Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Robert,
<br>
<br>Since you posted at 10:28
<br>
<br>"My GOD!!! The stupidity never ends!!! Go back and read one of my more recent posts."
<br>
<br>Let me refresh your memory and remind you that just 32 minutes earlier, you posted the following::
<br>
<br>"No, I didn't post anything to that effect. This is your imagination. I posted that the 6.5x.284 hull wasn't made with the .284 Winchester specifically in mind. I don't think you're understanding me."
<br>
<br>Since this is you quoting yourself, one would assume you would have no qualms about accepting its validity. In turn I asked you for proof of your assertion that the 6.5-284 cases were not made with the intent that they be used for other .284 variants. Such proof you have been unable to provide, and every call for such proof has been ignored, or deflected by name calling.
<br>
<br>Lastly, you posted:
<br>
<br>"And the moronathon rolls on."
<br>
<br>Your words, not mine. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Pick one of the following -grow up, lighten up, wise up or shut up.
<br>
<br>Mr Bin, I'm enjoying a Glenmorangie finished in port wood. A proper beverage for pig wrestling. I'll be sure to take a shower before retiring.
<br>
<br>Regards,
<br>Scott

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
GOD ALMIGHTY, you're dense.
<br>
<br>
<br>Where do we start? Well, let's see. The 6.5x.284 hull appears to be made as a basic hull for forming other .284-based wildcats, correct? It's probably also used to form just plain vanilla .284 Winchester fodder (but W-W seems to be readily available, so why bother). And I recall posting the lack of ready-made stuff. It would appear to me that Norma doesn't consider the .284 popular enough to make components with just that cartridge in mind, thus we get a basic case to neck up or down.
<br>
<br>

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey, expletive deletive, go back and read the response I made at 10:05 your time to ROTR.
<br>
<br>

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well this has been fun, And me standing up for a troll a day or so back, sorry about that guys. The arguement would have been a good one had it not gone into the gutter by a frustraited participant. Just goes to show a persons true colors when he sinks to calling folks names his mother probably never uttered.
<br>I just love a good clean fight that is even up but this is so one sided afair, I feel sorry for the loser, who in my mind lost all that he may have gained when the name calling began in ernst.
<br>He has all the answers it's just that he doesn't know what the questions are.
<br>
<br>Now for a lost round that was a good one and I see no mention of it here, and would be? The 225 Winchester
<br>I had one in a target rig once nice shooter it was too.
<br>
<br>Robert don't go away mad just go away.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If someone will get some Weller, I will bring the Cuban cigars! TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick, smoke swirling around head... very nice!
<br>
<br>

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Robert,
<br>
<br>You should have just conceded that Big Stick had a point when first made about the universal .284 brass. Then you could have just repeated your point regarding its never having been popular (or being in decline, or whatever), and since they are not making specific brass, this was evidence of that. It would not have gone beyond that, I think. Or if it did, it would have been on the merits of the round, and why it should have been more accepted by the general shooting community. This would have been a much worthier thread in that case.
<br>
<br>When you start with low shots, you begin to lose support and the argument.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hawkeye:
<br>
<br>I don't think I ever had anyone's support.
<br>
<br>As far as BS' original "point" it went along the lines of him considering me stupid with him inventing an imagined post about me doling out case forming data.
<br>
<br>At any rate, I have bigger things on my plate today and need to get my roof fixed. Unless any of you wants to jump in for that, I am pretty well done here for the time being.
<br>
<br>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Were do you live you never know who will pitch in to help?
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
" I am pretty well done here for the time being. "
<br>
<br>Great...............
<br>
<br>

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Robert, just a minor aside. Your signature line, "If it's free, it can't be all bad."
<br>I was taught long ago there is no free lunch, you will pay one way or another in the long run.
<br>
<br>As to all the word twisting, well thats all it is, nothing more and to no point except to attract attention. And you sir are obviously good at it, I'll give you that.
<br>
<br>My first and last on the subject.
<br>
<br>Rick, too early for a drink, but will retire to the drawing room and light up a stogie and relax for awhile.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
capt-e
<br>Finally someone who knows GOOD scotch!!!
<br>art
<br>

