be sale to people without a firearms licence.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good points as well Brother Keith.
One question, if the police had evidence of a illegal sale, would not that charge be the best laid?
I am, of course just a layman, but don't police try to avoid charges that end up being dropped, or thrown out?

S
senior Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Statements from the police like the one from officer Sgt. Lindsey Houghton are there for one reason only & that's to stir up the media against law abiding gun owners.

"Many of these guns are capable of firing rounds that could pass through vehicles, doors, walls and even body armour. That is an unacceptable risk to the public and the police," said Houghton.

Tell me she doesn't realize the bullet from virtually any hunting rifle wouldn't do exactly that crazy

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Houghton, is merely parroting what his superiors tell him to say and is a stooge for the corporatist-police state that is emerging ever faster under "Herr Harpler" in our beleagured nation of Canada.

The cops now shoot and otherwise kill Canadians and visitors and immigrants on a regular basis; most people ARE afraid of them and I have met, among the hundreds I have worked with and beside in both my former government employment and private sector work, an increasing number of TV-inspired "ninja" types as time passes.

A few years ago, I spoke with my wife's then supervisor, who was retiring from his second career and whom she replaced. A big, fit, VERY soft-spoken and polite man, he had a stellar career in Canada's ONCE-proud R.C.M.P. and once commanded one of the BC Lower Mainland detachments.

HE said much the same thing and was distressed by the type of cops now SO prevalent in Canada and their violent lack of regard for the basic human rights of we citizens. I have a high school buddy, worked with him in the BC Fish and Wildlife Branch in a summer job, he joined "The Royal Red", then left to become a Chief Constable in an Albertan municipal force and he also told me this in a recent phone conversation.....

I USED to highly respect cops and always did, since my boyhood days with an uncle in "The Mounties" and reading "Dale of the Mounted", but, now, I distrust them as I do all other aspects of the treasonous, corrupt, often foreign, incompetent governments we have in "The True North, Strong and Free"......and, THAT, sadly, is NOT what Canada, now is and may never be again.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kutenay;
I hope this finds you and yours well this Labour Day weekend kutenay and that you are as ready for hunting as you'd hoped to be.

We finally got the girls sighted in this morning - a task we try to do by July at the latest most years, but somehow kute it's been "that" kind of year at our place.

As you and I have discussed before, the methods that the RCMP have been employing lately have not been helping their image or ability to effectively police one bit.

In the same way as you, I know a few retired members as well as knowing some current ones and the long time current members will privately tell me of their frustration with upper brass nowadays.

Now to be sure I've been trying to get the straight story on what went on here - some information on huntingbc and gunnutz, but as you can imagine it's all over the place too.

If and it's a big if, if the guy was willfully and knowingly breaking the law, then that's one thing and the chips will fall where they may.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is this incessant need for ERT type raids.

I mean if the guy made a bad sale to an undercover officer, wouldn't that officer be able to ascertain the guy wasn't a threat?

It would seem to me that two constables rolling up in a cruiser would have achieved the desired result, which should be either laying a charge or doing a thorough investigation.

The cynic in me can't help but feel that the ERT team gets called out because, "well it's there and we'd might as well use it" type of mentality exists.

As for the propaganda release regarding the evil bullets and that sort of canned cat food - lets just say that my sources in the Vancouver PD didn't indicate the gang bangers were packing single shot pink Chipmunks this fall.... crazy

Like you, I'm disappointed at what our national police force has become when compared to what they once were and no doubt still could be. frown

All the best to you and yours this long weekend kutenay and good luck on your upcoming hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From what I understand the crime was selling firearms to people without a firearms licence.
What drives me crazy is the media allowing the RCMP to use them to spread propaganda, innuendo, fear-mongering, half-truths, nonsense and bafflegab to perpetuate the myth that gun owners and guns are a threat to Canada and Canadians and to portray the RCMP as the fearless fighters of this fantasy threat. This whole charade then is used to justify the hiring of more police and equipping them with latest military hardware.

B
bcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Many of these guns are capable of firing rounds that could pass through vehicles, doors, walls and even body armour. That is an unacceptable risk to the public and the police, DAAAAAAAA thats what bullets Do!! My stupid person . lets take body armour > what does it take to go through that . A 375 HH can go through most canuck armour vehicles like putting butter on Bread!

B
bcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have you ever shot Heavy Metal> I think Not!Enjoy.

B
bcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There are large numbers of people who really don't know that there is no such a thing as a bullit-proof vest--and there are even larger numbers of people who don't want to believe that simple fact. This news article was written for them.

B
bcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In My youth We had a shoot of with some people 270, 3006 and the 375 HH! on very thick> I will say it Again very thick the plate but the 375 blow a hole and kept on going!> something to think about!ENJOY.

Last edited by bcd; 09/02/13.
B
bcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And I luv the 338 win mag and have about 400 speer 275 g bullets ! But it never seems to hit as hard as the 375!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is a lot of talk on this one over on CGN. I think it will be worth keeping an eye on. I'll expect it to drop way off the media radar in short order but I'll still be curious to see hwo it ends up.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.