Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by shatodavis
So we started applying, every year the number of point required to draw goes up.

Thats called point creep. And thats the exact reason I wish to slap the [bleep] out of any Wyoming resident who wishes to see the fish cops start points for residents. My kids are forever [bleep] because of greedy azzholes.

GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Originally Posted by Lhook7
I hunted there last year. It is very crowded, but you can get away from everyone if you are willing to walk a few miles. I had a cow tag and saw several bulls, but only one cow and that is when I was driving in.

Cows are a two hour trip max in 11. And yes 11 is a small area with lots of pressure from road hunters. Lace up the boots and step away from the roads. You will be rewarded.

I was hunting early season between Johnson Park and Corral Lake. Should I have gone farther South to Mutt and Jeff?

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Unit 11 may be easy to draw as a resident, but for Non-residents it took max point last year. I'm thinking unit 21 sounds more likely

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Originally Posted by shatodavis
So we started applying, every year the number of point required to draw goes up.

Thats called point creep. And thats the exact reason I wish to slap the [bleep] out of any Wyoming resident who wishes to see the fish cops start points for residents. My kids are forever [bleep] because of greedy azzholes.

Yeah what he said!!!! Im to the point of not patronizing the bastards!

Save Some Elk, Shoot A Wolf...........
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've hunted with Hiddencreek Outfitters outta Cody on their wilderness hunt and didn't get a bull hunting with my elderly father and have hunted Mule deer with them twice prior years and they kill good bulls with high success in the Thorofare area outside Yellowstone. Excellent Outfitters but a tough hunt. Everything you want in a hunt.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've talked my old man into us buying a PP for WY with hopes of hunting in 2016 or 2017. I'm thinking I'm going to take a trip up there in 2015 for deer or elk to get some boots on the ground in an area that I might try to draw an elk tag in. I'm kind of confused about the GEN tags/draw tags myself. Is there a map that shows general units vs units you need points to draw?

wyoelk, where's that Wyoming education seminar you said something about wink

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere, what are the different "types" of hunts(# designation 1-9)?

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks WB. I looked everywhere yesterday for that and couldn't find it for some reason.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
that's from the 2012 handbook, back when they printed it out in one part.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,518 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.