Last edited by Sitka deer; 08/13/02.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I am more peasent like in my taste, Haig & Haig Pinch or even Chivas Regal will keep me happy. [Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, the original campfire is stoked a roof is being fixed and a question occurs to me:
<br>
<br>Who of you like and use anything on the 284 case... 6, 25, 6.5, "Daddy", 338, 358, etc.?
<br>
<br>Is this case really a bugger to make feed reliably and consistantly as often cited?
<br>
<br>
<br>Brad

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
scotch? yuck burnt cork. pass the tallymore dew. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick,
<br>
<br>This thread is out of control, I thought that you were going to banish people who couldn't play well with others? I enjoy reading Stick's comments and I enjoy reading Robert's comments, although we don't always agree. Even when we don't agree, I have kept the dialog respectful, but Robert hasn't. (See our dialog regarding Remington Models 8/81 and the forming of .303 Savage brass in the Savage Collectors forum).
<br>
<br>I don't like name calling and profanity, any more than I like the hillbilly english used by "cuzzinmitch" et al. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like "cuzzinmitch" if we met, it just means that the language is hard to take. Do you want me to start posting in "Ebonics"? IMHO, you are losing control of things and perhaps the boys need a "time-out". It is well that Robert is in OK and Stick is in AK.
<br>
<br>Since I have been reading Robert's posts, I have never seen him admit that he was wrong. Miki (AKA Attorny Mark K. Benenson of Benenson & Kates) is a smarter than average guy and clearly has Robert pegged.
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
BUt in the world of quantum mechanical physics, 1+1 does not equal 2 every time. Nor does 3+1=4. Is the cat in the box alive or dead if you are not looking in at it? Ahhhh now we are facing complex issues.
<br>
<br>
<br>Cant we all just be buddies around here?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brad,
<br>
<br>I've only dabbled with the 284 and it's spawn,with pushfeeed bolts. To date I have yet to see a feed or function issue on 700's/Model Sevens,Ruger 77 MK I shorts or Sako AII's. My penchant is 700's and that is what mine are based upon(25-284's and 284).
<br>
<br>The Ultra is the same basic design,just taken further. I am a 338Ultra fan,of the highest order and mine is on a Sako L61R. Friend's are on 700's. Again feed and function is flawless. My 338Ultra is beyond fantastic,it is absolutely wickedly sinister and that is a very good thing!
<br>
<br>My pending 257WSM,is based upon a Rem 700 short too. So I am very much at ease,with the rebated design.
<br>
<br>Just what issues may arise in a CRF platform,I could not speculate,as I've never traveled that road. Perhaps others here,could voice firsthand accounts on the matter?
<br>
<br>I've played with the 6,25,30,338 and standard 284Win variations. All were impressive,as a minimum.......................
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>To all,
<br>
<br>I should have stayed up late sippin' whiskey myself,as today was a bust at work(too much wind). You Boys do know best!................(grin)
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Robert,
<br>
<br>
<br>As far as my original point,you are mistaken as per usual.
<br>
<br>I did/do not "consider" you to be stupid. I KNOW you to be stupid. The first is opinion,the latter fact. Judge Judy would convict you of stupidity,before the first commercial break!
<br>
<br>I support you 100%. Comedy like this,must usually be purchased. I am enjoying the great savings. Thanks!................
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, I go away for a few days and I miss out on all the interesting stuff. Sounds like everyone kept it to a mild roar while I was gone, though.
<br>
<br>Stick, ROTFLMAO- picturing Judge Judy convicting us intermet misfits is a picture I just can't shake! Heck, they would have to invent some new "internet blue laws" to cover the BS on these threads! [Linked Image][Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Rick,
<br>Pass the good whisky to go with JJ's chocolate cake, would you?- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,195
Posts18,524,073
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.