Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TJAY
The kitchen.

[Linked Image]

The furnace.

[Linked Image]

and water heater.

Love the coleman hot water on demands. Our lake cabin has one for the sink inside and we use one in a shower house we just built. Its too bad they are pricing themselves out of the business. Pretty cool when you realize it has several safety features you couldn't get if you tried to make a cheap home version.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No camps blush , we hunt the family farms, and stay in nice homes grin . No point in "roughing it" when we don't have to do so.

The homes ARE rustic, however. My nephew built his log house after a tornado came thru North Central Missouri and knocked down a large stand of oak timber. He bought it, had it milled, and built the place himself. By himself, I mean HIMSELF. Three stories including the basement, built by a lake, and surrounded by deer heaven.
His father did the same, but had most of the work done, because of his work schedule, it's only about a mile across the lake from his son's place.
Nice new log homes, on a nice little lake, in the middle of some of Missouri's best deer ground. It simply doesn't get any better than that. laugh

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Those are fantastic.

That's how I know deer camp, it fits my definition by experience. Great stuff.

Stohs beer too, lol!

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here's one from 2011. Lastround is in the green sweatshirt. I'll find more later...

[Linked Image]

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going up to camp in the morning I'll take some pictures and post them when I get back. Nice photos so far guys.Question though where is all the plaid woolrich and lever action 30-30's?

I Kill Things......deal with it..
IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by lastround

[Linked Image]

It's still a trophy as far as I'm concerned. I don't get to shoot many deer. So, when I see a buck, most of the time if it makes my socks go up and down, I shoot it. I'm a meat hunter first, horns second.

I can remember being 9,10,11,12.... dreaming of a buck like that. Starting about this time of year, back then (and now) I'd start reading old hunting books and magazines my Uncle Rick gave me (I still have them). There was a book with a nice fat fork-horn standing in some pines. I used to dream of that shot, on that buck daily. From the time the leaves changed to deer season, that's all I thought about.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
No camps blush , we hunt the family farms, and stay in nice homes

Camp is where you make it bud. To me, deer season is good friends, family, food, laughs, tears, God, food, beer. Hell, sometimes we hunt.

On the first week of MN deer season, I hunt about 30'ish miles north of Duluth. I(we) stay at my mom's house but stay in the woods all day. There is anywhere from 2 to 4 of us that hunt out of there.

Back in in the day before I was legal to hunt, my uncle had a 40 with a shack. He sold it for a wedding of all things! For 20 years I hunted at a family friends land that was surrounded by state land. We stayed in his house, and hunted mostly on the public land but his too sometimes.

The last few years I've been up north to Chickenbuck and north of Duluth with my BIL, and sometimes a few guys from here at the fire.

To me, deer camp is about nearly everything but shooting a deer. Sure, that's my goal, but there is so much more I love about Camp now. Getting the kids deer, and helping them become better hunters is something we at camp seem to make a priority now.

Thanks to all that have posted stories and photos so far. Keep em coming

Man I LOVE it!

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Stohs beer too, lol!

That's for deer camp and high school. lol.

Originally Posted by wildone
where is all the plaid woolrich and lever action 30-30's?

I have a confession to make. I've never hunted with a 30-30. Hell, I've never hunted with a lever. I think I need to change that!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Love the tent pixs as CLB and myself are considering purchasing to expand our hunting areas.

Some from Maine Deer Camp:
Front view:
[Linked Image]

View from the back window:
[Linked Image]

Sleeping area upstairs..there is some wool:
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ChipM

Sleeping area upstairs..there is some wool:
[Linked Image]

Man Chip, that reminds me of our old place! We built a 24x30 on the 90s. Big 16x30 bunk room upstairs. When my parents divorced in 2000, we sold it. You cant believe how much I miss that place. Im glad we have a new place, an older mobile home. But we built that one, me my old man and some friends/relatives. Miss it terribly frown

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom

One of these days I'm going to learn how to post pictures. I've got some good ones from many years ago at our 'Popple Palace'.

