Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just happened to catch this while watching this vid..Skip the "Spooky" footage and go to 2:12. The AF knew this was bad chit from the get go,one of my pards flew defoliant missions and said they would overfly some of these areas and see dead monkeys or many losing their hair altogether.Recently ET lost a buddy to this so called harmless defoliant we all know by another name!

[video:youtube]chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8vceeaKNo[/video]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how long from spraying to dead plants?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Damn, that's a lot of spraying. Sure glad the schit is harmless. sick

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive lost 3 uncles to the side effects of that chit.....all got out of SE Asia alive only to have it eventually kill them frown

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It ain't harmless. Found that out the hard way. Three different ways.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That "harmless" substance eventually killed my Dad and is slowly killing two of my friends right now. frown

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not really sure maybe someone else knows the answer however I do know it was a very powerful broad spectrum herbicide concocted to eliminate a triple canopy jungle.I'm guessing but I'd say a week at most so whether it had systemic action on the trees I don't know that either.From the air we were seeing vast areas where the trees looked like miles of Popsicle sticks on end.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I didn't know it was mase by monsanto

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
My wife's uncle has hairy cell leukemia from exposure to it....

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have the authorities admitted and compensated folks for these illnesses and deaths yet?

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My Father is undergoing his second round of chemo for tumors in his lungs.

The first was 8 or 9 years ago and it was the small cell,that they can kick it's butt.

This time it was also the small cell so they already had a cocktail in his file for this.

He is 82 years old but looks somewhat older because of the chemo.

his time over there was as an adviser for the 9th ARVIN and was on the same ground that it was sprayed.

Prayers for anyone afflicted with problems from this stuff.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Pete,

Compensated? No. Have they acknowledged that they killed a bunch of people and are still killing people? Yes.

There is medical benefits for those exposed to it and file claims, but it is a long, torturous process.

With so many of the Vets now getting up in age, some of the diseases that this stuff causes can also be found in the general population as they get older, so proving it is Agent Orange related becomes more and more difficult. Add in a bunch of incompetent bureaucrats, and you have Vets suffering and their families watching them suffer.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed,

I am very sorry to hear that, especially given treatment in the US can be very expensive.

It seems a generation gave so much and its still costing them and their family dearly..

Regards,

Peter

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Pete E
Have the authorities admitted and compensated folks for these illnesses and deaths yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_cell_leukemia

As a result of the IOM report, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs considers HCL an illnesses presumed to be a service-related disability (see Agent Orange).

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I honestly believe my prostate cancer was caused by agent orange and I never stepped foot in SEA. My ANG unit got 8 C-130E models straight from SEA in '75. Prolly full of it. Many USAF/USAFR/ANG C-130 air crew members got prostate cancer that never set foot in SEA.
We had an FE in our unit that sprayed it for a year. He won a Silver Star during that tour of duty.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My uncle was exposed to AO and has had some brain function problems since returning in 1970. My cousin (his youngest child) was born after he returned from Vietnam, and had birth defects directly related to his exposure to AO.
It is some bad stuff and the Government has never come clean about what it actually did to our solders.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A doctor that worked for me was a radio operator stationed at a base the stockpiled AO. Now he's getting sick from it. They haul him into the Minneapolis VA hospital and test, poke and prod at him but have done little to help him. That must have been some really nasty schidt.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Ed,

I am very sorry to hear that, especially given treatment in the US can be very expensive.

It seems a generation gave so much and its still costing them and their family dearly..

Regards,

Peter
Monsanto and a few other companies practically own the government. They never will come clean. They would rather pay millions to lawyers to get out of it and cover it up than they would to simply admit guilt and pay the damaged parties. This is far less horrifying than who-knows-what is going on today with chemicals.

I use as few chemicals in my farming operation, tiny though it may be, as I can. This is one of the reasons.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My First Sergeant died from cancer that he believed was the result of exposure to Agent Orange. We fought to VA for years and never got anywhere with getting him some compensation. I miss him. He was a great friend.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.