Paul

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both in Washington's Cascade Mountains, hunting for mule deer.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This is a great post. Ive had many camp, some redneck mansions some just tents. As of now I have small parcells to hunt, all my good stuff ive benn screwed over on. I hunt out of state about ever other week nowadays.

The best camp we ever had was in Refugio, Tx. Me, dad, and uncle Geno had a lease on The River Trap. It holds some of my fondest memories with dad. As some of you may recall I lost dad a year ago. I think of our time spent down there everday. Ill try to dig up some pics.

I miss the days when a little spike or forky was a trophy. I have fallen into the inches game. Sometimes I wonder if it wasnt more fun back then. But I also spend a lot of time teaching my 9 yr old.

Im trying to find a way to hunt up in NY, Maine, MN, or PA. From the pics I see of the country its beautiful. Ivegot the plaid andslew of levers at the ready.

Keep this thread hot!

Joseph
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
i agree with Tzone, camp is where and what you make it, i and my family are lucky enough to have a in laws farm to hunt in western Pa, small selfmade 1 story bunkhouse, and kitchen/sittin room. but the days leading up to the start of any season ie archery, inline, turkey, or buck are the best, jokes, pranks,bs, and old stories of our fathers, and uncles are what really makes it camp. This is a great post, it makes one think alot. this happens only in America my friends, thanks to our veterans, current and past.

Last edited by admin100; 09/20/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish I knew how to post pictures, and had some digital shots of my Pa. deer camp. Built by my dad and 4 other guys, all WWII vets. It went up shortly after they returned fro kicking Adolf and Tojo's azz. All supplies were begged, borrowed (permanently) or otherwise procured. A simple one room affair with four sets of bunks, a big table, a small cooking area, a couple chairs and couches and little else. This was back in the heydays of deer hunting in Pennsylvania, and the stories spill out of the diary of 8 to 10 bucks being taken by noon on opening morning. The patriarchs have all passed now, and sadly had no kids who hunted, save for me and my brother. It's a shame to see a great old camp like this shuttered, but that will be the case again this year. Pa.'s far away from my adopted home in Minnesota, and my brother is in his 60's now and of failing health.

Thanks for starting the thread Tom, and here's to all the deer camps out there-may they stay strong in the years to come.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
gophergunner, you just painted the same picture that we went through when we built our camp. haha!! we traded a tractor to obtain a generator to run our tools, then the grass grew, so then it was trade a 4wheeler for a tractor. and it goes on and on.my wife caught on when i became interested in remolding our house, only to take the old windows and leftover items to camp. thats what makes the memories.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
This is a great post. Ive had many camp, some redneck mansions some just tents. As of now I have small parcells to hunt, all my good stuff ive benn screwed over on. I hunt out of state about ever other week nowadays.

The best camp we ever had was in Refugio, Tx. Me, dad, and uncle Geno had a lease on The River Trap. It holds some of my fondest memories with dad. As some of you may recall I lost dad a year ago. I think of our time spent down there everday. Ill try to dig up some pics.

I miss the days when a little spike or forky was a trophy. I have fallen into the inches game. Sometimes I wonder if it wasnt more fun back then. But I also spend a lot of time teaching my 9 yr old.

Im trying to find a way to hunt up in NY, Maine, MN, or PA. From the pics I see of the country its beautiful. Ivegot the plaid andslew of levers at the ready.

Keep this thread hot!

Maine is the toughest place I ever hunted, here are some habitat photos, woods are thick with some openings.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And I showed the wool, now here is the lever action. Mostly hunt with bolt action carbines now but a Marlin levergun usually gets a walk in the woods at least one day.
[Linked Image]

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Paul. You can email them to me and I could get them up for you. Or register on photobucket and set up an account and I'll walk you through it.

smile

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Man I need a lever gun!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by tzone
Man I need a lever gun!

For sure!

I have been putting in for the Maine moose hunt for years with no luck. My pard drew 2years ago and came back with envious stories, a moose, and a well worn pre 64 94 Win in 30-30. Ill be up there someday .

Joseph
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 1234, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.